: Who's getting an 09 Escalade?

Ray24
05-05-08, 07:56 PM
I ordered a 2008 black EXT around November and got it in late December. My dad bought it for me for $67,000. All the options except flip-down screen and retractable side-steps. I saw the new features for the 09 models like Side Blind Zone Alert, Black Cherry, Express-up windowns, the new OnStar, Cocoa seats, and many of the options that are now standard. Hopefully some of these will be on the EXT because I've loved the EXT ever since i was a kid. I'm 18 now, so I would like to have an 09 with the new features, but I kinda want to keep my escalade because its my first car. I would trade in my 08 for an 09 when it comes out if i decided to do that. It has about 2500 miles on it right now. Anyone have suggestions, or planning on trading in to get an 09?

Dav1s
05-05-08, 11:13 PM
Damn, an Escalade as a first car. That's nice.

Eh, I'm buying a new Escalade soon, depending on how much nicer the 09's are, I'd buy one, but, if there's nothing special or majorly different, I'm just gonna go with an 08.

GM-4-LIFE
05-05-08, 11:57 PM
The lease on our 2007 Escalade is ending in about 4 months, so we will be getting a 2009 Escalade. Because of all the new features the 2009 Escalade will have, I would pass on the 2008s, no matter how good the deals are.

Because of high gas prices and the drop in demand for large engined SUVs, I would venture to say that you will take a bath on your 08 EXT when you trade it in. There was just an article that I read last week that said that trade in values are very low for large SUVs and dealers are just sitting on used large SUVs.

My advice would be to keep the EXT for as long as you can. You tend to lose the most during the first year. By the 3rd or 4th year, the depreciation levels off and you may be in the positive or at lease not too much in the negative.

Hope this info helps you. It must be nice to be 18 and have a bad ass EXT like that. I was happy when I was 17 in 1994 when I got a 1995 Impala SS and that car was only $24K back then! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I had an EXT when I was your age! You are one lucky kid. Be thankful you have a father that you do!

SG

Ray24
05-06-08, 12:05 AM
Thats cool. I wouldnt get an 09 just because its "a new year." But it seems like there will be a little bit more quality in the 09's, and the new digital OnStar, and other nice features. The good thing is that the truck is completely paid for. Even if I do trade in my first car, I promised myself I will always have a Cadillac Escalade EXT. Then after I graduate from college and get a job, I will add a car (Benz), Range Rover, or another Escalade (Just like hcvone :worship:) but White Diamond. Hopefully it won't take too long after I graduate, but I'll work hard. I appreciate EVERYTHING I have and know how hard it takes to earn these luxuries.

Ray24
05-06-08, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the info AERO1, I might do that. I see so many 07 and 08 Escalade's at used car dealerships, I'm in Houston, TX so there are so many trucks and SUV's. '95 Impala SS isn't bad either. I thank my dad so much, he had 10 siblings in a 2 bedroom house and didnt get to go to college. But he just retired from ExxonMobil now. He wanted me to get my "dream car" and something that was safe and high in quality. I thank God everytime I hop in my Cadillac.

hcvone
05-06-08, 07:50 AM
Do your parents have rooom for an older kid????? Not sure if I am trading my 07's for 09's or changing to Navigator's.

dciliberti
05-06-08, 08:41 AM
Carl,

You are considering Navigators??? What do you like about them?

hcvone
05-06-08, 09:09 AM
Carl,

You are considering Navigators??? What do you like about them?

Not built by GM. I see a lot of cars and trucks that come to us for wax, I have been seeing too many GM cars and trucks with awful paint jobs, and it almost seems that the more you spend i.e. Escalade's and Corvette's the worse the paint is. I have been looking at Z06's, 80k plus and some of the cars looked like the paint was rolled on. :( The Navigator's I have seen seem to have better paint, and my neighbor owns 8 Ford dealerships.

TSS
05-06-08, 11:19 AM
Not built by GM. I see a lot of cars and trucks that come to us for wax, I have been seeing too many GM cars and trucks with awful paint jobs, and it almost seems that the more you spend i.e. Escalade's and Corvette's the worse the paint is. I have been looking at Z06's, 80k plus and some of the cars looked like the paint was rolled on. :( The Navigator's I have seen seem to have better paint, and my neighbor owns 8 Ford dealerships.

Say it isn't so Carl... I have been lucky with paint. But you are right. My neighbor just got a new 08 Vette (Z51) convertible. Dark Cherry. Paint looks mediocre at best. Ironically, he also has one of those 06 White lightening performance DTS' that has mismatched body panel paint. His DTS paint is as bad as the one posted on this forum. He could care less - which is good - for him. The only thing he is picky about is his Harleys. I live vicariously through him....:histeric:

gary88
05-06-08, 11:24 AM
Wait, does the current Escalade NOT have express up windows?

We're gonna be in the market for a new SUV kinda soon, and it's going to boil down to a new Escalade or an X5.

hcvone
05-06-08, 11:24 AM
It will be tough to switch, the only american cars I have owned were about million grand cherokee's, and two AMX's, never a ford, but the 425 hp for 09' has me interested, and of course the deal I can get. I will have to see when the times comes, and that will be by late summer.

TSS
05-06-08, 01:57 PM
It will be tough to switch, the only american cars I have owned were about million grand cherokee's, and two AMX's, never a ford, but the 425 hp for 09' has me interested, and of course the deal I can get. I will have to see when the times comes, and that will be by late summer.

The increase in HP makes the Navigator competetive now. Before, it was not even on the radar for me. If you take the plunge and make the switch, I would be very interested in your comments/comparisons. One additional quirk (IMO) is the exposed liftgate rear window hinges. They just look cheap and out of place to me. At least Ford has begun using BODY colored rear parking sensors now. :yup:

hcvone
05-06-08, 02:05 PM
The increase in HP makes the Navigator competetive now. Before, it was not even on the radar for me. If you take the plunge and make the switch, I would be very interested in your comments/comparisons. One additional quirk (IMO) is the exposed liftgate rear window hinges. They just look cheap and out of place to me. At least Ford has begun using BODY colored rear parking sensors now. :yup:

I am hoping that the rear window hinge thing will be corrected on the 09's, and you are correct, with 300 hp it was a slug, would have never thought about getting one unless they would at least equal the Escalade hp.

Ray24
05-06-08, 02:25 PM
I saw the interior of a Navigator and it was very nice. My twin sister ordered a 08 BMW X5 and got it in Janurary. Nice ride, I'll post a pic after school.

GM-4-LIFE
05-08-08, 11:13 AM
The newer navigators have the old 50s style instrument cluster look which I am not too crazy about. The white LED instrument cluster the navigator used to have looked much nicer. I don't know why Ford engineers decided to go old school on the Navigator instrumentation.

I just never liked the Navigators. I do wish the Escalade had the Navigator's fold flat third row seats. I can't believe Cadillac would leave the third row seats like they did on a $60K+ vehicle. I am hoping the next gen Escalade (2012, if there is one) will have a fully independent four wheel suspension, so they can engineer the seats to fold flat into the floor. It just makes more sense. You get a better ride quality and better features overall. I hope GM knows how many complaints there are about the GMT-900's third row seats and I hope they are busy working on the next gen Escalade's features.

SG

hcvone
05-08-08, 12:17 PM
The navigator dash does nothing for me either, and while I do not know what the 09' navigator will cost, it's suppose to have a 6.2 engine making the 425 hp, right now with the same equipment and options a navigator is 7k cheaper than a standard escalade. I am still having a hard time trying to justify the platinum price difference for a slightly nicer interior, and different front bumper, no tow hooks. :(

keg97
05-08-08, 06:08 PM
We never even looked at the Navigator for two reasons....
- Powertrain was not competitive
- That nasty dash