: No More Dash Rattle From Subs!!

BigReesh
04-27-08, 02:23 AM
I have an 08 escalade with a 13.5 W7 powered by a JL Audio 1000/1. On the escalades the very front of the dash rattles when the bass hits. The rattle moves up and down and touchesthe winshield which is what makes the rattle. With this it limits what songs you can listen to because some sound perfect and some rattle. I stuffed the front of the dash with a strip cut from a black towel(cant be seen at all) and now the dash doesnt move which means i have no rattle and can listen to whatever!!!

LFTW8S
04-27-08, 10:32 AM
I have an 08 escalade with a 13.5 W7 powered by a JL Audio 1000/1. On the escalades the very front of the dash rattles when the bass hits. The rattle moves up and down and touchesthe winshield which is what makes the rattle. With this it limits what songs you can listen to because some sound perfect and some rattle. I stuffed the front of the dash with a strip cut from a black towel(cant be seen at all) and now the dash doesnt move which means i have no rattle and can listen to whatever!!!

The dash in my 07 Lade rattles with the factory radio. Approx. where did you stuff the towel?

Off topic...is your sub tied in to your factory NAV unit? Are the other speakers still factory? Where is the sub located? Any pics? Thanks

ext08
06-13-08, 06:36 PM
yea some pics would be awesome! im thinking bout putting my w7 in my escalade truck and using a custom fiberglass enclosure and was wondeirng what your setups is?

Slade104
06-14-08, 10:21 PM
def post some pics the rattling in my EXT comes from that spot