: ipods in escalades

ridetoyoudie
05-01-08, 03:29 PM
I just bought my 05 escalade and was wondering how you guys connect your ipods to your escalades. I really wanted to connect it through an auxillary port but my escalade doesnt come with one so i was wondering how everyone else does it? I dont want static or anything and the aux port was looking like the best way.

SUX2BU
05-01-08, 06:27 PM
I had the Necleus (X2i i think) but it sucked. Returned it and got the iconnect. Works 100 times better. Only down side is that you have to hold down the preset button (like your setting a station) to activate it after everytime you turn the truck off. Kinda wish it would just pick up where you left off without doing anything everytime you started it. Oh well no biggie.

Daryl in KY
05-02-08, 09:03 AM
I also had a Neucleus that connected between the XM receiver and the radio(non-nav). I had a lot of the problems that others have had with the Neucleus. I replaced it with a "LockPick" that I bought through JP Customs. It also connects at the XM radio and I have been very satisfied so far. The LockPick doesn't interact with the vehicle electronics like the Neucleus did. I am able to use the radio controls to switch songs and the song info is displayed, but maneuvering through your playlists can be a challenge. I would suggest that you have a minimum number of playlists to choose from and not let iTunes set up your playlists. We also have loaded and listened to audio books through the radio. You have to use the #6 station button on the XM1 band to activate the iPod each time the power has been turned off, it it remembers where it left off and resumes playing.

Be careful where you buy your device. Use someone like Clutchfield or JP Customs who will stand behind the products they sell and help you with any issues that come up.

DLE
05-02-08, 02:45 PM
I had the Necleus (X2i i think) but it sucked. Returned it and got the iconnect. Works 100 times better. Only down side is that you have to hold down the preset button (like your setting a station) to activate it after everytime you turn the truck off. Kinda wish it would just pick up where you left off without doing anything everytime you started it. Oh well no biggie.

I bought the Neclues X2i a few months ago from their website, and that ipod adapter SUCKED!! Do NOT get it! It caused my warning, suspension indicators lights to come on, and my speedometer went crazy! I returned it and got a refund minus the shipping cost I lost, but its better than nothing. I still have NOT yet bought another ipod adapter to try out yet..

ridetoyoudie
05-02-08, 05:05 PM
thanksss any go0d newsss haha?

jwxspoon
05-03-08, 01:30 PM
I put this one in that I got from ebay. Put it on my 04 Escalade with factory XM , factory NAV and aftermarket backup camera all working through the factory radio. The ipod adapter works perfectly - I am very pleased with it. I get song text through the radio and can use the steering wheel buttons, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2006-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-iPOD-INPUT-AUX-w-TEXT-LV5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262 QQcategoryZ38636QQihZ005QQitemZ150229467603QQtcZph oto

jw

DLE
05-05-08, 03:23 PM
I put this one in that I got from ebay. Put it on my 04 Escalade with factory XM , factory NAV and aftermarket backup camera all working through the factory radio. The ipod adapter works perfectly - I am very pleased with it. I get song text through the radio and can use the steering wheel buttons, etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2006-CADILLAC-ESCALADE-iPOD-INPUT-AUX-w-TEXT-LV5_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262 QQcategoryZ38636QQihZ005QQitemZ150229467603QQtcZph oto

jw

Did any warning lights in the dash come on?

ridetoyoudie
05-05-08, 04:42 PM
thx bro the connections looking sickk Im def looking into buying that. Can you play videos and movies from your i-pod through that onto your nav screen or what?

jwxspoon
05-08-08, 09:43 AM
I only use my ipod for music, so I can't speak to the video issue. Since the song info shows up on a variation of the XM screen I doubt that it will play videos. That said, the unit came with a headphone jack adapter as well, so I can either use the ipod plug to charge and use my ipod or I can plug another brand of mp3 player in using the headphone jack adapter. No on screen song info with the headphone jack adapter though.

I got no warning signals on my dash with this. To be honest, I was worried that this would not interface well with all of hte other electronics I have on my vehicle (backup cam, XM, Nav, Viper remote start, etc.). But no problems of any kind.

jw

Harrance4
06-15-08, 08:48 PM
i have one in my escalade, i dont remember the brand, im looking into a new one that works well, is there any that you can use through ur screen as if using your ipod, so u can select to play by band or playlist, the one i have now, you have to create certain playlists on the ipod, and you can freely choose from 5, but other than that u have to unplug to choose any other ones or specific bands, also mine now freezes up my ipod anytime i plug it in. any advice would be great

WaynesNside
07-31-08, 11:20 PM

jw

I think I'm going to look into this one. I would like to have access to artists and albums....the Lockpick I got only will access playlists and that just not the ticket.

Lu Scola
08-01-08, 12:19 AM
There are real good intergrated Escalade Ipod connectors on ebay. The actual best way is using a hard wired FM modulator, the kind that plugs into the back of your factory radio. Theres a piece called the I-plug that plugs the Ipod to the FM Modulator. I do alot of custom installs and this is the best method. Ive used almost every kind and this way is 100% #1. Dont buy the one that pics up from a FM signal and has a little digital screen that sets the station to ur headunit. The best part is the way I do it costs the least.

WaynesNside
08-01-08, 04:09 PM
I know there are a lot of types, but one I really want lets your browse artist, album, genre etc....a lot of them only let you play the playlists.

inksane
11-30-09, 02:16 AM
bringing back a old thread, i want to install a ipod in my 05 Escalade with xm and nav, what is the best kit out there, i tried the ebay link above but its too old and i cant bring it up to see what adapter you all like using.

nathanjax
11-30-09, 06:40 AM
I have the PAC #uPAC-GMC2 Ipod Interface and it works flawlessly in my 04 with my factory touchscreen nav. When you switch to XM, it allows you to choose up to 4 inputs... 1 is XM, 2 is rca inputs, 3 is a headphone jack, and 4 is a iPod connector.

T-Giv
11-30-09, 10:46 AM
I second that I'm running the PAC system as well and it let's you use steering wheel controls as well as access your music via Artist, Genre, Playlist, etc. Scrolling through your artists is time consuming though. You can set the adapter to randomly scroll through all of your songs (shuffle) and that's usually what I do. Anything else takes far too long. I wish they could integrate it like the new Kenwood units. If you are familiar with new touches or iPhones when you scroll through your artists the alphabet is listed along the left side and you can simply touch a letter to jump to your artists that begin with that letter. That would make life so much easier for me considering I have 5,400 songs on my pod.

inksane
11-30-09, 12:33 PM
where did you buy it from, and how much do they cost?

T-Giv
11-30-09, 12:52 PM
I bought mine through one of the eBay auctions. I want to say it was around $200. I've had it for two years and haven't had any problems.

nathanjax
11-30-09, 04:05 PM
I bought mine on eBay for $175. They wanted $225 or so at a local store here and that was their cost. The store said they normally sell it for $275 or so...

Je357
10-02-12, 06:00 PM
so which unit do u guys recommend for the stock non navi radio...i need one of these gizmos....im tired of the tape deck wire hanging into my iPod......:mad2:

the cadillac man
10-02-12, 06:08 PM
so which unit do u guys recommend for the stock non navi radio...i need one of these gizmos....im tired of the tape deck wire hanging into my iPod......:mad2:

I have a peripheral paxamg unit and I have got both iPod/iPhone connection plus Bluetooth.

wesyder
10-02-12, 06:24 PM
I have a peripheral paxamg unit and I have got both iPod/iPhone connection plus Bluetooth.

Same here no problems

Je357
10-03-12, 07:39 PM
Thanks im def gonna look that up now. Thank ya

Black88GTA
10-04-12, 02:35 AM
I'm in the same boat. I have a 2003 with an OEM touchscreen Nav unit out of an '05 installed. I wanted to upgrade it with integrated iPod control, and also a simple aux input for an external Sirius deck. I emailed Crutchfield explaining my situation and to inquire what they had available that would do what I wanted and they quoted me ~$300 worth of crap, including a new Sirius tuner that would require me to either switch my subscription or add it (at additional cost per month, of course). :suspect: No thanks. So I looked into it myself. I ended up grabbing one of these (http://www.amazon.com/Isimple-Isgm575-iPhone-Auxiliary-Interface/dp/B00455RAD6) from eBay, which fits the bill perfectly. I think I lucked out there, as the one I got is brand new in box and cost less than $29 with free shipping - I think the seller was blowing them out or something. The kit arrived and it's complete and in brand new condition.

I also picked up one of these (http://www.ebay.com/itm/160889163357) to hardwire my Sirius deck. My truck came with XM installed. I located the OEM XM module, unplugged the existing factory antenna from that and removed the plastic plug so that I had two bare connectors (I guess one is for XM, the other is for OnStar) and tried them in my Sirius unit and one of them gave me a signal! :) So I'm using the factory installed XM antenna with my Sirius deck, although I needed to get an SMB extension cable for it to reach my Sirius tuner. There's no good place to mount the Sirius tuner though, so I also picked up some sheet aluminum and will be making a custom bracket for it. I've decided to locate it just to the right of the climate controls, and will mount it using the screw on the right side of the climate control panel and also a second screw right above that.

Still waiting on my sheet aluminum and SMB extension cable to arrive. Everything else showed up last week. Once it's all here, I'll hopefully have it installed before it gets cold out.

itchie
01-11-13, 08:09 AM
Do you have a hard wired FM modulator recommendation? Is there one that works with the stock 2002 head unit?

the cadillac man
01-11-13, 11:22 AM
Do you have a hard wired FM modulator recommendation? Is there one that works with the stock 2002 head unit?

Give me some time to do some research as I have access to a 02

I ain't sure if you can use one or not if not I do have a couple aftermarket radios that have iPod connectivity (along with a few other features) should I not be able to find a solution

the cadillac man
01-11-13, 09:56 PM
Here you go

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_142IPFMRDS/Scosche-IPFMRDS.html?tp=20

Now I do have a couple aftermarket radios for sale that will work and control a iPhone/iPod one also has Bluetooth which I am asking a good price for if you want to go that route let me know

ESCALADE200224
01-17-13, 02:22 AM

PAC audio also makes allot of iPod/iPhone plugin methods and etc. here's options for a 2002 escalade:

http://pac-audio.com/productSearch.aspx?Make=Cadillac&MakeId=37&Model=Escalade&ModelId=1400&Year=2002&YearId=13

chacho44
02-04-13, 12:09 AM
I installed an 05 navigation radio in my truck but don't have the navigation antenna so I'm not using it. Now ? Is will it work with radio even though I'm not using the nav. I have an iPod but alote of music is on my phone (GS3).

the cadillac man
02-04-13, 12:28 AM
I installed an 05 navigation radio in my truck but don't have the navigation antenna so I'm not using it. Now ? Is will it work with radio even though I'm not using the nav. I have an iPod but alote of music is on my phone (GS3).

Yes the media gateway will work with or without the GPS antenna(mine is)