: Date gone wrong

eyekandyboats.inc
04-26-08, 10:51 PM
well. i get in the car and head out, its about a 20 mins drive to her place. First time and we were going for dinner and the movies and then back home.
The drive there was fine. It was a great drive.
As i pull up her very steep driveway, i am anxious to see her again. As i walk her around the car she gets in, i get in start it up and then she comments on the nice car I have. I push the brake,then drop it in neutral ( don't need reverse the drive is very steep) and as soon as it goes into N my brakes drop to the floor. I mean if they were any more to the floor they would be in china.
As we roll back I hit the E brake and slowly decelerate. Almost into the large ditch with alot of water in it.. both of us sat there stunned! once I figure it out.. actually get it settled, I pull back up her driveway and park it with the E brake.
There is fluid everywhere!!!! all out of the driver side wheel. So after she pointed out that it was on her driveway i backed it cautiously down to the road as to not ruin her driveway. so we walk in the house. i am debating weather to call CAA ( like AAA) so we flip on the TV and just kinda chilling.
We know each other but not as well as I would like. and because it was kinda fluke i felt very awkward.
Well a hour later, i was going to attempt to make a drive home using the E brake and the gears to down shift.
I did... slow drive home. The drive took about 80 mins to get home.
As well, I was driving down a hill in 2nd and i saw the temp go up to 225 ish. which was concerning, i guess because of the huge load on the motor while going down hill.
When I got in to the house, She had left a message telling me to call her back when I get home to be sure it was a safe ride, so of course I did.
After that I got changed into my painting clothes to have a look at said problem..
I pull off the wheel ( driver side front)with a T bar ( damn those lugs were tight), Any way, so, there is a clip that holds this black flex hose( goes from the line to the caliper) from chafing on anything on the suspension. it was Not on it. rather on the out side and rubbing on where the tire would be if it was installed.
Now.... previous to this O had new hand bent lines on the car as well as new calipers and pads and rotors. all done by a lisenced mechanic........ I guess he forgot a simple clip/bracket for the flex line... OH boy what a way to ruin a freaking night!!!!!

c5 rv
04-26-08, 11:00 PM
If she would have had a lift and air tools in her garage and if she was able to fix the problem, she'd definitely have been a keeper.

However, you'll have to keep evaluating her other attributes. BTW, you should have called CAA rather than risk driving home with no brakes.

eyekandyboats.inc
04-26-08, 11:05 PM
If she would have had a lift and air tools in her garage and if she was able to fix the problem, she'd definitely have been a keeper.

However, you'll have to keep evaluating her other attributes. BTW, you should have called CAA rather than risk driving home with no brakes.
well i do know she took a shop class in the school. LOL

i was going to call Caa. But i was semi confident. I knew down shifting would get me down to 20 in a instant and from there my E brake would do the rest.
it was a simple drive. literly just ONE road i only made 4 turns the whole drive. one out of my driveway. onto the street and then into her street and on her driveway.

I guess i was a little stupid for that... maybe a lot..... But i did not go over 40

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-27-08, 09:59 PM
Damn, that sucks. Hate to blow a first date by your otherwise impressive car taking a dump on you.

Florian
04-27-08, 11:23 PM
didja hit it?

F

Spyder
04-28-08, 01:56 AM
The car or the broad?

AlBundy
04-28-08, 02:51 AM
Yes, I agree. The shifting and E braking will get you home if your in control and careful. Glade to see everything turned out OK.

aamusls06
04-28-08, 03:01 AM
i feel your pain. i had a date go wrong friday with my caddy. i was embarrassed. i had to borrow my buddy's car to redeem myself.

Night Wolf
04-28-08, 03:29 AM
I feel confident in downshifting and e-brake.... heck thats how we first got my '89 Olds back to the house :)

But, had that been my Town Car... it wouldn't have been as good turnout, as the parking brake dosen't work.... at all... haven't looked into it yet... so only way to stop it at that point would be to put it in drive and do a smokey burnout :)

Glad it worked out tho, no biggie... always try again :)

Tommy Deville
04-28-08, 04:00 AM
Eh driving with no brakes is fine,I drove my Deville all over @ high speeds with one brake line busted for 6 months, the faster I went the more vaccum I had in panic stop situations.

eyekandyboats.inc
04-28-08, 09:14 AM
LOL!!. well i'm glad i'm not the only one
I pick up the new hose today.
well i found that with the driver side hose blown if i depressed the peddle ALL the way my passenger side front would skidd..... which mean..... the two tires are not on the same line ! regardless the skidding was not enough to bring me to a full stop.

eyekandyboats.inc
04-28-08, 09:16 AM
double post

eyekandyboats.inc
04-28-08, 09:16 AM
triple post

Murphyg
04-30-08, 08:01 PM
Brake fluid on the driveway ? OH OH !!!!!!
Was the driveway asphalt ?

Brake fluid may not be as bad as gasoline is on an asphalt driveway, but it will eat it up pretty quick.
You should get that cleaned off. Or let her know to clean it off as soon as possible. Or your next date could be a lot more expensive then just dinner.

Spyder
04-30-08, 08:05 PM
Brakes? Who needs 'em?! You've got a horn that works, right?

eyekandyboats.inc
05-01-08, 08:31 PM
her drive is cement.
LOL
i got my brakes fixed and they happy to be alive again.

70eldo
05-05-08, 10:12 AM
Hey, sue that technician!

Anyway, your dating has a story now. Better than a boring date, right?
Happy you got home well, but CAA would be better.