: Motorwerks Cadillac, Barrington IL

JimmyH
05-02-08, 01:27 PM
I took my CTS in for service on Tuesday. I wanted them to look at the transmission. There was a little shudder on the 4-5 shift, and the tach needle was wavering at 1800 rpm in top gear. The left mirror was distorted a little, and my power lock switch broke. Keith, the service writer, also said he would give the car a "once over."

I also wanted a transmission service, and differential fluid change. I didnt even have to point out the friction modifier for my limited slip diff, he brought it up before I could even mention it.

They did all the above. And went beyond. They replaced the torque converter, the diff pinion seals, (and something else I cannot recall.) They also discounted the transmission service price because some of it was changed with the TC under warranty.

They gave me a DTS as a loaner (nice car :thumbsup:) and treated me like a VIP. I was also chatting with Keith about my CTS-V. He was very knowledgeable about the car. He was telling me about the TSBs out on the car (all of which I knew already, but kudos to him for bringing it up in the first place) and when I told him about the diff whine, and me possibly wanting to get the diff fluid changed, he said he could probably get it taken care of under warranty.

All in all, the best dealer experience of my life (and I have had ALOT of them over the years :lol:)

Anyone in the NW suburbs needing a Caddy dealer, you have to go to these guys. Top-notch.

Motor Werks Cadiilac of Barrington
206 N Cook St
Barrington IL 60010
888-801-4116
http://cadillac.motorwerks.com/

BTW, I tried finding the dealer reviews section here, and I cannot seem to find it.

Highline Cady
05-03-08, 03:01 AM
Isn't it great when you find a good dealer with knowledgeable service writers and even more importantly mechanics. I praise my dealer up here so much I even bring in C5, C6, TBSS, and my Dakota, o.k. so they don't like it when I bring in the dodge, but they knowledgeable on all and take care of everything.

Oh, for the record it's Crest Cadillac in Brookfield WI.

But Jimmy, the most important thing of all you left out: Did they wash your car? LOL

JimmyH
05-03-08, 11:22 AM
Yes they washed the car :lol: not a great job (there was still some residue on the doors right by the front wheels; but i think that was because of the crappy tire shine product I used) but good enough.

BTW, the service writer was Kevin, not Keith. oops.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-03-08, 12:38 PM
They must have known you were a CF VIP. :histeric: :)

Highline Cady
05-04-08, 02:34 AM
Residue on the doors, they are off my list!!! I hope I never break down in Ill.:histeric:

JimmyH
05-04-08, 12:51 PM
The residue was on my doors before I took to them. I am sure they have a simple auto car wash there. It had no chance of coming off.

Highline Cady
05-04-08, 04:35 PM
I'm just joking around. I hope if I have the misfortune of breaking down in Ill. it's right in front of Motor Werks.
:thumbsup:

JimmyH
05-04-08, 08:00 PM
yeah I know. They are a class act over there though.

Highline Cady
05-04-08, 09:52 PM
Good to hear, usually you only get to hear about the horror stories. It's nice when someone actually acknowledges a good experience because they do happen allot more than you read about. Glad they were good to you ya finally found somewhere to take it that you trust.:bouncy:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-04-08, 09:59 PM
I should call over there (as a service writer from Southview Chevrolet) and tell Kevin how good of a job he did on your car Jimmy.

JimmyH
05-05-08, 01:58 PM
I told him I was going to post a favorable review on here, and he sounded very appreciative of that.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
05-05-08, 02:24 PM
Maybe you'll get a free oil change coupon out of the deal.

JimmyH
05-05-08, 06:46 PM
:lol:

AJxtcman
05-06-08, 09:41 PM
I took my CTS in for service on Tuesday. I wanted them to look at the transmission. There was a little shudder on the 4-5 shift, and the tach needle was wavering at 1800 rpm in top gear. The left mirror was distorted a little, and my power lock switch broke. Keith, the service writer, also said he would give the car a "once over."

I also wanted a transmission service, and differential fluid change. I didnt even have to point out the friction modifier for my limited slip diff, he brought it up before I could even mention it.

They did all the above. And went beyond. They replaced the torque converter, the diff pinion seals, (and something else I cannot recall.) They also discounted the transmission service price because some of it was changed with the TC under warranty.

They gave me a DTS as a loaner (nice car :thumbsup:) and treated me like a VIP. I was also chatting with Keith about my CTS-V. He was very knowledgeable about the car. He was telling me about the TSBs out on the car (all of which I knew already, but kudos to him for bringing it up in the first place) and when I told him about the diff whine, and me possibly wanting to get the diff fluid changed, he said he could probably get it taken care of under warranty.

All in all, the best dealer experience of my life (and I have had ALOT of them over the years :lol:)

Anyone in the NW suburbs needing a Caddy dealer, you have to go to these guys. Top-notch.

Motor Werks Cadiilac of Barrington
206 N Cook St
Barrington IL 60010
888-801-4116
http://cadillac.motorwerks.com/

BTW, I tried finding the dealer reviews section here, and I cannot seem to find it.

Hey I think you asked me about that surge. :hmm: I was thinking about your V not an auto for some reason.

I was very tired and fell asleep in the car before we were out of town.

JimmyH
05-06-08, 11:08 PM
that was a long day. fun though. you get all packed up?

Whatever they did, it was worth it. My fuel economy has improved from 23 to 25 mpg since they serviced it.

Ranger
05-07-08, 12:21 PM
Too bad they are a little out of the way for me. Sounds like a great place.

JimmyH
05-07-08, 12:52 PM
How you doin man? They are little out of the way for me too actually :)

Ronster
05-07-08, 02:01 PM
Thanks, this is good info.
I am a bit closer to Weil and I had one service experience there (good), but I also travel in the barrington area fairly often.
here's the dealer review board: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-dealership-reviews/
Ron

JimmyH
05-07-08, 02:24 PM
ha thanks, I never even knew that subforum was there! :thumbsup: