: How Long Did You Search for Your Lade?

TjsHero
04-28-08, 11:18 PM
This is my first post, but I've been reading threads soaking it all in. You folks give good advice, so here goes:

I've been searching for about a month, trying to find a 02-03 Lade. I ran into a couple 99's with low miles, but .... I know what I want. I want an 02/03. The only problem is the ones I find are high miles, which I don't think is a smart way to go (100,000+)

I can see going 70K, but 100K?

I hate delayed gratification. So anyway, how long did you search before finding the right vehicle? Is you advice to wait or accept the facts: Lades are popular vehicles, the used car market is thin and I just gotta suck it up and be patient.

Thanks in advance!

hcvone
04-29-08, 07:58 AM
Welcome to the Forum. :) I personally would not buy a 4 wheel or all wheel drive car or truck with over 50k miles on it unless you know the owner and how the truck was maintained, and I would still get the extended warranty, these things are expensive to repair. Just keep looking there are a ton of used ones around. :)

TjsHero
05-04-08, 02:05 AM
I found my LADE!!!

It's a 2000 with fresh legs baby! I love it! The miles are steep, 130K, but the deal was so great I couldnt pass it up. I have a warranty, and meanwhile I'll get everything checked by a mechanic. Folks, this baby rides so smooth. It's like butter. I've owned a Tahoe and a Expedition, but this Cadillac is a whole other world. It's Pewter. It's got the liftgate doors. Chrome Rims. Fully loaded. I brought her home and man she's sitting pretty right now.

Originally I had my heart set on a 03, but this 00 suits me for now. I like cash deals. No financing. No lein. Just mean.

I plan to trade up to the 2nd generation in a year or so, but right now, tonight I'm just feeling the LADE love!

Money well spent. Mission accomplished.

Now are there anythings I should look for have checked right away? Any suggestions? I'm on the new car high, but I know there's stuff I should be serious about. Ridding high.....loving it!

ZX_man
05-04-08, 03:24 AM
Welcome to the club! First order of business.....pics.

Walter

TjsHero
05-05-08, 11:48 AM

Walter

HA....I heard that.

I'm having problems posting pictures...every url link domain is replace with cadillac owners. What's the deal?

TjsHero
05-05-08, 11:51 AM

Walter

HAAaaa

I'm trying to post pics but this site is on some real lockdown. The site automatically changes my link addresses. I can't even link to a picture without twwubble.

:cookoo:

TjsHero
05-05-08, 12:57 PM
Got it.

TjsHero
05-05-08, 01:01 PM
...of course to me she looks better in person.

ZX_man
05-05-08, 02:43 PM
Looking super clean for a 2K even with the miles. Looks as though it was well taken care of by the previous owner. Now its time to open the wallet again for mods. It never fails, hard to keep everything stock. Been shopping for rims and tires yet? ;)

Walter

TjsHero
05-05-08, 03:34 PM
Thanks partner!

I haven't started shopping for tires/rims yet. I'm thinking start inside the truck first. I need floormats, a security system and a nav unit. I'm worried about the floormats matching exactly with my interior. Any suggestions?

ZX_man
05-05-08, 08:45 PM
No problem! I always start with the site sponsors. USspeed has some really nice mats, I'm planning on getting some when I replace the interior carpet in the next few months. I would start there first.

Walter

TjsHero
05-06-08, 01:55 PM
No problem! I always start with the site sponsors. USspeed has some really nice mats, I'm planning on getting some when I replace the interior carpet in the next few months. I would start there first.

Walter

Yessirrrr! USSpeed caught my eye as well. The beige ones would do the job.

Escolade
05-08-08, 01:07 AM
I searched for mine for well over a year. I probably looked at 20 different Escalades. The one I got was worth the wait.

joee5
05-10-08, 09:35 AM
Initially I was looking at a Suburban but when me Lade came up I couldnt resist,(name, quality and price), so I purchased her. Mileage was steep, (124K and change), however after replacing the cat, oxygen sensor and one of the rods in the front suspension all is fine. I've owned me Lade for 5 months now and am totally satisfied and completely confident in her. For Easter break she took my gfamily and I to Canada from NJ. God Bless, Joe