: Need Some Assistance.....

DopeStar 156
04-27-08, 06:01 PM
I dunno if this is posted in the right spot but my dad's 98 Buick Regal won't recognize the key. It's as if you stuck a key from another car in the ignition, it won't turn at all. Is this a tumbler or Passkey issue? Thanks.

dkozloski
04-27-08, 08:00 PM
It sounds like a tumbler or worn out problem. Jiggle the key a lot or call a locksmith.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-27-08, 10:02 PM
Tumbler issue. Possible ignition cylinder. If it was a passlock problem, the ignition would turn, but the car wouldn't start, and the security light would be on.

By the way, Is it an LS or GS ( :cool2: )?

DopeStar 156
04-27-08, 10:32 PM
It's an LS. I have heard from my parents that sometimes while driving that Security light has come on but did nothing. I noticed the key went in a little rough so I filled the ignition with WD-40. I could try jijjling the key around though. My Malibu used to have a similar problem where they key would get stuck halfway between ACC and LOCK and the key would actually come out with the ACC setting on. Eventually it would just snap back into place. After that happened you could remove the key while the car was running. I used it as a ghetto remote start in the winter.....