: New member here!

Stewthebassman
05-04-08, 08:47 PM
Hi All!

I just thought I'd check in and introduce myself.

I currently own a 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT that I bought last July 1st, used. I really enjoy the ride, and the utility of the car is terrific. I play in a jazz duo on Wednesdays, and the car gets me double bass around very well, even with my two little girls in the car with me!

I have owned a variety of 3 series, 2 Saabs, a brief affair with a Subaru, and now I am looking at the 2008 CTS.

I have test driven a variety of 5 series, and my wife and I both love the look of that car, but it seems a 2008 CTS loaded competes very well with used 5 series! And I do really enjoy the badass look of the 2008 version.

A 2009 wagon would be even better, I love wagons, and i don't like SUVs at all. My wife drives an X5 and i don't really enjoy it at all. I'm a car guy.

So next Tuesday I'll be taking a 24 hour test drive in a loaded AWD CTS...not sure what the engine is, but if I were them it would by the DI, no?

Anyhow, I have enjoyed looking at your photos here and reading the discussion, looks like a great crowd!

Thanks for having me!

When I am done my test drive I will post my impressions!

regards,

Stewart

CadillacGurl
05-04-08, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forum!! I would go with DI. If you want to wait a little while, you might be interested in the 09 CTS-V :)

Stewthebassman
05-04-08, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, the V is certainly an attractive proposition, but my budget won't go there ;-) We're in the process of building a beautiful house!

But waiting for a 2009 wagon, well, that is interesting....although with all the wagon cancellations that 2008 saw, I would highly doubt Cadillac would bring a wagon here!

Rolex
05-04-08, 09:24 PM
:welcome5:

Stewthebassman
05-04-08, 09:28 PM
Thanks, Rolex, nice sig!!

Lord Cadillac
05-04-08, 09:39 PM
Welcome aboard! Thank you for signing up!

dkozloski
05-04-08, 09:52 PM
You'll find a lot of varying viewpoints and a lot of fun.

Stewthebassman
05-04-08, 10:24 PM
Thanks.

I will probably ask a lot of questions to see if this car is for me...no place better to be from what I have seen!

thebigjimsho
05-04-08, 11:05 PM
Welcome!

And don't go and vote in the '09 CTS-V forum on wagons. You'll continue to debunk the theory that some Americans actually like wagons. And that wil bruise some egos...

But really, we all love each other around here.:yup:

Stewthebassman
05-04-08, 11:22 PM
I'm Canadian.....does that mean I can like wagons? We're kind of European here in Montreal....:-)

Seriously, I love having a big bad wagon like my Magnum...some of the best styling that Dodge has come up with in years....

Oh, and thanks for the tip on the poll...................I'll go and vote now!!