: aftermarket stereo now alarm goes off

wesnik
04-22-08, 10:02 PM
I have a 1999 deville. After installing aftermarket stereo the memory on the stereo would go out after 10 15 minutes. I have walmart plug. I then ran the hot wire directly to my battery. Now once or twice a day my keyless entry wont unlock the door and when I use the key the alarm will go off or when I start it the alarm will go off. its a factory alarm.

still_walkin
06-28-08, 06:41 AM
do you have a fuse on your memory wire 5amp. also it could be your wiring double check. sounds like your radio is still on if you wired it directly to the battery and when your battery is low the alarm goes off make sure your antenna/remote wire is connected because that turns off your amps also check your radios igtion wire as well good luck

K_cin_az
08-21-08, 03:38 PM
did you ever find out what the problem was on this one? This happened to me for the first time yesterday. Odd because I have had an aftermarket installed for 3 months and just happened for the first time. I just had to run the same constant wire also because memory was going out in my head unit so when I did that I had my friend solder all the wire to ensure good connections. Hopefully with the constant wire hooked up it doesn't start happening more regurarly now. I had to play around quite a bit (start, restart, etc) before it somehow disabled.

Mattillac
08-24-08, 10:01 PM
Not too sure but could the alarm be sensing a current draw from the radio and triggereing the alarm? :confused:

K_cin_az
08-29-08, 07:32 PM
i'm, not sure but happened a second time today. It is weird I had the unit installed for a few months with no problems and now all of sudden the factory alarm is going wacky. This really sucks because I have no door key so I cant really even drive it right now in fear of being locked out! Is there anyway to disable the factory alarm?

still_walkin
08-29-08, 07:47 PM
Try to find the fuse that should turn it off I'm not sure wht else the fuse is connected to but before you unplug your fuse roll down the window so you don't get locked out. Or yiu can unplug the theft det. By taking the ground off the chasis

K_cin_az
08-29-08, 08:16 PM
when you say memory wire are you referring to the constant wire hooked up from the power line to the radio? If so there is no fuse on there. All the other wires are hooked up via a grmc-o3 harness.

By taking the ground off the chasis... what exactly does this mean?

still_walkin
08-29-08, 08:50 PM
Yea the wire that's keeps your radio just enough power to keep your settings in I fused mine. Also the ground to chasis I was refering to is the theft d. Has a pos and neg. I was saying unplug the theft det. Negitive wire and that might solve your problem

K_cin_az
08-29-08, 09:29 PM
cool, thanks for the tips, i am hoping unplugging the theft wire will just turn the theft deterrant off and that will ease my concerns not having to worry about the theft system. Im not quite sure how to fuse the constant wire but sure I can read up on it. Now the theft wires are grounded to the chasis, so unplug/unground the neg. wire and that should kill the theft det? Anyhelp on where these wires should be located and how to determine -/+. gracias again

K_cin_az
09-19-08, 12:40 AM
wow, this keeps getting stranger. Now once in awhile the car will beep while just sitting in my car, the chime goes off a few times out of the blue. Maybe it is possessed? haha, havent had a chance to try to find the theft d. wire and unplug it though to see if that helps.

mitchjagger
10-08-08, 12:11 AM
you need to keep the stock deck wired into the car look here!
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-audio-video-security-systems/151405-stereo-alarm-question.html
The stock deck needs to be wired into both power and data, or the car will think its stolen and do weird stuff. I just did this so if you have any question just ask.

K_cin_az
10-08-08, 03:16 PM
I read that before but several people have been able to install the non-bose head units with no problems. I am beginning to think the problem is coming from the actual car battery running low on power. I charged my battery up at the local checker and everything seemed to work fine for about a two weeks until the battery started getting low charged again.

mitchjagger
10-08-08, 05:01 PM
what do you have the accessory wire hooked up to?

K_cin_az
10-08-08, 05:30 PM
honestly not sure, i didnt do the install, is that wire not part of the gmrc-03 harness? I am pretty sure every wire other than the power wire is hooked up through the grmc-03. The power wire is hooked directly to the battery as a constant which seems to be draining my battery overtime as I don't drive it much at this point so it must be sitting there draining the battery.

mitchjagger
10-09-08, 12:35 AM
I believe that harness has the accessory wire, but the stock wiring that the original stereo doesn't have an accessory wire. so essentially it isn't wired into anything, or the correct thing. I wired mine into the power window circuit on the driver side door. it was the 12-10 gauge blue wire. if you are going to do that make sure you test it with a voltmeter before hand

K_cin_az
11-17-08, 10:39 AM
Just returning to this post so others that have this problem in the future have something to try to figure it out. I am 99 percent sure I have figured out where my problem was coming from. It seems with the aftermarket head unit install with the grmc-03 for some reason if I opend my door first before taking the key out the ignition it caused a constant draw on my battery which in turn was causing other problems. It has been three weeks of driving and making sure I first take my key out of the ignition before the doors open and I havent had any problems. Just sending this out so anyone searching the board with this problem in the future tries this out to see if it eliminates their problems. Not sure if this is something wrong with the install or just a case of the aftermarket hu not working with the caddy module that keeps the power on in the car until the doors are open after the key is taken out of the ignition.