: How To Lower My EXT the cheap Way????

larry_chip
05-03-08, 08:31 PM
I Leased my ext & want to lower it because i have a set of 24's & the rear sits up way to high & looks kinda dumb, i want to lower it but its a lease & goes back in 23 months so i dont wanna give 2 grand to lower it, is the a cheap way of doing this?

extOnChoPpAz
05-06-08, 11:29 PM
i wish there was a cheap way too...but theres a reason why its a g or two

baskalade
05-07-08, 12:03 AM
You can cut the springs. I've heard if you don't take much off at all it doesn't effect the ride quality much, but don't hold me to it. I haven't tried it!

larry_chip
05-07-08, 02:02 PM
well this guy i met took his new denali to a rim shop in queens n.y & the guy lowered the rear (i think new springs) & said that he just lowerd the front by turning something in the front end & it lowers.

i dont understand what he was talking about with the front, but the rear makes sense. why not just put shorter springs in the rear?

roccos_van
05-07-08, 02:16 PM
Don't cut your springs. Here is what you need to do:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/73292-07-escalade-mild-rear-drop.html

PM Carl, he had a kit for sale NIB for around $100 a while ago.

hcvone
05-07-08, 04:24 PM
That kit is for the standard Escalade's only. :)

roccos_van
05-07-08, 07:47 PM
That kit is for the standard Escalade's only. :)

Maybe it would be a good idea if I actually READ the subject line? :~fridge:

hcvone
05-07-08, 08:41 PM
Maybe it would be a good idea if I actually READ the subject line? :~fridge:

I did the same thing, and they deleted my post. :alchi:

larry_chip
05-08-08, 12:47 AM
so i can't just lower the rear? or i can? Confused? lol

i think the front is okay & like in the other post i dont want to mess with the front end & have more problems,
i think droping the rear to be even with the front should be ok, what size drop do i need 1.5 or more?

hcvone
05-08-08, 09:22 AM
Go to one of the companies that sell lowering kits and just get the rear springs, call Hotchkis and see if the sell them for an EXT, they may have them and just not list them

roccos_van
05-08-08, 04:11 PM
I'm pretty sure either belltech, eibach, hotchkis, ground force plus many others i can't think of right now will sell rears only. Carl's right; Just call them.

hcvone
05-08-08, 06:35 PM
http://www.peddersusa.com/2007%20GM%20SUV.htm

larry_chip
05-08-08, 07:59 PM
i'll give them a call 2moro, Thanks hcvone.

i called ground force & someone else today & they said that you cant just lower the rear because you'll mess everything up, i said i really didnt wanna mess wih the front because its a whole new job. with aligment & that bull.

but as far as i can see people are doing just the rears.