: Fishin' With an Old Homie....

DopeStar 156
05-04-08, 10:18 PM
My friend from like elementary/middle school invited me to go fishing today. I'm not much of an outdoors person and I suck at fishing, but I went just to hang out. It was good to see the kid and I actually caught two fish. Miraculous because I know shit about fishing. Still we had fun and it was cool to see someone I haven't seen in well over 8 years. Here's some pics I snapped.....

My friend kept commenting on how it looked like the mob was back here dumpin' bodies because of our rides. He was driving a late 80's Diesel Mercedes Benz wagon. He tells me it's pretty rare.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/1989%20Fleetwood%20Brougham/caddybenz.jpg

Here's the first fish I caught, some ridiculous thing called a "Sunny" which I hear is inedible, I ended up throwing it back.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/mattfish1.jpg

The second sunny, threw it back also, this one was pissed and kept trying to bite me. Probably because my hook was really old and rusty, I'm sure this fish now has tetnis....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/DopeStar156/mattfish2.jpg

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-04-08, 10:39 PM
Cool! :thumbsup:

I haven't seen any of my elementary/middle school friends since like '04.

DILLIGAF
05-04-08, 11:22 PM
That looks like a sun fish,a member of the Perch family.They vari in colors,that looks like a bluegill sunfish to me.Big females stuffed with eggs sitting on their beds.(where they'll lay their eggs later).They are indeed edible and prized as good eats!When them dudes are bigger than your hand and about an inch thick their yummy.We pick on them with fly rods around here for the sport.They have yellowish firm meat with a sweeter taste but have lots of bones,they need to be big to fillet.Most people scale them and eat around the bones(Yuck!)Either way-well done Dope!I love the outdoors

DopeStar 156
05-04-08, 11:54 PM
Hmmm... Maybe I shoulda kept them then.......

caddycruiser
05-05-08, 12:26 AM
Fishing...oh, it's been a WHILE. Actually, the last time I did was in elementary school with a friend at his grandparent's pond/lake thing. First time I ever had, and after hooking a fish, know what I did? Hooked myself right in the finger, and it hurt like a SOB. Never have fished again, hah.

But that Brougham and MB wagon in the woods...that IS quite a scene. Looks like one of the many Sopranos clips, especially being in Jersey.

Destroyer
05-05-08, 12:26 AM
Cool! :thumbsup:

I haven't seen any of my elementary/middle school friends since like '04.
Save for 1, I havent seen my buds since '92 (graduated in '89). Blink and you are old, time f'ing flies man, make the best of it.:thumbsup:

dkozloski
05-05-08, 12:49 AM
I did a little research last week and found that most of my classmates are dead, demented, incarcerated, or institutionalized. I guess I'm next.

DopeStar 156
05-05-08, 01:09 AM
But that Brougham and MB wagon in the woods...that IS quite a scene. Looks like one of the many Sopranos clips, especially being in Jersey.

I know. Haha, I said Sopranos to him actually. One thing I noticed has been happening lately is since me and that stupid hooker split up like two months ago, a lotta old friends have been crawling outta the cracks.....

nickc50310
05-05-08, 02:34 PM
Sunfish are edible and delicious! They are best when fileted and beer battered. However, if they are not big enough filleting them is a royal pain.

Spyder
05-05-08, 05:00 PM
Not a bluegill, or at least not what we call bluegill out here. Either way, just about anything is edible. Carp is a friggin delicacy in some parts of the world!

I did a little research last week and found that most of my classmates are dead, demented, incarcerated, or institutionalized. I guess I'm next.

Already demented, tougher than death and ya probably ARE the law in your part of the world. Institutionalized? Nah...can't see that either. Unless you're running the damned place.

DILLIGAF
05-05-08, 08:53 PM
Spider might be right.Either way it's a delicious sunfish or Bream in the south.Our Bluegills look like this or close to.

Spyder
05-05-08, 10:37 PM
Yeeup...that one looks like the bluegill we know and the kids love out here. They're a GREAT

Spyder
05-05-08, 10:38 PM
...weird...

...way to get kids into fishing because once you find a school of them you can catch twenty or thirty fish in a half an hour, on just about anything you cast out. Little kids LOVE catching them and they're great fun and good eatin'. They shoot sideways when you hook into them...screaming across at right angles to your line. Good fun.

Destroyer
05-05-08, 10:52 PM
Its sometimes a bit strange reuniting with someone that you have not seen in so long. A good friend of mine and former employee from back when I used to manage detail shops at big dealerships called me out of the blue last month. Its been 11 years since I saw this guy but we were real close at the time, he now has 4 kids, I have 2, he's still working at detail shops. Anyway he is visiting me on the 18th of this month and bringing the whole family. I look forward to it. :cool:

DILLIGAF
05-05-08, 10:53 PM
All right dope,next time you catch a fish,we need a better pic dude!Us goobers get in to this stuff.

Spyder,we need to hang out sometime.

dkozloski
05-06-08, 01:15 AM
I had a guy call me out of the blue the other day that I hadn't seen in twenty years. He worked for me in an aircraft engine overhaul shop. He'd raced grand prix motorcycles in eastern Europe for years and knew all the oldtimers like Mike Hailwood, Paul Smart, Geoffery Duke, and Giacomo Agostini. It was very flattering that he thought enough of me to find out what I was doing. He had been building a homebuilt airplane when he worked for me and finally got it flying. I'd helped him some with the engine and he wanted to thank me. The guys mother was a Czech and his Dad was a Russian army officer. He could keep you entertained for hours telling stories about his experiences racing bikes in the eastern European countries behind the iron curtain. I am a very lucky man to have met so many wonderful people with such wonderful histories that they were willing to share. I seem to have a knack for drawing people out and getting them to tell about experiences that they had never shared with anyone else. I've often thought about writing a book.

DILLIGAF
05-06-08, 09:01 PM
I had a guy call me out of the blue the other day that I hadn't seen in twenty years. He worked for me in an aircraft engine overhaul shop. He'd raced grand prix motorcycles in eastern Europe for years and knew all the oldtimers like Mike Hailwood, Paul Smart, Geoffery Duke, and Giacomo Agostini. It was very flattering that he thought enough of me to find out what I was doing. He had been building a homebuilt airplane when he worked for me and finally got it flying. I'd helped him some with the engine and he wanted to thank me. The guys mother was a Czech and his Dad was a Russian army officer. He could keep you entertained for hours telling stories about his experiences racing bikes in the eastern European countries behind the iron curtain. I am a very lucky man to have met so many wonderful people with such wonderful histories that they were willing to share. I seem to have a knack for drawing people out and getting them to tell about experiences that they had never shared with anyone else. I've often thought about writing a book.
Go for it!Give me a small cut of the proceeds for encouraging you.:cloud9: