: 07 front shock absorbers

medlines
04-29-08, 06:34 AM
Last week I went to change the oil on my 07' and the guy when he went below the truck to drain the oil and grease the front , he told me that the front shocks show some slight signs of draining on them.
So are the shocks already in need for changing, I have only 9000 miles on these babies, but with 24" wheels on.
So any ideas ? what are the part numbers ? any other shock absorbers in the market better than the OEM ones.

Thanks.

hcvone
04-29-08, 08:16 AM
Not really much choice of shocks on these, it's very possible that the larger wheels and tires caused your shock problems, stick your stock wheels on and get it fixed under warranty. ;)

medlines
04-29-08, 03:41 PM
I wish I could Carl, but Cadillac has no international warranty on US bought cars , so it's gonna come out of the pocket.
So any ideas about the part number and is there any other part that needs to be changed once you get the old shocks off to install the new ones ?

cadillacroadside
04-29-08, 04:00 PM
the front shocks on an 07 escalade require a spring compressor to remove the coil spring when switching out the shock. it is not abnormal to see seapage around the top seal of the shock, if u see fluid running down or dripping is when u have a problem

medlines
04-30-08, 02:05 PM
no there is no dripping , just a residue on the top and accumulation of dust over it . and anyhow I will buy them myself from NY and will take the truck to the local Cadillac dealer over here and they will do the job. Because first of all they do not carry them in stock and must order it from the US, it will take like three weeks to get . And second it will cost like three times the cost from the US. I will be in NY next week and will buy them then.

Salo
04-30-08, 09:46 PM
If I were you I would get a second opinion, go to a different garage. Just my thought.