: 2010 Camaro at the Ring

LS1Mike
04-22-08, 10:09 AM
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=125513?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..2 .*
Hope it isn't a repost, looked but didn't see it.
Sounds nice, looks like it is doing pretty well. Would really like to see some lap times.

DopeStar 156
04-22-08, 10:22 AM
:drool:

C&C
04-22-08, 10:57 AM
Mike, thanks for the post. It's been a long wait for the new Camaro; wish they'd get it out on the street sooner.

LS1Mike
04-22-08, 11:05 AM
Mike, thanks for the post. It's been a long wait for the new Camaro; wish they'd get it out on the street sooner.
Me too, it seems like it is taking a long time. If it is truly about 3700 pounds with an LS3 at 400 HP should move out pretty good. 12 second 1/4 mile blasts and it looks like this one is going to stop and turn pretty good too.

Blackout
04-22-08, 11:47 AM
Why do I have visions of GM doing the exact same thing as last time when it comes to the Camaro?

LS1Mike
04-22-08, 11:51 AM
Why do I have visions of GM doing the exact same thing as last time when it comes to the Camaro?

And what is that? While it may not have been the best car on the planet, you couldn't really beat the bang for buck.

Blackout
04-22-08, 12:12 PM
And what is that? While it may not have been the best car on the planet, you couldn't really beat the bang for buck.

It seems as if GM is walking down the exact same road as the last gen F bodies. Stuff the same engine from the Corvette under the hood and with the pricing of the Camaro you could spend the couple extra grand and have yourself a Corvette. GM killed the F body cars because pricing was too close to the Corvette. I'm just hoping they don't do the same thing again. They have to have a decent sized price gap between the two

LS1Mike
04-22-08, 12:20 PM
It seems as if GM is walking down the exact same road as the last gen F bodies. Stuff the same engine from the Corvette under the hood and with the pricing of the Camaro you could spend the couple extra grand and have yourself a Corvette. GM killed the F body cars because pricing was too close to the Corvette. I'm just hoping they don't do the same thing again. They have to have a decent sized price gap between the two

Close only if you bought a like a WS6, mine was 34,000 out the door brand new. That is 10,000 grand off a vette with similar options.
My 01 Z28 was 22,900 out the door the only thing it didn't have was the 12 disc cd changer that was 6 speed leather, all power options. It ran 12.92 at 110.02 mph Bone stock.
I don't know where you were buying F-bodies but you were getting ripped off.
A nice C5 was 40,000 getting a good deal. Most used C5s are still more than a normal T/A or Camaro was new.
I have had 5 brand new F-bodies, so I have an idea what price was.

Blackout
04-22-08, 12:37 PM
Close only if you bought a like a WS6, mine was 34,000 out the door brand new. That is 10,000 grand off a vette with similar options.
My 01 Z28 was 22,900 out the door the only thing it didn't have was the 12 disc cd changer that was 6 speed leather, all power options. It ran 12.92 at 110.02 mph Bone stock.
I don't know where you were buying F-bodies but you were getting ripped off.
A nice C5 was 40,000 getting a good deal. Most used C5s are still more than a normal T/A or Camaro was new.
I have had 5 brand new F-bodies, so I have an idea what price was.
Pricing between the two (around here at least) wasn't too far off from one another. The worst was when that ugly limited edition TA with the yellow and black scheme was at the local Pontiac dealership for the better part of a year because they wanted $48k for it.

JimmyH
04-22-08, 03:35 PM

because it's not a GT-R? :noidea:

Blackout
04-22-08, 06:27 PM
because it's not a GT-R? :noidea:

Don't you have to meet up with Optimus Prime somewhere for a little hanky panky?

Destroyer
04-22-08, 06:51 PM
Back in '94 I bought a pretty loaded new Z28 w/6spd and t tops for $18k. That was half the price of a Vette!. Towards the end of the run they were getting up there in price. GM needs to keep this car competitive with the Mustang in terms of price and offer more performance (which it will). I really liked the styling of the new Camaro in the pics circulating the net but that one in the video just looked a little obtuse to me. I am a fan of every generation of Camaro including the 4rth gen and hope this one doesn't flop.

The Tony Show
04-22-08, 08:36 PM
Remember 2 years ago when everyone proclaimed the Camaro project dead due to CAFE and GM abandoning RWD? Haha....good times.

LS1Mike
04-22-08, 08:50 PM
Back in '94 I bought a pretty loaded new Z28 w/6spd and t tops for $18k. That was half the price of a Vette!. Towards the end of the run they were getting up there in price.

For the most part a Vette is over 40,000 new, you could get the 4th gen fully load TA for about 26000 and the Z28 for about 23000.
Part of the reason the F-body stopped selling was no one really knew what there capabilities were for the price.

Destroyer
04-23-08, 08:08 AM
For the most part a Vette is over 40,000 new, you could get the 4th gen fully load TA for about 26000 and the Z28 for about 23000.
Part of the reason the F-body stopped selling was no one really knew what there capabilities were for the price.Yeah I know, my '94 stickered a little over $20k and I got it down to $18k and change. Everyone that knows cars knew the capabilities of the fbody cars, even the Mustang guys bought Mustangs knowing the fbody cars were faster. What killed the last generation fbody cars IMO ironically was the part I pesonally like best about them: they were too low and the pedals were too far in plus the dash was hard too see out of for shorter people. I'm 6'2", the car fit me well and I had no complaints but I believe the Mustang outsold it for those reasons. The Mustang (94-04) is more comfortable for entry/exit, you sit more upright and have a better view out the window. For performance guys like us, we dont care but GM and Ford both heavily rely on the sale of the V6 models and those buyers were going with the Mustang as well.

MauiV
04-23-08, 10:41 AM
GM needs to keep this car competitive with the Mustang in terms of price and offer more performance (which it will).

Like the GT500KR's that are fetching $90,000+ with dealer markups?

Chevy better drop the LSA in if they want to keep up with that car. I am not a fan of Pony cars (or Fords for that matter) but the GT500 is a beast (although an overpriced one) and IMO the best looking car Ford currently makes.

LS1Mike
04-23-08, 11:26 AM
Like the GT500KR's that are fetching $90,000+ with dealer markups?

Chevy better drop the LSA in if they want to keep up with that car. I am not a fan of Pony cars (or Fords for that matter) but the GT500 is a beast (although an overpriced one) and IMO the best looking car Ford currently makes.

LSA? Lobe seperation angle? or LSX, because if you mean the LS1, LS2, LS3, LS6, LS7, LS9, LY6, L76, L92, etc etc, You might as well chuck your V in the trash too, these motors make far better power and get better mileage then the Ford Mod motors (4.6, 5.4). People who think pushrod motors are outdated don't really know how old OHC motors are. The new LSX motors have DOD and VVT and get the job done just fine.

The Tony Show
04-23-08, 11:49 AM
LSA is the powertrain code for the Supercharged 6.2L in the new CTS-V.

LS1Mike
04-23-08, 11:52 AM
got ya, miss read his post, they might want to drop in the LSA...Sorry Maui.

The plan is for that motor to be used it the SS, well right now anyway. Who know stuff changes daily with cars and rumors.

CadillacSTS42005
04-23-08, 04:42 PM
Z28 is plenty for me....

concorso
04-23-08, 06:45 PM
Looks soo big and heavy....
Could be worse I suppose...could be like the Challenger that IS big and heavy...

JimmyH
04-23-08, 10:16 PM
all the new cars are big and heavy.

they are getting it out of their systems before 2020.

LS1Mike
04-23-08, 10:44 PM

They are saying right around 3700 lbs, about the same weight as the last gen F-bods.

CadillacGurl
04-24-08, 02:20 PM
:drool: gorgeous car....

concorso
04-24-08, 09:58 PM

they are getting it out of their systems before 2020.I thought Id read that the Challenger was gonna weigh in over 4000 lbs... Its not a huge deal, but thats still a couple hundred pounds more then the Camaro.

Blackout
04-24-08, 10:00 PM
I'm hearing that the Challenger will be a little over 4100 lbs. Thats getting close to Fleetwood weight!

gothicaleigh
04-28-08, 10:54 AM
http://www.motifake.com/motivational_posters/bbc67fa3e8.jpg

:shifty

The Tony Show
04-28-08, 03:54 PM

Tire pressure monitors, side airbags, head curtain airbags, ABS, high strength steel, side impact door beams, larger brakes, wider tires, wider wheels, more speakers, and tons of other improvements in safety and comfort are what's making today's cars so porky.

JimmyH
04-29-08, 12:32 AM
Tire pressure monitors, side airbags, head curtain airbags, ABS, high strength steel, side impact door beams, larger brakes, wider tires, wider wheels, more speakers, and tons of other improvements in safety and comfort are what's making today's cars so porky.

you forgot about bigger fatter drivers :lol: