: who stays in miami?

OffThaHorseCEO
05-03-08, 04:25 PM
What's up guys. Me and my gf are going on a cruise and we'll be in Miami the day before.

I was wondering if any members who live in miami could recommend some good lowcost activities for the day as well as an inexpensive place to stay. It doesn't have to be the hilton but we don't want a roach motel either. Just a nice clean comfortable affordable place to rest our heads.

Also we'll be driving down and need to know if there are any places (like walmart) to park the car for 6 days without fear of a citation or vandalism.

Any input is appreciated

Martin

Rolex
05-03-08, 04:36 PM
If you intend to stay downtown you must avoid the Downtown Raddisson Hotel at all costs!!! Unless you don't mind one of the front desk clerks copying your key and breaking into your room when you're not there to steal all your valuables. The Double Tree hotel is downtown right by the docks and within a couple minutes ride to a nice open air market.

The downtown area seemed a little "rough" to me. Watch your back if you walk around.

dkozloski
05-03-08, 04:46 PM
Be sure to check out your body armor before you get there. It's open season on anybody that looks prosperous. Miami, Florida is very near being the most dangerous city in the United States.

hueterm
05-03-08, 07:12 PM
If you leave your car in some random parking lot for 6 days, it's going to get ticketed at minimum, towed most likely, broken into most definitely, and stolen beyond all reasonable doubt.

Don't they have parking facilities at the port? At minimum, I'd leave it at the airport in long term parking -- at least the thief would have to pay the daily rate when they stole your car...

Rolex
05-03-08, 11:24 PM
It's open season on anybody that looks prosperous. Miami, Florida is very near being the most dangerous city in the United States.

While in the downtown area I held my head high and looked people in the face. Don't look weak. The only walking trip we made "out" was to cross the street and grab some fast food for lunch. I've felt naked without my piece. Everybody looked like a suspect to me.

We thought we were safe in the hotel room until the front desk clerk used a stolen room key to try to break into our room. Lucky thing I'm big on bolting the door and latching the safety latch. Did I mention I felt naked without a piece on me? :duck:

Have fun in Miami. Watch your back.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-03-08, 11:34 PM
I remember that thread, but I don't remember why you didn't have protection

hueterm
05-03-08, 11:36 PM
I think there are metal detectors on cruise ships...

Rolex
05-04-08, 12:13 AM
I remember that thread, but I don't remember why you didn't have protection

Even if I had checked my handgun with my luggage the cruise ships absolutely don't allow them. And the cruise lines x-ray all your luggage, even the checked baggage...not that I wold ever carry into any place that dis-allowed it. :shhh:

HITMONEY
05-04-08, 12:38 PM
I can be of service for storing your car safely, indoors at my warehouse.

When is it you are coming down... the time of year has alot to do with how much you are going to pay for a hotel.

OffThaHorseCEO
05-06-08, 06:47 PM
I can be of service for storing your car safely, indoors at my warehouse.

When is it you are coming down... the time of year has alot to do with how much you are going to pay for a hotel.

ill gladly take you up on your very generous offer :)

we're coming this friday, we board ship saturday @ 4

MauiV
05-06-08, 06:53 PM
Kudos to Hitmoney for covering a guys back.

Rolex
05-06-08, 07:36 PM
Hey Hitmoney, next time I'm leaving out of Miami would you store my firearms? :p

hueterm
05-06-08, 07:42 PM
Kudos to Hitmoney for covering a guys back.

Kudos to Hitmoney for covering a guys Caddy :-)

HITMONEY
05-07-08, 01:02 AM
ill gladly take you up on your very generous offer :)

we're coming this friday, we board ship saturday @ 4

No problem.

I will PM you my contact info.

HITMONEY
05-07-08, 01:04 AM
Hey Hitmoney, next time I'm leaving out of Miami would you store my firearms? :p

Off course!!

I have a nice new safe I can lock it up in.

:thumbsup:

OffThaHorseCEO
05-07-08, 09:18 PM
Kudos to Hitmoney for covering a guys Caddy :-)
unfortunately my girls saturn is less of a gas hog than the 'lac.

...hope this doesnt change things :)

thanks again

HITMONEY
05-08-08, 01:00 PM
unfortunately my girls saturn is less of a gas hog than the 'lac.

...hope this doesnt change things :)

thanks again

Just give me a ring.. we will put it inside of a locked warehouse right next door to my club. It will be safe and out of the sun. You can see some of our other toys in there as well. Its abuot a 10 + thousand square foot warehouse. :cool2: