: Roof rack end cap removal

gunns
04-30-08, 10:09 PM
Cars just aren't made like they use ta was! So - I don't want to just grab hold of the end caps and try pulling them off. My luck they just break. I understand from another post that they're just held on with a clip. But the instructions are a little vague.

How hard do you have to pull and in what direction and from which end? Please see my drawing I've marked the ends "A" & "B". Can you just use your hands or do you need to use a tool, screwdriver etc.?

Any and all help is appreciated!

CAD-E!
05-01-08, 03:11 AM
i just pulled and kinda wiggled it upwards when i pulled mines out, i didnt want to use a flat head screwdriver cause i was afraid i might scratch something.

gunns
05-02-08, 08:04 PM
Thanks CAD-E. I guess I was just a little paranoid!

CAD-E!
05-02-08, 08:23 PM
no problems Gunns, did you get them out?

gunns
05-02-08, 09:14 PM
Hi CAD-E,

I haven't tried yet. I'll probably give it a try this weekend when I have plenty of time. You know about Murphy's Law. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong. Ha! Ha! just kidding---------------------------I think.

DaveH28
05-03-08, 12:25 PM
Even better than a screwdriver is a plastic "trim tool" because you dont have to worry about scratching up the paint on the end caps..

I have removed them both ways.. sometimes they're stubborn and don't want to come off, but usually a well placed trim tool or screwdriver will be able to pry it off.. I usually pry it off from where the bottom of the curved part meets the roof (towards the very back of the truck, or the very front if you are removing the frt cap)