: northeast/east cadillac meet.

T_Dogg8
05-29-04, 03:20 PM
hey guys,

anyone from PA, MD, WV, VA, DE, or NJ interested in having a cruise/meet?? i live in south central PA and i think it'd be cool to get a bunch of caddy's together for a day. maybe at a state park or something. we could add a cookout and things and make a day of it. i think it'd be a cool pic to get a nice mountain setting and about a hundred caddy's.

anyone interested, let me know and maybe we can set things up. i'm thinking we make it out in the future about a month to give everyone a chance to come.

hcvone
05-29-04, 03:49 PM
I am north and east of Phila, I would come to a get together but it would have to be in the fall, lets see how much interest we can get. :)

MEJIA
05-29-04, 09:28 PM
hey guys,

anyone from PA, MD, WV, VA, DE, or NJ interested in having a cruise/meet?? i live in south central PA and i think it'd be cool to get a bunch of caddy's together for a day. maybe at a state park or something. we could add a cookout and things and make a day of it. i think it'd be a cool pic to get a nice mountain setting and about a hundred caddy's.

anyone interested, let me know and maybe we can set things up. i'm thinking we make it out in the future about a month to give everyone a chance to come.

T_Dogg8 I am intrested in the meet, eventhough I am not from the northeast, nor the United States. I am willing to take a flight to where the meet is organized, and get a chance to know you and other forum members.

Just let me know if the invitation is also open to mexican cadillacforums.com members. :D

Thanks,

Mejia

elwesso
05-29-04, 11:56 PM
Moved to the meets section.

DaveSmed
05-30-04, 12:24 AM
I'm for it, Cad or no Cad. Shame Sal moved already!

gabbman
05-30-04, 12:40 PM
Im in . new jersey

PhillyCaddy
05-30-04, 01:58 PM
I am gamed for it. just try to set a date or throw up some dates to see what will be the best time for it with everyone. also see were it will be set at.

D148L0
05-30-04, 07:13 PM
As always, I'm in. Let's see if this one works.

T_Dogg8
05-31-04, 02:21 AM
cool.....what's a good area for everyone?? where is everyone from?? i'm from south central pa. what would be a good central location for everyone?

CadillacKidd2003
05-31-04, 03:22 AM
im up in norhtern nj pretty close to the border of pa..

D148L0
05-31-04, 10:49 AM
cool.....what's a good area for everyone?? where is everyone from?? i'm from south central pa. what would be a good central location for everyone?
Northern VA/DC. I suggest somewhere in the southern limit of PA.

Devil_concours
05-31-04, 11:30 AM
Northern VA/DC. I suggest somewhere in the southern limit of PA.
same here

T_Dogg8
05-31-04, 11:31 AM
let me check a few places out around my area. what type of place would guys like to meet at? there's a state park near my house that has a lake, a beach, and a big picnic area. and not too far away is a gettysburg national park. that would be probably easier accessible for people, but harder to find a place to hang out.

MEJIA
05-31-04, 02:10 PM
let me check a few places out around my area. what type of place would guys like to meet at? there's a state park near my house that has a lake, a beach, and a big picnic area. and not too far away is a gettysburg national park. that would be probably easier accessible for people, but harder to find a place to hang out.

T_Dogg8: For what it looks you are the organizer for this cadillac meet :) .

However I would like to make some suggestions to you and to the participating members of this meet, however you all can disagree with them or partially change them. I am just posting this in the best of intrests to have a succesful cadillacforums.com meet.

1) How about renting the parking lot of a convention center to realize the meet? Or a similar kind of place?

2) T_Dogg8 are you willing to organize some kind of event that requires $$$ and that we deposit the funds to your account or are you not willing to do this. If you are willing to do this I think we can do lots of intresting things, like T-shirts and other memorabilia from the meet.

This are just some ideas I came up with, but I coinsider that If we get all organized ahead of time we can have an excellent event.

Please do post other ideas regarding the northeast meet.

Mejia

PhillyCaddy
05-31-04, 06:50 PM
it is a good idea to have it near gettysburg. that wont be a problem here.
I think we all just like to get together to see each other and the cars we all speak about all the time.
as for Mejia'a idea. it is all up the the people of the forum to whome will be going.
I have a bowling tournament either the 1st or 2nd weekend of August in Hanover wich is right in your area. I will find out that date and pray it is not the same weekend as this meet will be.
lets just try and make this happen..

T_Dogg8
06-01-04, 09:56 AM
i'm willing to do whatever, as long as some other people will help too. i just don't want to put a bunch of time into this if when the time comes, barely anyone shows up. it sounds like there's some interest, so i'll keep going with this.

Devil_concours
06-02-04, 12:27 AM
i'm willing to do whatever, as long as some other people will help too. i just don't want to put a bunch of time into this if when the time comes, barely anyone shows up. it sounds like there's some interest, so i'll keep going with this.
so when is this going to happen?

T_Dogg8
06-02-04, 09:37 AM
how does the end of july look??

MEJIA
06-02-04, 02:13 PM
how does the end of july look??

Excellent. I must agree with T_Dogg8 that there is a lot of intrest in this meet so we must go on and continue organizing it.

It would be good to know if other members could assist to the meet on the end of July.

Mejia

PhillyCaddy
06-02-04, 09:40 PM
end of july is fine with me, just set the date to make sure.
oh and any idea of the area yet.

Devil_concours
06-02-04, 09:58 PM
end of july is fine with me, just set the date to make sure.
oh and any idea of the area yet.
same here

DaveSmed
06-02-04, 11:51 PM
Works for me.

T_Dogg8
06-03-04, 09:14 AM
i think we were looking in the south central pa area. some guys on the cts forum suggested farther north at the poconos but i don't want to pay for something yet. let's see how big this gets and maybe have a big meet where we rent a parking lot later.

T_Dogg8
06-03-04, 11:59 AM
how about the weekend of July 31st, August 1st??

MEJIA
06-03-04, 02:18 PM
how about the weekend of July 31st, August 1st??

excellent.

T_Dogg8
06-03-04, 04:24 PM
now to figure out where :)

let's try to get a more solid count to see how big of a place to go.

i'm 1 maybe 2 if my dad and his cts are around.

MEJIA
06-04-04, 01:51 AM
If you are making the count with me it is already 3

I am IN.

And as I posted before I am getting there by airplane, no way I am driving 4000+ miles :tisk:

But I am seriously coinsidering right now, going in my SUV to Texas, and have hire a freight company and have it delivered in PA.
But that is still just a plan, not a fact for the moment.

But my presence on the meet is confirmed.

Mejia

PhillyCaddy
06-06-04, 09:51 PM
well just found out that the date for my tournament is August 6,7 and 8th. so july 31st sound great to me. so count me in im #4. :)

Devil_concours
06-06-04, 11:22 PM
we should have another meet if everything goes well
(so that i can show off my hre wheels that i will be getting after the meet) ;)

T_Dogg8
06-07-04, 09:27 AM
yeah....if this goes well we should definitely do it again.

let's start small and see how it goes and then go big after that.

PhillyCaddy
06-07-04, 09:44 PM
so how many do you think you will get for this. and how many do you have so far.

DaveSmed
06-08-04, 01:43 AM
yeah....if this goes well we should definitely do it again.

let's start small and see how it goes and then go big after that.
Definitely. The first one was fun, and that was a relatively small crowd.

T_Dogg8
06-08-04, 08:55 AM
so how many do you think you will get for this. and how many do you have so far.
so far we're at four cars and i'm bringing two. so let's try to get some more people.

T_Dogg8
06-21-04, 12:01 PM
ok....does this mean no one else is interested??

cadillacchris
06-24-04, 11:28 AM
Where are we meeting?

Devil_concours
06-24-04, 11:46 AM
ok....does this mean no one else is interested??
i'm bringing mine

rollman
07-02-04, 10:12 PM
I'm interested in something like this. It would be nice to get together ans share some info. Proformance tips , detailing tips and such .

PhillyCaddy
07-03-04, 12:05 AM
so now that it is getting closer to the time. have you any idea if we are still going to meet, and if so, do you have any idea of were it may be.
Im just trying to make all my plans now since some of my vacation time will be coming up. I would love to have this happen. see some of the faces with the names.
also rollman, what part of philly are you from. south, north west or so what.

caddyshack24
07-03-04, 01:07 AM
there are about 20 of us from florida, bet if it was centrally located we could join you.. but i mean, we'll have out own eventually. no worries

Devil_concours
07-03-04, 01:11 AM
we should all meet up in va. Go to skyline drive

rollman
07-03-04, 07:11 PM
also rollman, what part of philly are you from. south, north west or so what.
From the Southwest area out by Phila International Airport . How bout you ?

PhillyCaddy
07-03-04, 10:42 PM
right there in s. philly by Pat's and Geno's steaks. under 2 blocks away near the police station.

T_Dogg8
07-06-04, 11:42 AM
we should all meet up in va. Go to skyline drive
that would be cool. how far south into va is that?

cadillacchris
07-10-04, 11:01 AM
I am in south eastern Pa outside of Philadelphia, I am game just depends on the day since I am in the car business I work Saturdays. Tdogg if you come this way I can show you those plat. 20" you lover so much. . . LOL

DaveSmed
07-25-04, 03:09 AM
:Poke: Well??? Where is the meet? If nothing else we could try Hooters. (See my race night post)

PhillyCaddy
07-25-04, 10:35 PM
that is a great ?.
also dave I replyed to your hooters :)

ogbuehi
07-28-04, 05:12 PM
I check the latest posts from you guys all the time. If you are serious about doing it this weekend I'm definitely in. Just as long as you get the times, dates and exact location down. I've always wanted to do something like this.

DaveSmed
07-30-04, 12:13 PM
Anybody come up with a location yet? or a time?

Daniel Almestica
07-30-04, 01:28 PM
ny! myself and my caleta my 94etc wiil be there let us know where and when!

Xrayqueen
08-07-04, 02:50 PM
Why don't we meet mid-USA next summer that way more people would probably be interested. I live in Cali. Just a thought :hmm:
Peace :bouncy:

elwesso
08-07-04, 11:28 PM
Im thinking we should start a POLL in the lounge where we should hold our convention...

I will take care of that... Unless someone wants to take the lead.

BTW, if anyone wants to take the lead, please PM me...

DaveSmed
08-08-04, 11:05 PM
Weren't we planning to meet in Ohio at some point too? I think Katshot was in on that one too.... :rolleyes: Anyway, I would be for it. Pick someplace easy to get to though, I can only afford feeding it if there highway miles.... :D

Night Wolf
08-14-04, 12:53 AM
was there ever the meet? I live 90min from Albany and NYC.... right in the middle... and I love long road trips... I would definitly be in....

mymoneypit
08-23-04, 11:07 PM
the hooters in wayne nj never turns a car show away and friday night are always good there i say we meet this weekend on the 27th of august

RBraczyk
08-24-04, 12:23 AM
I'm in amherst, so i suppose i could go as far as ny/penn/nj. All depends.

bolvey.1
08-24-04, 12:30 AM
Hey T,
I'm in Syracuse NY.
Love to meet you all!
I'm in.
Mark

e-mail me at mdvenesky@verizon.net

mymoneypit
09-02-04, 02:20 AM
hey guys once it snows mine goes away so lets do it soon someone call me there are a couple places around me we can go hooters and a couple of places on rt 22 cell 973-703-6371

RBraczyk
10-03-04, 06:27 PM
New york area actually sounds like it could be possible, or a little further south or east.

JJhomer83
10-03-04, 09:25 PM
I'm back and i'm down for a meet. I am south of the poconos and north of phila. I can travel though.

PhillyCaddy
10-11-04, 12:01 AM
well it is getting later and later in the season of no show. so if this is to happen then get a move on. make up some minds and say were when and for who will be there. I dont mind traveling a little bit. the pocono's sounds nice or maybe upstate NJ. or southern NJ. SOMETHING. :banghead:
or even Vally Forge!!!

danbuc
10-26-04, 12:02 AM
I'm down here in West Chester PA, not too far from Philly or Jersey. I would love to get together with some fellow caddy owners. Hardly anyone down here that I know who owns one. Only my friend back in N. Jersey. I'm just down here for school. If this doesn't go down soon, it probably won't happen until next year.:( Starting to get pretty cold outside. I wouldn't mind a drive into Philly(never been there), or anywhere in Jersey( I live up in Mahwah anyway). If anyone has any good ideas that would be great. I'm up for it :D

an01sts
10-28-04, 03:20 AM
You can see by the date of becoming a board member where I fall in the ongoing no-go caddy show. Has anyone got anything going as far as orginization? On thing that I want to point out is that Ocean City, Maryland has 2 cruiser weeks--old cars/street rods, Corvette week, and biker's week. OC's tratitional timeframe is Memorial Day through Labor Day. I think that one of the crusiers weeks is in season, but the rest of the events are just before season and just after season.

I have no clue as to how people get things set up, but OC is more than receptive for such events. The local polulation isn't that large, but OC can handle population surges up to 250k to 300k. It is also cruise-freindly with a 3 lane bulavard, allowing unorginized parades. Simply, you drive around, with everyone jockeying for postion, until you have a massive group

In addition to the fre-for-all type event, they include orginized events. For instance, for the mentioned events, they dedicate a huge parking lot that probally can hold 25k cars. I'm sure that they get some money somewhere because it's a pay parking lot, and I cannot imagine them letting anyone park for free.

OC also uses its convention center and its parking lot for ogrinized events. Another thing that they do with orginized events is have a boardwalk crusie, whereby the pedrestrian boardwalk is shut down and the vehicles parade down the boards.

It would be nice to get as many people as possible to go to such an event, but it's hard to get coast-to-coast group to meet. OC is almost centered between New York and Richmand. This cunk of the country is the most populated area in the country, I'm not sure of either, but I think it's about 4 or 5 hours from NY, and maybe a little less for Richmond.

The thing is that OC is an area in which one could pull off such an event without permission from OC. Simply everyone just shows up, and because OC is merely a tourist trap, it sure the hell isn't going to run off a bunch of Cadillacs, as some places might.

This thread has been going on forever. OC would be a doable location for many in the northeast, and it could be a day trip for many, perhaps an overnighter.

I'm about as good at orginizing as I am at spelling. The first thing that has to happen is picking a location. Because of the nature of the City and its desire to attract tourism--even in the form of car/bike weeks--it would be a perfet place. So what 'cha think? OC?

T_Dogg8
10-28-04, 09:13 AM
i like that idea. i'd be up for a weekend there. i started this thread and would like to have an event like that, i just don't want to be the one who organizes it. i h ave way too much on my plate as it is. we just need someone to step up and take on the responsiblity.

PhillyCaddy
10-28-04, 09:55 PM
that is a nice idea and like you said T_Dogg8, trying to set it up is the problem. I have almost no time for myself and then try and get this going. I am able to say if there is a date then I can make the time.

an01sts
10-29-04, 01:51 AM
Look guys, we might be able to get orginised right here, without a ringleader. You guys have been around here, some of you, for quite some time. Ima newbie, and looked at this post with a fresh perspetive. I didn't read every word in every reply, but I skimmed through all the pages and see the main stumbeling block. Someone says, let's do it here, and a few others say that a good place. A few days go by and someone mentions someplace else. People are hungry for such an event so, naturally, people say it sounds great. This repeat continues from days into months.

Again, I have poor orginization skills, but I would think that the first step is finding a place which a group of people would agree upon. :helpless: Lets say that we can get 10 people to agree upon a spot :banghead: and a general timeframe ;) I can see that there are plenty more than 10 hungry people around here.

Next, get these 10 people, start to contact other Caddy owners when they are surfing the different boards. I guess that there is a way to send private messages, we're not selling anything, persay, so it would be in board guidelines. If so, and one of these people know--through board contacts--someone in the region, that person can tell the other(s) about the event.

Also, when these peole are chatting about blowing away snotty-little, tin-can-muffler rice burners, they can also say "by the way, we're want to have a Caddy show at xx, on or about on xx. Would you be interested? If so come over to this thread because we are making a list."

It would be a lot of work for one person to try to handle everything. One thing that isn't an obstical is that this tread can act as the data-base, the huge chore that, otherwise, would be left to the orginizer.

Here's a good example: Despite the fact that I'm not involved, Amway works, and people get rich because they find others who want to share the dream, and it pyrmids out. Just like the founders of Amway, all it takes is a small handful of people to start the dream. Unlike Amway, which takes an incredible amount of hit-or-miss work, finding others to share the dream, this dream is an easy sell, and just like crack cocaine, it sells itself.

Again, Ocean City, Maryland is an excellent location because of its cruise freindly infastructure. There is a municipal free-parking lot that holds thousands of cars, and it's always deserted even during the peak season. (It's 1/5th a mile outside of OC and it was built because OC tried to promote park-your-car-and-ride-the-bus. Yeah! Right! America ain't parkng its cars and riding the bus. We gonna' cruise the boulavard, downtown.

I don't know the regulations for hangin out in it, but the sob is always empty. The biggest in season use of the parking lot happens when it rains, and the kids use this vast wast of paved area as a skid-pad, doing a handfull of 360's then regaing control.

You could line up 300 cars, probally taking up less than 1/4 of the lot and still leave the over 3/4 parking lot empty, making it really hard to bitch about a bunch of Caddies hangin out in the lot. After all, in addition to the kids' skid pad, the only purpose it serves is a place for people to ditch trailered boats, for free, for however long, so wtf?

A non-OC sponsored/endorsed event could even take over a portion of the paid lot. It's first-come first-serve, so if you get in early, you could line up 5k cars, and no one could say diddily because we are merely customers, buying parking spots.

I cannot stress what an ideal setting OC would be, as far as a common location for the mideastern part of the US. Lots of places don't like people coming in and fouling up business as usual. OC's only business is trying to get people to go there; therefore, they will automatically cater to such an event, and the accomidations are built into the city's infastructure, as far as lining up in parked formation (as aleady stated) and/or/both a 3-car-wide massive cruise up and down a bulavard: The grid allows 3 lanes headed south, then 2 lanes u-turn back north, turining back into 3 lanes north. Further north, 2 lanes U-trun south. This endless course is, probally 2, 2.5 miles long, and it allows seamless up and down crusing for thousands of cars or, of couse, less.

OC-endorsed car and bike events attract entries from the mideast coast. The amount of vehilces that come from NY, NJ, PA, VA makes MD entrants almost a minority. Some of these guys are in clubs, but most of them are you and me's, people wanting to gather for an event with others who share the same interest.

These events certainly evolved into huge snowballs. The thing is that they had to have started just like we are doing now.

I cannot run operations because I don't know how. The thing is that this thread can act as a data-base, the most important part of trying to build an event. Come on guys! It's obvious that we have enough collective interest.

Let's start out by seeing if we can get a group of people to agree upon OC. Once we can get a group agreeing upon a location, it is start of the vision. I have seen thousands upon thousand hot-rods throbbing around the roteary. Likewise, I have seen thousands of Harleys and thousands of Corvettes doing the same. I can also visulize thousands of Cadillacs of all years and makes, doing the same.

My lonely STS, even though it catches more attention than Vetes and late model muscle cars (Lot's of times, these guys get pissed that the STS--Steal The Show--is getting the attention, so they back way off, allowing lots of room.) an01sts cannot do it by himself. If OC--it's right on the Atlantic, kissing the MD, DL boarder, with good high volume access from all dirctions--seems like a good place to start the vision, lets see how many people we can get agree on OC. If we can get that step done--you know 20 or 30 people in agreement--it's a start. I don't know what will happen after we can get to that point, we might be able to collectivly brainstorm, and pull off such an event.

Come on guys, and girls, start talkin'

rollman
10-31-04, 09:31 PM
I don't think you'll get 10 people to agree on a place . This thread is proof of that. Just name a place a date and thats it . Trying to accomodate everyones calender will never happen. A drive in would kool , I'm not talking the kinda place you go to see movies. A drive in would be like a fly in for those airplane lovers. Its late in the year to get something done now but perhaps the spring of 05 would be a nice way to pass the winter blues.

an01sts
11-01-04, 03:03 AM
Yeah rollman, I know. I was just trying to psyche people up, and the spring of 05 is probally the best. I guess that I'll pice a date start badgering early.

newetc
01-06-05, 06:27 PM
Is there a date for this yet? or a place.. i'm in central jersey and would be interested in meeting some folks from the forums..

Katshot
01-06-05, 08:42 PM
Keep an eye out. I started a thread here about a week or so ago about this. And it's going to be here in the Philly area. Probably around April. As we get a little closer, I'll be posting info on it.

Kevin Donovan
'95 Cadillac FTS
(Click the link to see my car)
http://members.cardomain.com/katshot

newetc
01-07-05, 11:12 AM
Cool.. can't wait for spring time again.. but the weather is supposed to warm up for us up here in NJ.. this week..

Katshot
01-07-05, 01:53 PM
Yeah, it is. I'll be out car shopping for my daughter tomorrow. Where in NJ are you?

danbuc
01-07-05, 10:21 PM
It's supposed to e in the mid 60's here in West Chester, PA. Nice car show weather, if it wasn't January.:D

newetc
01-08-05, 01:18 PM
Edison :coolgleam

Katshot
01-08-05, 06:33 PM
Edison :coolgleam

That's not bad. There's a couple of us down in the Trenton area.

RBraczyk
01-09-05, 12:04 PM
I'll keep you guys posted on the next time I'm coming to Philly.

newetc
01-09-05, 09:44 PM
Cool.. i know that some folks from woodbridge, mahway, etc are posting up.. perhaps we can all meetup sometime.. i'm always game for a gtg, even just to get some coffee at a double d's :lildevil:

Kference
01-12-05, 12:13 PM
Im Interested as well.. Northern Virginia here.. Alexandria to be exact. Keep me posted.. 99 Deville here

scorpio
01-17-05, 05:19 PM
This is a cross post

Just a coupla few suggestions.

Call up GM and let them know you are planning this event, tell them how many members this site has and how many people you project will attend. Many times the PR department of any large corporation will help to promote the event.

Ask the PR folks at GM for freebies. Cadillac goodies like; car accessories, apparel, balloons, etc, ask for everything and anything they will give you then ask for more. These can be used as prize giveaways. maybe even see if you can get GM to offer a big ticket item to give away as the bait. The reality of planning any event is, people want to have a reason to go, and sometimes meeting nice folks isn't enough.

Plan the event on a long summer nights eve, longer days and the warmer weather will be more amenable to the folks that dislike cold or chilly weather.

Do not plan the event when there are other things going on that could cause competition for attendees.

Have food. peope will be there a while (hopefully) and will get hungry. Work out a deal with local mobile caterers like you see at the county fair and such. Sell the space to recap cost of producing the event. sell it cheap though and make sure the vendors have reasonable pricing. it will not bode well to those who attend if they are subject to price gouging and the bad sentiment will spill over to you. Another suggestion, rent hotdog carts and sell the dogs yourself to generate revenue for the site or to pay for producing the event. Everyone loves a good hot dog and they are inexpensive.

Location, location, location. easily traveled to and plenty of parking is essential. if there is not enough parking, people may get frustrated and leave.

Security..... yep, ya wanna have some security making sure noone is collecting hub caps in the parking lot. Rent-a-cops are not cheap, like 125 an hour but hey, we pay that much in the dealer repair shop, right?. keeping things in perspective it's not that much money. An alternitave is to get a bunch of huge guys, pay them 10 bux an hour for a cake job, but definatly get at least one armed and QUALIFIED security professional to be incharge of the bouncers.

Make the event an all day thing or a long day event. This way people can attend regardless of their work schedule. noone works all day and if they do they are workaholics and aint comming anyway.

Recruit people with Caddies of interest, vintage, limo, ambulences, modified etc. Make the event so grand that people will curse that they can not attend. Get the recruits with cars of interest LOCKED IN, many times if not most of the time people will say " suuuuure, we'll be there" and not show up. let them know that they are an important part of the event.

Advertise the event as much as possible. When advertising ( probably through e-mail) include a link where people can pre-register and automaticaly be eligable to win gifts if they attend ( courtisy of GM of course ). Ask Cadillac dealers and GM dealers if you can leave promotional material at their dealerships. put up posters at convenience stores. If you need help with graphic design lemme know. I do this for a living and will be happy to donate time to make your posters.

8 to 10 weeks, thats how much time it takes to sucessfuly promote an event. If you shoot out an e-mail 2 weeks prior, do not be surprised if attendance is low. people have already made their plans for that night.

Don't just advertise once, keep at it. check up on posters, yeah people will steal em, write on them put other stuff over them. It's a dog eat dog world in advertising. dont be a side dish. Send out e-mails every two weeks, the interval is not too often to be spam or pesky and short enough to keep the event on their minds. also include an OPT OUT so they can discontinue receiving the messages. its just good business to include that.

If an event is to be big, it has to be planned big. Even a small get together requires quite a bit of work, the bigger the event, the bigger the pain in da a$$ it will be. It's alot of hard work, orginizational skills and follow up on everything is essential.

While planning the event, keep in mind that this is not necessiarily a one shot deal, you may be obligated or at the very least strongly urged to produce the event again the folowing year.

A large scale event has many costs associated with its production. Think of ways to recap that cost, perhaps by allowing vendors to set up tables. vendors can include regional dealerships, car detailers, alarm installers etc. Sell the tables for 100 to 300 each depending on location related to proximity of things like cool cars. Also selling products offered by this website will not only generate revenue, it will create dedicated consumer/members.

Just a few suggestions, hope they are usefull.

Scorpio

cadillacchris
02-10-05, 08:16 PM
Count me in for OC

Danbuc you go to WCU?
I live right outside of West Chester and work in the area at a caddy dealership,if you need service let me know I always look to hook up my forum buddies.

danbuc
02-10-05, 09:51 PM
I go to UTI, over in exton. I live in Goshen Meadows, right off of Rt3, near the do it yourself car wash. I've been to that dealer many times, and I have o say its one of the nicest I've ever seen. I had my water pump and front struts replaced there a few months ago.

It's nice to see another member really close by. If you see a black STS, with really loud exhaust roaring down the road, that's me. :D

cadillacchris
02-11-05, 11:36 AM
are you refering to my Dealership? Man I love this place it makes going to work easy. what year is your STS? what work have you done performace wise?

what's UTI? ok 20 questions is over. .

danbuc
02-11-05, 01:25 PM
Hmmm...I guess I forgot to mention which dealer I was talking about. Didn't realize there was more than one. I was reffering to General Sales Cadillac/Saab of West Chester.

UTI (Universal Technical Institute) is a big automotive school down over in Exton.

My STS is a 1998. So far, Ive put the Corsa on, and I have the EBS slotted rotors with teir green stuff pads. For the longest time, I've been wanting to have a highstall torque converter installed, and get the PCM reflashed for the Z-rated option (once I have new Z-rated tires of course). Also, although not performance item, I removed and plugged the hole for that stupid resonator on the intake tube. That thing was pissing me off for a long time.

cadillacchris
02-11-05, 02:01 PM
I work at Hill Cadillac in Newtown Square if you take a right out of your apt and head RT.3 east towards Philadelphia in 12 mins you will be at my dealership and then you will see the new design standard for Cadillac dealerships, we have the only one in the area.1st on the east coast. I know some of the member who sit on the Board of advisors for ATC,and UTI we have like 7ATC grads working here, and one UTI works next door at our old dealership, thats why I was wondering what school you went to.

danbuc
02-11-05, 10:12 PM
I'll have to drive over there tomorrow and check it out, just to see where it is. I might have to order some parts in a week or so, so you'll probably see me over there.

1caddy96
02-16-05, 12:19 PM
hey i live in central massachusetts and i am willing to travel anywhere in New England for a Caddy show. If anyone knows of one in the area that would be great. It doesn't seem like much happens on this site as to setting up a date, time, place. So i would hope there is already a show out there, it would be hard for me to not see a show around here, all summer there are shows everywhere but then i never here of Cadillac shows.
thanks anyways

DaveSmed
02-17-05, 01:19 AM
Englishtown opens the 26th...... Hmm.....

BTW, Hill Cadillac, ATC, and UTI? Boy i'm hearing those names a lot.... Anyone know about the ADA Competition thats coming up the 25th? I'm a finalist, sponsored by McCafferty Ford.

danbuc
02-17-05, 02:00 AM
Refresh my memory of what that is again. I spoke briefly with a teacher who was at my school for a seminar in ATutomobile Electronics or something, and he mentioned he was involved with something like that.

DaveSmed
02-17-05, 02:15 AM
The ADA is the Auto Dealers Association of Greater Philadelphia. (the same people who put on the Philly Auto Show, thus my more free tickets than I knew what to do with) Anyway, My team got a 05 Mustang right off the truck to play with for about half a week. The ADA took it back (damn) and there going to bug it with something that should be caught on a pre-delivery inspection. Stuff like burnt out lightbulbs and loose trim. Anyway, from what I understand we have to fix the car's problem by going to a "parts counter" and giving a repair order with all the stuff we need. All the stuff is in a brown bag so the other teams can't see what were getting. Aside from the car, theres other stations, like alignment, electronics, engine repair, and whatnot. All of this is timed too. From what I understand, this is a well funded event. Just for qualifying, ATC awarded me a minimum $6k scholarship! Just for taking the test, everyone got two VIP tickets to the auto show, among other freebies (ice scrapers and stuff like that). I'm told if my team wins, it's pretty much a free ride to most secondary technical schools.

Speaking of, How do you like UTI? I have a friend thats going to be going there soon if everything works out.

gygmy
02-17-05, 12:57 PM
From reading all the posts concerning getting a meet together it seems that there is alot of discusion but nothing really comes together. That is why I proposed in another post that there be an informal gettogether at Lime Rock this July 4 weekend. Team Cadillac will be there along with the factory marketing dudes showing off the new cars. If you show up and there is not a ton of us Caddy nuts there you still have a cool race to attend and place to party. In other words you've got nothing to lose, it's a good drive and once you get there there's alot of interesting things to do. I'm going to be camping in the infield. Just look for an old Rockwood RV with a 97 STS parked next to it. I'm hoping we could get enough of us to "risk" the drive out so we could party, enjoy the race and maybe get something going on a more formal car club type of deal. Nothing fancy to begin with maybe just formalizing a once a year meet at different locations to start. If that gets going it might build into something more. Who knows? You have to start somewhere though. As an example I found out from Lime Rock that if you have a group of 25 or more you can get a 25% discount on race tickets and for $50 they will reserve you a car corral. That sounds pretty good to me to be together with people who have the same interest in cars, at a great race track, with alsorts of other diversions to spark your interest. I'll be there god willing. Stop by and say hey and we'll see what comes of it.

cadillacchris
02-17-05, 08:59 PM
I'm up for it. . .

:thumbsup:

danbuc
02-18-05, 04:20 AM
DaveSmed, That competition sounds like alot of fun. As for UTI, I love it here. The Exton campus is the newest one to be built. We actually had an open house today, and the Superman Monster truck was here. We had our '04 GTO, and a '71 Chevelle setup on our two chassis dynos. One of our "Power and Performance" teachers trailered in his '41 Willy's Hot Rod (Blown 540ci, complete with drag bars and parachute). He had that running, along with our T Bucket (Blown 396, bored .60 over, running on Nitro Methanol, and open headers). As you might have guessed, it was extremely loud.

All the teachers here are very knowledgeable, and always willing to answer questions. I actually just took my lab final today for Automotive Powertrain, and Manual Transmissions. Up next is Automatic Transmissions.

Another nice feature of this school, is that every third Saturday, from 8:00am-1:00pm, you are allowed to bring your car into the shop, and work on it with complete access to all the schools SnapOn tools. I can't wait for April, as the school is renting out Maple Grove for two Sundays in a row for the whole school. It's gonna be crazy. I'll finally get to race all those other people always talkin' s**t about my caddy. HAHA...vengeance shall be mine! :sneaky:

gygmy, count me in. I'll be there. I'm tired of doing the same old crap on the 4th of July. I need a break, and a race at LimeRock is the perfect idea.

gygmy
02-18-05, 10:58 AM
Sounds cool. These races also go on rain or shine which makes planning easier. Not that I'm looking forward to rain or anything but there can be some really wild driving when it's wet. The paddock area at the track is really nice in that you can talk with the mechanics and tech.s and watch the work up close.

SCCCDeane
02-19-05, 02:04 AM
Hey guys and gals if there are any here just like to say that a meet sound great even though We are up here in Maine but still would like to go

gygmy
02-19-05, 03:49 PM
Hey, you folks up in Maine are used to living in the woods and roughing it. Buy a weekend ticket and lets talk Caddy's, whatever, and party.:coolgleam

an01sts
02-20-05, 11:01 PM
Danbuk, are you going to that meet on March 12th in Edison? Other than showing up in a Cadillac or Lincoln, the only requirement is that you're a resistered club member. I noticed that you're a registered club member, so you're already qualified to go to the meet. If you're going, get on over there and let them know. We are working on getting a carrivan to the meet and are trying to coordinate meeting times and places.

danbuc
02-20-05, 11:53 PM
I almost forgot about that. Shoudl I tell them that were trying to get something together than? I'd refer them to this thread here, but Sal would probably get pissed off. Bad blood between the two sites apparently. I'll see what they have to say about a big meet, if I make it over there.

Bri'sCaddy&Kota'
02-21-05, 12:01 AM
I am from the pittsburgh area and think it would be great idea.
Is there anyone in the pittsburgh area that goes to shows on sat. or sundays??

danbuc
02-21-05, 12:20 AM
I'm in West Chester. They got car show in Pittsburg on Sturday's and Sunday's?

gygmy
02-27-05, 10:28 PM
Man, I am waiting for some warm weather. The beat-up old garage I've got is filled with crud that must go, except for the Catalina. It seems like it would be easier to give away all the junk thats built-up over the years than to try to sell it. But then you think about all the kinda crap people buy and it makes you wonder. How many of you work on your cars on a dirt/mud driveway? Pain in the butt. Always want more room, more cover. Spring please come! Keep those hot summer dates clear for getting together at the races. Hot summer days are the best for cruising. Crank up the tunes. Want it now.