: 93 STS Northstar wont start

STS NORTH
05-02-08, 06:41 PM
Hi everyone, I have a 93 STS with Northstar and It will not turn over at all. Power is there, new batt and alternator. I thought it may be the anti-theft and the starter disabled problem but it may not be. I had that problem last year, the message came up, I read some reviews on the site and I repaired it by soldering the connections and it's been working for a year, I thought that it was the problem this time, no message came up but I changed the key and cylinder properly anyway and the resistance is perfect, and the fuel pump primes. I'm lost now. Could it be the starter? My wife says get rid of it, but I can't. The car is immaculate, white diamond on black leather, the 99 cromes on it, moonroof, I have had it for ten years and I don't want to let it go. It has almost 200k miles on it, all pampered. I have been looking at some 07 CTS and STS V's, but I would still like to use this car for the winter. Any ideas on how I can keep it going again would really be appreciated!

Thanks!

urbanski
05-02-08, 06:47 PM
i have to ask, why did you post this in the "Forum Rules and Guidelines Full: descriptions of some of our rules and guidelines." section? Seems like a pretty clear description of what this subforum is for.

why dont you take a minute to learn about this place and select the proper forum to ask questions in.

moved.

chubbyranger
05-03-08, 08:41 AM
Ignition circuit goes: ignition key switch -> starter enable relay -> neutral safety switch -> starter solenoid. Trace that path. The NSS is the easiest to start with since its usually the most accessible. If there is or isn't power there you at least know which direction to go.