: chicagoland guys, need some help/advice

JimmyH
04-23-08, 12:22 PM
I want to put some Magnaflow cans on the V, but I need a performance/muffler shop to install them. I don't have a lift to weld them myself.

I am not too comfortable with Midas/Meineke etc working on the car. Anyone know a good place around the NW Suburbs that is reasonably priced?

I posted this here, because I figure I will get the largest cross-section of Cadillac owners looking at it here. If it needs to be moved, so be it ;)

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-24-08, 12:25 AM
I would say D&M Corvette, but they are probably a little more than you want to spend. The one in Downers Grove on Ogden has a few techs that are caddy lovers. Every day there is at least 2 70's era Fleetwoods/Devilles out front and there are countless other customer cars that go in and out of there. Since it is basically a vette powertrain, they would know what to do to make it sound good.

There are also a few Speed Shops on North Ave. just East of I-355 that really know their stuff.

JimmyH
04-24-08, 12:11 PM
I might try one of them, thanks :thumbsup:

CadillacGurl
04-24-08, 01:13 PM
I was gonna say Ogden Avenue has tons of car guys... I don't know if this is D&M Corvette but there is a body shop that sells older muscle cars... I saw a nice Camaro SS (I want to say 70s) but I mostly see vettes in side. I know its on Ogden past the Omega Restaurant away from all the dealerships (bentley, lambo, benz)

cvpiftw
04-24-08, 11:33 PM
Um, there is a place that specializes in this stuff up there too. Its a bimmer place but they do all type of stuff.

Let me try to remember.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
04-25-08, 01:38 AM
I was gonna say Ogden Avenue has tons of car guys... I don't know if this is D&M Corvette but there is a body shop that sells older muscle cars... I saw a nice Camaro SS (I want to say 70s) but I mostly see vettes in side. I know its on Ogden past the Omega Restaurant away from all the dealerships (bentley, lambo, benz)

That would be D&M Vette. They do everything from body work to restoration to regular maintenence for just about any performance/classic car you can imagine. Here (http://www.dmcorvette.com/corvette_hot_rod_muscle_car_service.html) is the link to the Service section in their site. In the background of one of the pics you can see a 70's era Deville and the picture they show for exhaust is a CTS. Believe it or not, they actually have a semi truck tucked away in there too that they use to take cars to shows.