: Anyone interested in writing?

Lord Cadillac
04-29-08, 04:05 PM
I throw this out there every so often. Maybe one day we'll find a member who actually enjoys writing about cars.. Anyway - I'm always looking for input, comments, suggestions, replies to articles or even actual articles...

Cadillac Magazine (http://cadillacenthusiastmagazine.com/cadillac-magazine/)

gdwriter
04-29-08, 04:28 PM
I've been an advertising copywriter for 20 years now; unfortunately for me, I've never gotten to write about cars professionally. But it's definitely something I'd be interested in.

Does this mean I can write a road test on a CTS-V? Pretty please?

CadillacGurl
04-29-08, 04:30 PM
If you need a photographer I'm your person! Haha I can kinda write... I can help you out Sal :)

nickc50310
04-29-08, 04:32 PM
I would probably be interested also. I was an editor in high school and wrote the most popular stories. :thumbsup:

Lord Cadillac
04-29-08, 04:59 PM
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Articles regarding test drives would be great! Photography would be good as well.. It goes hand in hand with articles.. As long as the articles can fit into a category, it's what I'm looking for. Of course, about Cadillac..

Red_October_7000
04-29-08, 06:19 PM
I have an English degree and I've done the odd photo job here and there though mostly "industrial" versus commercial photo. I love to write (as anyone who's read some of my posts knows) and I love cars. Where do I sign up?

DopeStar 156
04-30-08, 01:28 AM
I write......

Lyrics, poems, opinionated rants, but writing none-the-less......

CadillacGurl
04-30-08, 12:24 PM
Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Articles regarding test drives would be great! Photography would be good as well.. It goes hand in hand with articles.. As long as the articles can fit into a category, it's what I'm looking for. Of course, about Cadillac..

Maybe have a "Meet a Forum Member Section" Picture of the person with their Caddy(s) and tell and little story about them + their car?? :bouncy:

Lord Cadillac
04-30-08, 01:05 PM
Right now, the categories are all set. If you haven't seen the site, click here (http://www.cadillacenthusiastmagazine.com/). A good start would be the EDITORIALS section. Anyone want to take a stab at that?

AMGoff
04-30-08, 04:00 PM
Sal... sorry it's been a while... PM sent.

Jesda
04-30-08, 04:34 PM
I nominate Adam Goff and Ian Nelson.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-30-08, 04:39 PM
And Rick....oh wait, are we writing articles or novels?

I might be so tempted though....you know how much I love writing those test drive reviews.

Lord Cadillac
06-15-08, 08:00 PM
Maybe have a "Meet a Forum Member Section" Picture of the person with their Caddy(s) and tell and little story about them + their car?? :bouncy:
That's not a bad idea.. Maybe we could have that in our editorials section... In any event, I'd love to see people writing articles.. Where should we begin? We have lots of opinionated people around here. Some of them can write.. Who's going to be the first?

Playdrv4me
06-15-08, 09:26 PM
I love writing too! Problem is I don't really have any Cadillac stuff to write about, just reviews of the cars I have/have had, most of my reviews are in the backpages of this very Lounge. And of course my (not always popular) opinions :p

Lord Cadillac
06-16-08, 12:20 PM
I love writing too! Problem is I don't really have any Cadillac stuff to write about, just reviews of the cars I have/have had, most of my reviews are in the backpages of this very Lounge. And of course my (not always popular) opinions :p
Maybe you could compare some of your past vehicles to the Cadillacs they competed with...

Lord Cadillac
06-16-08, 03:16 PM
We have about 60 RSS feed subscribers so far.. That's not bad for a brand new site with very little discussion going on. I mean, as it stands - there's only been like one or two replies to any of the articles.. There's very little activity - but a nice amount of subscribers - which tells me that people are very interested in an online Cadillac publication..

The site gets a LOT of traffic. Just search "cadillac magazine" in any popular search engine and the site is pretty much always #1...

Playdrv4me
06-16-08, 03:21 PM
Maybe you could compare some of your past vehicles to the Cadillacs they competed with...

How could something like this be utilized in the site?

Im driving a 300 Touring right now (BMW service rental) and I'm about ready to divulge my opinions of it.

Lord Cadillac
06-17-08, 11:42 AM
Well.. If you were able to give an accurate comparison to another new Cadillac - that would be good.. I'm sure that could be worked out as an editorial..