: Installing preditor- which fuses to pull?

scott T
05-01-08, 11:10 AM
Just received my diablosport preditor and the instructions are a little unclear as to which fuses need to be pulled before installation. Customer service wasn't very helpful either. For those of you with 07 Escalades, which fuses are you removing?

The obvious ones are radio, amp, onstar and keyless entry. Are there any others I need to be concerned with? The preditor owner's manual says to pull the above mentioned fuses along with one called "info" which I could not find.

Your responses are greatly appreciated.

TSS
05-01-08, 11:56 AM
You should be fine with what you listed.

I originally used to pull 4 fuses, now I pull three. They cover Onstar, radio, and climate control. If Onstar, radio, and climate is off with the fuses you listed, you will be fine. Honestly, ONSTAR is the most important IMO. The rest, I think, are just to enable the programmer to use more of the cars battery without those other features draining it while programming.

Shut everything off (accessories) in the car, pull the fuses, push parking break (so DRL are off), and install it!!!! Then, HAVE FUN!

scroitoru
05-01-08, 12:35 PM
are the fuses easy to get to? I am looking at the documentation, and I cannot find the placement of the radio, on-star.
i suppose by radio you mean "audio system"?!

hcvone
05-01-08, 12:42 PM
I pulled no fuses in either truck and I have put in and removed the program many, many times, had to pull the fuse on my 03', but not my 07's. :)

scroitoru
05-01-08, 12:54 PM
i see others replies and ppl that at least removed the on-star fuse though...!@?

Dif
05-01-08, 02:15 PM
i see others replies and ppl that at least removed the on-star fuse though...!@?
I have also done the same as Hcvone mentioned... no fuse pulling.

I was confused also when first getting the Predator.
I couldn't find the fuses they specified even when I tried.

Called Diablo and they said 07 and up there's no real need to pull fuses.
The only thing that happens is if Onstar does an update or monthly email diagnostics while you were loading Predator program.....
It will interrupt the program loading.
If, that did happen, just start over again no problem.

Other interruptions would be anything causing a voltage drop.
Dome light going on by opening door etc. before loading was finished.

TSS
05-01-08, 02:19 PM
All fuses are easy to get to - under the hood in a black plastic box next to the driver's fender. To figure out what fuses they are talking about, look in the back of your owner's manual for a diagram.

I remove Onstar fuse b/c I am paranoid that they can monitor me changing the PCM. As long as I am doing that, I remove the radio/climate too. But, you know what, I am going to stop doing so. Pulling fuses and resetting the clock/date (no NAV) takes more time than the actual programming!

scroitoru
05-02-08, 12:15 PM
it does work without any fuses unplugged. i will probably remove the OnStar next time, just in case.
and it does shift smoother.
i only upped the idle to 600, and removed the speed limit. other than that, i applied to performance tune unchanged.
just filled up and will see if I go more than 400 miles this time. if so, then I can also say the mpg improved.

gotta to see it to believe it...;-)

scroitoru
05-04-08, 01:39 AM
since we are all freaked out about the OnStar, what do you guys do when they run the monthly diagnostics?
can that pick up any mods done with the predator?!

Dif
05-04-08, 03:30 AM
since we are all freaked out about the OnStar, what do you guys do when they run the monthly diagnostics?
I don't do anything.
I get monthly Onstar diagnostic reports no problem.
Predator program is always in and only removed before dealer service.

I doubt Onstar has anything to do with finding mods or changes.
Read my other post. Many things besides Onstar can cause the program not to load fully.
The reason for pulling the Onstar fuse .. if you pull any fuses at all.... is there's no way to know when it might activate. :hmm:
And that's a thousand to one shot it activates right when you happen to be loading the program.

One other thing I forgot to mention:
The instructions that came with my Predator did not even apply to the 07 model.
It was instructions for 02-06 models. Don't think they bothered to have New ones printed.

I've Never pulled any fuses and loaded and unloaded the Predator program countless times.
No problems. :thumbsup:

TSS
05-04-08, 08:31 AM

That is one of the reasons I tell them I do not want them to do monthly diagnostics. They ask permission when it is first hooked up, I always say no thank you, I do not want monthly diagnostics or vehicle monitering.

hcvone
05-05-08, 08:21 AM
I get it for both trucks every month, there is no problem at all. :)

scroitoru
05-06-08, 10:32 AM
how would you know that They did not see the mods ?

TSS
05-06-08, 10:50 AM
how would you know that They did not see the mods ?

Or, how about with all the new warrantee investigations by GM that are being discussed on this forum, if you have given them "permission", what would stop them (GM) from doing a random check " just to make sure everything is working right with your PCM"...........

There is no valid reason for anyone to agree to let ONSTAR monitor their vehicle. If you get a dummy light or code, you can simply push ONSTAR and ask them to read it. Absent that, why would you let them monitor your vehicle at any day or time? One step further. You go in for a problem, and they say, well Mr. Smith, it seems that according to our ONSTAR records you drove your truck 96 MPH on April 24th. That is abuse, and likely caused your power window failure. So, we cannot cover under warrantee.

I am admittedly paranoid about being monitored for no valid reason. :cookoo:

scroitoru
05-06-08, 11:17 AM
i agree. and I really did not see what else can their monthly diagnostic offer in addition to the already built in sensors the Escalade comes with.
I could understand this on a low end, but as I read the manual, and the OnStar diagnostics, we already have pretty much all OnStar tells us:
Tire Pressure Monitoring? Duh...Check
OnStar Minutes?! Who needs it?
Engine and/or Transmission System? Check
Emissions System? Check
Antilock Braking System? Check
OnStar System? Duh...Check
Oile Life? Duh...Check
Miles? Double DUH....Check

scroitoru
05-06-08, 11:25 AM
just filled up and will see if I go more than 400 miles this time. if so, then I can also say the mpg improved.

yep. 425 mi on 25 gal..makes that 17 mpg. And i had to test the speed limiter, so I got this baby up to 125 couple of times. So I can say i drove kind of agressive this time around.
But even so, my MPG just increased from 16. so it DOES work. Yay. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Salo
05-09-08, 06:03 PM
I also didn't pull fuses, and had no problems installing it.

chenry
05-10-08, 07:36 PM
just installed it in my '08 ESV-pulled no fuses....no issues