: Front wheel hop

lillylowrider
04-21-08, 06:49 PM
I have an 02 EXT that has been lowered. I notice that it has some wheel hop when I turn. It has 305/40/22's and about a 2 inch lowering kit. It went away a little when I had the transfer case serviced and then it came back. :banghead: Thanks

ZX_man
04-23-08, 02:17 AM
does the steering wheel feel loose at all? Have you checked your power steering fluid level? Any power steering pump whine when loading the wheel from side to side?

Walter

Guyz1996deville
04-23-08, 02:04 PM
Sounds like kind of a long shot but check this out. I reaplaced my front caliper this last weekend becasue I had a bit of a hot wheel no pun intended. My caliper was sticking and caused a bit of a hop on occasions as well. After you drive your truck take you hand and feel for the radient heat coming from the front wheel. Check both and see if they are the same. You might have a caliper that is sticking up on you and shen you turn is when you feel it.

lillylowrider
05-07-08, 01:50 PM
The steering is okay. I do notice it more often when I drive farther distances, so I would imagine that it is heat related whether it is brakes or drivetrain. Thanks

cadillacroadside
05-07-08, 04:25 PM
you might want to check the clutch in your tranfer case..if it went away after the case was serviced chances are the viscous cluth in the tranfer case may have an issue. this was a common problem and new fluid was recommended