: 2001 Deville thermostat

DevilleJuztchillin
04-22-08, 06:09 PM
I recently replaced a thermostat on a friends 2001 Deville because it was overheating. He had someone else work on the car and they told him the thermostat was put in backwards. Is this possible? I put it in with the long end into the engine. Just like any other t-stat job, just the t-stat is longer than others i've done on other cars. If i would of put it in backwards, would'nt the housing not go back on all the way?

DevilleJuztchillin
04-22-08, 08:59 PM
I recently replaced a thermostat on a friends 2001 Deville because it was overheating. It was still overheating afterwards so he had someone else work on the car and they told him the thermostat was put in backwards. Is this possible? I put it in with the long end into the engine. Just like any other t-stat job, just the t-stat is longer than others i've done on other cars. If i would of put it in backwards, would'nt the housing not go back on all the way?

:bonkers:

Destroyer
04-22-08, 11:25 PM
I recently replaced a thermostat on a friends 2001 Deville because it was overheating. It was still overheating afterwards so he had someone else work on the car and they told him the thermostat was put in backwards. Is this possible? I put it in with the long end into the engine. Just like any other t-stat job, just the t-stat is longer than others i've done on other cars. If i would of put it in backwards, would'nt the housing not go back on all the way?
When you find out it was the headgaskets and not the thermostat make sure you take the poll.:hide::cool:

Destroyer
04-22-08, 11:29 PM
:bonkers::fwll::lick::leghump::wisdom::bananasplit :

DevilleJuztchillin
04-23-08, 03:53 PM
:fwll::lick::leghump::wisdom::bananasplit:
But really, can the t-stat go in backwards in this 01 NorthStar?

tateos
04-23-08, 04:39 PM
I Don't See How

tateos
04-23-08, 05:16 PM
Unless the thermostat was different

Tommy Deville
04-24-08, 09:28 AM
:fwll::lick::leghump::wisdom::bananasplit:

:wtf::fan::hammer::hitstick::shocked::jawdrop::sma ck::aj:

Submariner409
04-24-08, 04:13 PM
Let's go back to square one. What was/were the temperature/symptoms of the overheating 2001 Deville ?? (and the '02 FSM does, in fact, show the thermostat as having the "long" (spring/wax pill) end toward the engine.)