: Exhaust Tips PLZ

jwall09
04-27-08, 10:36 PM
Looking to get a beefier sound on 05 V. I think i like the B&B sound the best, not to loud at idle but a very tough sound when you get on it. I dont want something that sounds like a truck (flowmasters do imo).

What kind of muffler system you recommend that might fit that description, and not have to much noise at highway cruising speeds, and also does not hurt the MPG or performance?

Do you have to get a tune with a new muffler on the V? does it throw up check engine lights? my 03 Silverado SS did with flows.

Thanks for your input.

Jason

CTSV_510
04-27-08, 10:43 PM
no tune needed.
no check engine lights with just a catback or muffler change.

search youtube for a sound that you like (plenty of videos) or search the two thousand other exhaust threads for recommendations.

JonCR96Z
04-27-08, 10:49 PM
Looking to get a beefier sound on 05 V. I think i like the B&B sound the best, not to loud at idle but a very tough sound when you get on it. I dont want something that sounds like a truck (flowmasters do imo).

What kind of muffler system you recommend that might fit that description, and not have to much noise at highway cruising speeds, and also does not hurt the MPG or performance?

Do you have to get a tune with a new muffler on the V? does it throw up check engine lights? my 03 Silverado SS did with flows.

Thanks for your input.

Jason

Flowmasters sound like trucks when they are on trucks. And just so you know mufflers and catbacks don't set CELs. You must have had other problems.

Jon