: 2000 Escalade NO sound coming from speakers!!

nictyler69
05-04-08, 06:13 PM
Hi guys! I have a 2000 Escalade with the factory Bose sound system in it. The other day I got in it to go to the beach and BAM NO SOUND! :bonkers: I know NOTHING about car stereos so I am totally in the dark here. I checked the fuses for the radio and they are fine. Would any of you be willing to help me figure out what's wrong? I may actually DIE with no music in my truck!!! :crybaby:

Guyz1996deville
05-05-08, 02:17 PM
Factory Service manual. Spark chasing is hard enough but over a thread is too hard. Is there any power to the system at all?

nictyler69
05-05-08, 03:30 PM
The radio is working fine. Changes station ect, CD changer works as well but there is no sound coming from any of the speakers. Does anyone know where the amp is? Someone told me the amp may have a blown fuse or need to be reset. This is driving me NUTS :mad2: AND THE LAST THING I want to do is have to take it into the dealership! :crying:

07escalade
12-05-09, 10:41 PM
bad amp

Youngrodder
12-10-09, 11:06 PM
Check the fuse for your cigarette lighter. This also powers the amp. I had a similar problem with my 2000 Tahoe and it ended up being a blown fuse due to an bad cigarette lighter. My amp was located up underneath the dash by the steering column but then again it was a Tahoe.

Good luck.

Marc

jeversvik
10-14-12, 06:30 PM
I know this thread is old but I found when I had the same issue with my 2000 escalade. I just wanted to let future readers know that Youngrodder was correct about the Cigarette Lighter fuse powering the amp and that replacing it fixed the issue. Thank you Youngrodder you just made my day :)

Tommy77maroon
10-15-12, 10:15 PM
The Bose amp is bad... This happens in alot of older Bose Systems the only two ways to fix it 1.bypass the amp which would mean running all new speaker wire to every speaker this way doesn't cost alot but is ALOT of work 2. Find a replacement amp for that Bose System but idk where you would find that or how much it would be.