: has anyone disabled there autoride feature

luvmylade
04-25-08, 08:52 PM
just wondering if anyone has disabled there autoride feature and put standard shocks on there vechicle.if so from what vechicle would fit.im up here in canada and ain't prepared to get bent over by gm or the aftermarket parts store up here.gm wants 660.00 and the others 583.00 dollars,that's each,:bonkers: im sorry but i will not pay that.I think gm is turning into goverment and trying to take more,they should know that the goverment hates people trying to compete with them:histeric:
If anyone has done this how do you proceed with disabling

DaveH28
04-25-08, 10:12 PM
replace the shocks with non-air shocks

pull the maxi fuse underhood labeled ELC (I think)

you may have to live with the "Service Ride Control" light, depends on your model year..

luvmylade
04-25-08, 10:25 PM
so which vechicle would be a suitable donor for the shocks,Denali,tahoe,yukon,avalanche

DaveH28
04-25-08, 10:41 PM
As far as a suitable donor, you mean from a truck without air shocks, right?

I would bet that most of the full size SUVs will use the same style shock, but the Avalanche may have a heavier duty one because of the load carrying ability... If you are running an EXT go for avalanche shocks, after all it's the same chassis setup..

If you're running a luxury (regular SUV) then look into the tahoe/yukon shocks.. And there are probably different shocks for 2WD/4WD so take that into consideration as well if your truck is an AWD..