: Poll: Would you wait if they promised a V version of the Wagon??

jasaero
04-30-08, 10:26 PM
You can see the guessed look of the wagon in this illustration (http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=7015&idg=2&idi=1).

Would you wait for a 2011 V-Series version of this?

I for sure would!! Wish that they would just confirm V-series of all CTS models already!!

The Tony Show
04-30-08, 10:38 PM
Fixed the link for you:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=7015&idg=2&idi=1

jasaero
04-30-08, 10:41 PM
My original link should work now also!

RightTurn
04-30-08, 10:42 PM
Hmmmm, a V wagon. :umno:

thebigjimsho
04-30-08, 10:46 PM
Hmmmm, a V wagon. :umno:What the poop are you talkin' about?

RightTurn
04-30-08, 10:51 PM
What the poop are you talkin' about?

You can see the guessed look of the wagon in this illustration (http://www.leftlanenews.com/wp-content/plugins/iimage-gallery.php?idpost=7015&idg=2&idi=1).

Would you wait for a 2011 V-Series version of this?

I for sure would!! Wish that they would just confirm V-series of all CTS models already!!

:confused: Good thing ur cuet, TBJS.

thebigjimsho
04-30-08, 11:04 PM
:confused: Good thing ur cuet, TBJS.I feel like pushin' your buttons tonight...

RightTurn
04-30-08, 11:10 PM
O...rly??? Push away, babe. Would you like a V wagon? Think carefully now. :D

thebigjimsho
04-30-08, 11:14 PM
O...rly??? Push away, babe. Would you like a V wagon? Think carefully now. :DWomen are tricky.:bighead:

RightTurn
04-30-08, 11:17 PM
Well, ya. :RightTurn:

StealthV
04-30-08, 11:23 PM
The majority of bimmer wagons are AWD. That along with a 3000+ lb towing capacity with a 2" receiver...I'd consider replacing the Sierra Denali.

Will a built-in electric trailer brake controller be optional?

Tremec? Check.

And perhaps even a snorty torquey diesel without urea injection. :)

jasaero
04-30-08, 11:24 PM
Guess I'm the only Wagon lover. The wife hates them also. Think that makes me want one more and a 550hp+ Cadillac wagon would be the ultimate machine!

jasaero
04-30-08, 11:29 PM
The majority of bimmer wagons are AWD. That along with a 3000 lb towing capacity with a 2" receiver...I'd consider replacing the Sierra Denali.

Will a built-in electric trailer brake controller be optional?

And put a Tremec in it. And perhaps even a snorty torquey diesel. :D

Doubt that is feasable on a 550hp sport wagon, but hopefully the standard CTS wagon has a bit more towing capability than the sedan. Really I just like the extra cargo capability of a wagon and they are rare in general in general in the US which is a plus for me. A v-series one would only probably sell in the low hundreds which would be perfect for me!

Albertan
05-01-08, 12:02 AM
Lets see, the new V in 4 door, RWD or AWD, 2 dr coupe RWD or AWD, now a wagon with either or drive. We are only missing the 2 door "Nomad" version, convertible and lets not forget the limo version for Big Jim. Looks like GM can make a different one for each one of us. Oh yeah, almost forgot auto or 6 speed in each flavor as well. V1 did okay with one version and two colors in first two years.

lunarx
05-01-08, 03:05 AM
Hell yea, I'd hit that. :yup:

A wagon body would be the perfect way to justify that portly 4300lb curb weight.

What a riot it would be on the track, too.
Needs to be a stick though.

gothicaleigh
05-01-08, 06:49 AM
Lets see, the new V in 4 door, RWD or AWD, 2 dr coupe RWD or AWD, now a wagon with either or drive. We are only missing the 2 door "Nomad" version, convertible and lets not forget the limo version for Big Jim. Looks like GM can make a different one for each one of us. Oh yeah, almost forgot auto or 6 speed in each flavor as well. V1 did okay with one version and two colors in first two years.

Forgot the 2 door panel truck version. http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothismile.gif

I think the V should be kept as a 4 door sport sedan. Maybe a coupe version when it comes out, but that's it (I'm thinking BMW ///M5 and ///M6). Too many variants and soon the V will be as watered down as Chevy's SS badging has become.

RightTurn
05-01-08, 08:53 AM
:yeah:

BowenCT
05-01-08, 08:58 AM
Someone please lock this thread.........please........now..............pret ty please......

thebigjimsho
05-01-08, 09:06 AM
Forgot the 2 door panel truck version. http://www.8thdaycreations.com/images/gothicaleigh/gothismile.gif

I think the V should be kept as a 4 door sport sedan. Maybe a coupe version when it comes out, but that's it (I'm thinking BMW ///M5 and ///M6). Too many variants and soon the V will be as watered down as Chevy's SS badging has become.I don't think the M, AMG, S, RS are watered down at all. And they all offer different variants. Stop being so American, will ya?:bouncy:

StealthV
05-01-08, 09:13 AM
What exactly does the V badge stand for? What is its brand promise? Is it on par with the ///M badge? In a twisted, big-torque (no pun intended) American way - Maybe.

Let's look at the data in the eyes of the customer - One could argue that if the marketing power and supporting product of the V-Series were truly equal, V2 would be priced right in line with the M5 at $90-100k. But it is not. Why? Market based pricing - One can only command what the car is worth. Today we know that V = ///M * 20% when comparing V2 against the E60.

It's not rocket science; it is spaceship engineering.

thebigjimsho
05-01-08, 11:17 AM
V = vagina aplenty?

jasaero
05-01-08, 11:51 AM

I think the V should be kept as a 4 door sport sedan. Maybe a coupe version when it comes out, but that's it (I'm thinking BMW ///M5 and ///M6). Too many variants and soon the V will be as watered down as Chevy's SS badging has become.

There are M5 Estate, RS6 estate, and E63 AMG estates in Europe so I think a CTW-V would be perfect to send them back to the drawing boards in Europe. Being built here it would only make sense it be the only one of the three offered here.

jasaero
05-01-08, 11:58 AM
Just noticed the latest poll numbers!! Wow! Maybe there is more market for this than GM thinks! That would be funny if a car like this could end up more popular than the sedan. That would probably make MB, BMW, and Audi kick themselves for not offering theres here all this time. It does sorta make sense they might work here. I like cars like the V, M, RS, and AMG's not only for their extra speed, but also because most people don't want them or even see the point, so they only sell in smaller numbers and are somewhat rare. Having a wagon version would make it even more rare and such as the nonperformance wagons that looks similar don't even sell well here. So maybe a wagon version of these cars actually fits the personality of us buyers the best in the end??

jasaero
05-01-08, 11:59 AM
Well crap! By the time I was posted the average got hosed and now the Sedan is winning. Need a new poll that changes the premise and asks if you would trade in your sedan if a Wagon V eventually showed up!?

gothicaleigh
05-01-08, 12:37 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love wagons. But there is next to no market for them in the US and has not been for quite some time now.
Magnum SRT8 anyone? Oh wait, hardly anyone bought the Magnum so it was discontinued.

luxilon
05-01-08, 12:49 PM
As stated in another thread I absolutely would go for the V wagon. Preferably with AWD that only kicks in when needed and a dual clutch transmission. They can have my check today if that's what they're going to deliver.

lunarx
05-01-08, 12:55 PM
Don't get me wrong, I love wagons. But there is next to no market for them in the US and has not been for quite some time now.
Magnum SRT8 anyone? Oh wait, hardly anyone bought the Magnum so it was discontinued.

SRT8 was classified as a light truck.
According to some vendors I spoke to at SEMA.
Anyways it drove like a truck (maybe a tank).

Such a pile should not even be mentioned in the same sentance as an S4, S6, 5 Series or AMG euro wagon.

A V wagon would be the cream of the wagon crop.
It may be what Cadillac needs to break the Euro market.

What a perfect stablemate for my current V. :bouncy:

Civardi
05-01-08, 04:18 PM
I would take one. I would panel the back windows and give it a hearse look. :hide: I had a 72 Cadillac hearse that was a mess and a money pit but I loved it. People really stay away from you.

the cadillac kid
05-01-08, 05:40 PM
Magnum SRT8

damnit caleigh beat me to it!

concorso
05-01-08, 09:48 PM
Magnum SRT8 anyone? Oh wait, hardly anyone bought the Magnum so it was discontinued. I think the biggest reason is that the US market has only had shitty wagons. Have you driven a RS4 Avant? or an M5 Touring or E55 Estate? These cars drive great, handle great and have all the room the average soccer mom needs. They'd be better on fuel then an SUV and not nearly as tacky! In my neck of the woods, its no longer cool to drive an SUV. But Id bet noone would notice a V wagon.

The Magnum didn't sell simply because it was crap, poor on gas, and didn't drive that well. :) It was basically a truck without the towing capacity.

RightTurn
05-02-08, 12:47 PM
Just noticed the latest poll numbers!! Wow! Maybe there is more market for this than GM thinks!

Seven votes? :rofl:

lawfive
05-02-08, 12:54 PM
No. Wagon. No.

thebigjimsho
05-02-08, 03:24 PM
Seven votes? :rofl:You are crazy. A 2:1 ratio would GUARANTEE Cadillac would make the V wagen. Honestly, I'm getting a sedan. But if I had an active family, it would be a wagon, in a heartbeat. It would also be better for track moguls as well...

RightTurn
05-03-08, 10:32 AM
Yes, I admit that I am crazy. However I don't consider this exactly a scientific poll and I don't see GM retooling the assembly line at this point. :thepan:

Yes urby, I said "retool." :D

The Tony Show
05-03-08, 10:53 AM
A 550+hp sedan is a brave and risky proposition for any car company. Making a coupe version also is even riskier, since you have to anticipate how many of your own sales you're going to cannibalize and cut back sedan production by that much. Stacking a wagon on top of it would be just ludicrous, and I don't see it happening unless the CTS-V sedan enjoys several years of record sales.

lunarx
05-03-08, 01:17 PM
I don't know about you guys, but I want to see something really new and different.

V Wagon or Coupe are what I would want to add to my garage.

JEM
05-04-08, 03:54 AM
Let's see here, the decision process:

I've got sedans, including my M5. But I like wagons better. Always have. Just more useful.

I've also got a two-year-old now, and there's a lot of things just a lot easier to do with a wagon.

We've got an '02 S6 Avant for the wagon role right now, and it's a useful skimobile, but it's not all that interesting a car to drive.

BMW doesn't seem to be much interested in bringing in the E60 M5 wagon (and I'm not much interested in an E60 M5 anyway) and likewise Audi with the RS6 Avant (and I'd certainly never commit to buying any Audi without driving it, some work great, some feel like sleds of bricks even if they've got great happy motors pulling them around.)

A V wagon would be very compelling. A sedan...well, no better than 50/50 odds, I suspect I'd probably end up in an E63 wagon. Actually, I'm keeping my eyes open for used R63s (I have no idea how many they sold in the US, has to be a tiny number) just in case.

HushH
05-04-08, 02:39 PM
As long as there is an available "rear seat facing the back window".

Stewthebassman
05-04-08, 10:29 PM
This car would solve all my problems! I love wagons, and this car would get me in CTS and would look cool too....nice wheels, Red....lots of premium....bring it on!

70eldo
05-05-08, 05:21 AM
Audi has an RS6 wagon, so why not a CTS V Wagon?

But to wait for my V coupe is long enough!

jasaero
05-05-08, 09:31 AM
Seven votes? :rofl:

Seven votes was ahead when I started writing that post. Anything above 20%, even on an unscientific poll shows more interest in such a wagon than most marketers and sales people would probably estimate. And with gas prices on the rise, I think wagons in general could make a comeback here again in the not to distant future.

RightTurn
05-05-08, 08:35 PM
:confused: And why would rising gas prices affect a "wagon comeback?" Especially a 500+ HP wagon. :lol:

lunarx
05-05-08, 08:50 PM
:confused: And why would rising gas prices affect a "wagon comeback?" Especially a 500+ HP wagon. :lol:
The reasoning is that SUV drivers will downsize and still retain the utility they are accustomed to.
Silly logic yes, but definetly possible.

Naturally, the wagon would sell more in CTS form than V form.
Nevertheless, a V wagon would definetly be a must have for lots of people, myself included.
Mostly because a V wagon looks so cool, compared to other wagons.

Looks have always been the V's strong point.
Certianly not so, for recent M5, M3 & RS4.

Stewthebassman
05-05-08, 09:32 PM
The reasoning is that SUV drivers will downsize and still retain the utility they are accustomed to.

Naturally, the wagon would sell more in CTS form than V form.
Nevertheless, a V wagon would definetly be a must have for lots of people, myself included.
Mostly because a V wagon looks so cool, compared to other wagons.

Looks have always been the V's strong point.
Certianly not so, for recent M5, M3 & RS4.

:word:

RightTurn
05-05-08, 09:55 PM

Maybe, but what about the SRX...why reinvent the wheel? And downsizers will likely be looking for alternative fuels, better mileage, etc....not 500+ HP.

jasaero
05-05-08, 10:57 PM
Maybe, but what about the SRX...why reinvent the wheel? And downsizers will likely be looking for alternative fuels, better mileage, etc....not 500+ HP.

The SRX is just a tall wagon anyhow. A CTS wagon should offer everything it does, but get better mileage as being close to the ground help suspension weight and aero. Also a real wagon is probably structurally lighter than something like the SRX also. Really I am more talking about something like a Malibu, Camry, Accord, or something being offered with a wagon version again. That could do really well if fuel prices continue to rise. Even a CTS wagon could do well if they don't hose the utility TOO much trying to make it look appealing. But a V wagon is just for being eccentric.

RightTurn
05-05-08, 11:00 PM
:highfive:

thebigjimsho
05-05-08, 11:15 PM
But a V wagon is just for being eccentric.Why do you single out the wagon, then? As a definition, the V is eccentric. If someone can own a V yet needs that extra space, why not? RT...:gg:

RightTurn
05-05-08, 11:27 PM
whut?

jasaero
05-06-08, 12:13 PM
Why do you single out the wagon, then? As a definition, the V is eccentric. If someone can own a V yet needs that extra space, why not? RT...:gg:

OK. The V wagon is to be MORE eccentric than other V owner and also have the added benefit of extra cargo space!

Stewthebassman
05-06-08, 12:28 PM
OK. The V wagon is to be MORE eccentric than other V owner and also have the added benefit of extra cargo space!

I think that hits the nail on the head!! lol!!

gothicaleigh
05-06-08, 12:38 PM

I would argue that more people drive SUVs for the above-it-all driving position and perceived safety of being higher than other vehicles than the cargo space as evidenced by the fact that the majority of them are carrying around a driver and nothing more. A wagon, while more practical in just about every way, is not going to be able to replicate that feeling.

Of course, SUV drivers will always argue that they drive them for the "needed" cargo space, but my own day to day observational data says otherwise. :p

lunarx
05-06-08, 01:05 PM
I would argue that more people drive SUVs for the above-it-all driving position and perceived safety of being higher than other vehicles than the cargo space as evidenced by the fact that the majority of them are carrying around a driver and nothing more. A wagon, while more practical in just about every way, is not going to be able to replicate that feeling.

Of course, SUV drivers will always argue that they drive them for the "needed" cargo space, but my own day to day observational data says otherwise. :p

Interesting. :confused:
I hope safety is not one of their reasons.

SUV's are actually very unsafe.
Piss Poor Braking
Crap Handling
Tendency to Roll Over
(did you see the Top Gear demonstration of that?)

Personally I always thought SUV's caught on because cars got more expensive, so people just felt they were getting more for their money with a larger SUV than a premium car.
Also, there are tons of smoking deals on SUV's.
Then again, people in rural areas probably really do need an SUV over a car.

luxilon
05-06-08, 01:17 PM
I've always been wanting to buy a car with a lot of horsepower & torque. It started out years ago with thoughts of an M3. Recently I've been trying to convince myself to buy a used 911 or a Z06 after I got hooked by attending a track day/school that included 911's (996 GT3's). Unfortunately my wife and I are afflicted with some common sense / conscience and buying a sports car with a kid is simply not practical. On top of that we're frugal so buying a sports car as a 3rd car next to other two we already have also won't happen.

I'll be able to sleep with a clear conscience when I trade in my Touareg v8 for a V wagon. It'll definitely get better mileage, it will be just as practical (I'm guessing same amount of interior space). It'll allow me to have fun at those track days I've always wanted to attend and if it comes with AWD it'll even let me put all that torque to the pavement and give me some feeling of safety when we go skiing in Tahoe during the winter.

Sign me up! If folks within GM are serious about this and want to talk to their potential customers let me know. I am extremely serious about this.

gothicaleigh
05-06-08, 01:21 PM
Interesting. :confused:
I hope safety is not one of their reasons.
SUV's are actually very unsafe.

I said 'perceived' safety. Speak with an SUV owner sometime. The majority of them are not the car mag and auto report reading types so Bigger = Better.

Then again, people in rural areas probably really do need an SUV over a car.

Why?

I live in a very rural area and split the daily commute between my 3 series and the shop's HHR.

HiTechRV
05-06-08, 08:44 PM
Yawn at the SUV debate in a V forum.

RightTurn
05-06-08, 09:36 PM
Oh goody. A purist!! :highfive:

HiTechRV
05-08-08, 09:01 PM
Has there been a wagon concept shown publically?

concorso
05-08-08, 09:38 PM
Not a V, but a gen2 CTS wagon has been shown a couple times. The most recent to my knowledge was in the deals gap (tail of the dragon) thread.

StealthV
05-08-08, 10:45 PM
A V wagon would be the perfect Cowboy CadillacTM. :cowboy: :v:

Not a V but gets the thoughts flowing eh?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/12319_BWFMLBABZDWMX.jpg

http://static.blogo.it/autoblog/bmw_m5_touring_uff_00.jpg

StealthV
05-08-08, 11:00 PM
http://image.motortrend.com/f/features/auto_news/2007/9471178/112_0703_02z1+cadillac_cts_wagon+illustration.jpg

70eldo
05-09-08, 03:14 AM
Looks like they changed the D-pillars from the concept

JEM
05-09-08, 08:47 PM
[QUOTE=StealthV;1509452]
Not a V but gets the thoughts flowing eh?

http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/gallery/12319_BWFMLBABZDWMX.jpg

Does anyone know what Bob Lutz' security detail looks like? I think he needs to be kidnapped and held captive until GM kicks out a V wagon. My wife's a professionally-trained chef, so I'll ensure he doesn't suffer too badly. That's one seriously gorgeous piece of hardware.

Actually, what I'd like to see them do to prime the pump for CTS wagons in the US would be a one-time limited-number run (500 units worldwide?) of CTS-Vmax with the full-boat 638HP ZR1 motor (okay, they can flat-rate it to 625 for the Cadillac) available ONLY as a wagon at maybe $12K over the 'base' CTS-V. I'll put down a $20K deposit right now.

Then they can start working on putting the 4.5L Duramax diesel in the CTS...

lunarx
05-10-08, 01:25 AM
That looks crazy hot. :bouncy:

I can't really warm up to the 08 CTS Sedan, but that Wagon version is extremely cool. :cool:

HiTechRV
05-11-08, 09:58 PM
Has there been a wagon concept shown publically?

Thought so. I'd like to see it with the LT1 style V hood.

wildman9
11-26-10, 02:17 PM
I would wait for an all wheel drive V

wfo
11-26-10, 04:47 PM
Well I guess this an old post...the V wagon is here.

thebigjimsho
11-27-10, 02:09 PM
ta da?

elphil
11-28-10, 12:10 PM
I like the coupe and I like the wagon, why not both in a two door wagon? How hard can that be for Cadillac. Bentley has one. http://www.zcars.com.au/bentley-continental-flying-star/

GMX322V S/C
11-28-10, 12:40 PM
I like the way you think--shades of the Chevy Nomad!

70eldo
12-03-10, 02:20 AM
I like the coupe and I like the wagon, why not both in a two door wagon? How hard can that be for Cadillac. Bentley has one. http://www.zcars.com.au/bentley-continental-flying-star/

And Mercedes Benz has a concept

http://blog.mercedes-benz-passion.com/shooting.jpg

And Opel used to have the Kadett and Rekord in 2 (3) door wagon from generation A to E:

http://static.pagenstecher.de/uploads/e/e4/e4a/e4ab/Opel_Kadett_Caravan.jpg

http://www.oldtimer24.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Opel_Kadett_B_Caravan.jpg

http://www.opelfreunde-obertuerken.com/geschichte/bilder/prospekte/kadett-c/bilder/opel-kadett-c-05.jpg

http://i.auto-bild.de/ir_img/74344003_51e83f5ff6.jpg

http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/79/Opel_kadett_d_2_h_sst.jpg

http://i.auto-bild.de/ir_img/57892535_15464e5f5a.jpg

http://www.meinestadt.de/images/image.php?origin=tproxy&imgUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ebayimg.com%2F22%2F!!tOzChQC G0~%24(KGrHqMOKj0EzlMlwGjYBM7sJWNEtQ~~_24.JPG