: Tough Board

caddiedrummer
04-29-08, 02:01 PM
Wow. I ask a question and Tony is kind enough to give me a helpful answer. One member gives playful response--I respond in kind, then the admistrator gets huffy and closes the thread. I am on the XLR, Viper and Vette boards among others and have to say I have not seen this sort of reaction. Take a breath. Tony, thanks.

Cadillac Tony
04-29-08, 02:27 PM
You're welcome. Don't take it personally- due to the lack of any real information about the new CTS-V there have been some threads here that get out of hand, as well as some questions being asked multiple times in multiple threads, which clutters up the board and makes finding new information difficult. Heck, I posted the colors and option packages a while back and apparently no one even noticed among all the garbage posts, because a week later someone else posted it and everyone acted surprised.

Welcome to the forums.

RightTurn
04-29-08, 02:27 PM
urbanski is teh evil. :yup:

:urbpan:

ylwjacket
04-29-08, 03:04 PM
As you could probably imagine, this exact topic has been a big topic of discussion, which is probably why you got that response.

For future insight, here's the other topics of discussion, in order of frequency, over the past few months. The following are not my opinions, but are the most frequently expressed by some of the more verbal board members:
- my <either MB or BMW> will beat the hell out of the CTS-V
- the CTS-V will not be a good deal as compared to the <insert BMW or MB>
- the price is too high (even though no pricing has come out yet)
- when will it be available (no one knows for sure)
- my <insert japanese car> is better
- and last, my favorite, i'll take my Mustang <insert mods? over a CTS-V anyday, because it's cheaper and cooler

With that summary, you are up to speed since January.

Welcome aboard.

PS - what is your opinion of a used XLR-V? I had thought about picking one up for the wife.

urbanski
04-29-08, 03:48 PM
huffy

that hurt my feelings

urbanski
04-29-08, 03:51 PM
urbanski is teh evil. :yup:

:urbpan:

shall i ban myself since the newb says i suck?

Lord Cadillac
04-29-08, 03:54 PM
Hey. We could be complaining about him using names much worse than "huffy".

urbanski
04-29-08, 03:58 PM
i have been called worse
i call you worse all the time :hide:

JimmyH
04-29-08, 04:09 PM
I love you urby. But you are huffy. And fluffy.

Lord Cadillac
04-29-08, 04:18 PM
i have been called worse
i call you worse all the time :hide:
BANNED

urbanski
04-29-08, 04:19 PM
I love you urby. But you are huffy. And fluffy.

maybe inside but i am thin and sinewy outside

JimmyH
04-29-08, 04:23 PM
oooooh, sinewy

that's the way I like it

thebigjimsho
04-29-08, 05:26 PM
Wow. I ask a question and Tony is kind enough to give me a helpful answer. One member gives playful response--I respond in kind, then the admistrator gets huffy and closes the thread. I am on the XLR, Viper and Vette boards among others and have to say I have not seen this sort of reaction. Take a breath. Tony, thanks.Hey Sal and urb, can I start a thread that says "Whiney n00b"?

urbanski
04-29-08, 05:58 PM
this guy already did :rimshot:

Lord Cadillac
04-29-08, 06:01 PM
Hey Sal and urb, can I start a thread that says "Whiney n00b"?
This discussion has served it's purpose.

Welcome aboard, CaddieDrummer. Thank you for signing up...