: New HU installed with GMOS-06 NEED HELP

senseicadillac
05-03-08, 10:33 AM
What up lac owners

i drive a 2000 DTS that had bose HU in it replace with alpine w505 still usein bose amp and speakers got it done at best buy and they said i needed tha GMOS-06 they installed and now i am havein tha infamous problem that ive been seein on this forum tha music cuttin out then pops back in im havein a lil more problems with tha chime it dont come on when it is supposed to or it dont come on at all or it will even come on and stay on its a real pain in tha A## and i havnt been able to find a clear option to get this workin properly i am willin to do what ever it takes cause i seen somewhere on hear that it can screw ya HU and plus it just sucks when ya tryin to BUMP and enjoy tha caddy comfort and then ya shit pops out

Thanks

CadillacGurl
05-03-08, 11:04 AM
Hey, your best bet is to email my bf at Cadillac1997ETC@yahoo.com (his PM box is full) :) I hope this helps!!

treetop
05-03-08, 07:52 PM
Don't bother, he'll just get snappy with you and make fun of you for not searching first.

There are other modules that may work better for you than the Metra GMOS-06, it's been prone to problems.

Peripheral Electronics has a module, the GMAH-32, that should work better for you. There's no front/rear fade capability, but the sound won't drop out like with the GMOS-06, and the chime module is a separate box which doesn't seem to lose the first stage chimes. You'll need a separate part (SWI) to keep the steering wheel controls if you want them, otherwise the steering wheel controls just operate onstar volume.

PAC Electronics offers the same module, it's the OS2-GM32.

SoundGate also has a module, the DigiStar-C, but it looks to be the same as the GMOS-06.

Hope this helps some, a lot of us are in the same boat trying to interface with bose garbage.

senseicadillac
05-03-08, 08:49 PM
hey man thanks alot im prolly goin to see what i can do i will try this peripheral one hopefully all goes well and you say there is a seperate modual for tha chimes which modual would this be

senseicadillac
05-03-08, 09:23 PM
and also has anyone tryed this GMAH-32 and had any sucess and if anyone out there has solved this problem plz holla at me like i said up there im willin to do whatever it takes if some rewire has to be done cool with me long as it dont cut out and the chimes work im happy

treetop
05-03-08, 09:42 PM
hey man thanks alot im prolly goin to see what i can do i will try this peripheral one hopefully all goes well and you say there is a seperate modual for tha chimes which modual would this be

The chime module is a separate box, but it's included.