: Finally, someone is taking Estrogen mimetics seriously

Lord Cadillac
04-21-08, 01:50 PM
This is in regards to the following discussion:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-forums-lounge-member-introductions/111714-testosterone.html?highlight=estrogen

OTTAWA — The Canadian government is said to be ready to declare as toxic a chemical widely used in plastics for baby bottles, beverage and food containers as well as linings in food cans.

A public announcement by Health Canada may come as early as Wednesday but could be delayed until the end of May. Canada would be the first country to make a health finding against B.P.A., which has been shown to disrupt the hormonal systems of animals. (my input - it's NOT just animals, They wouldn't be making it illegal if it was only shown to disrupt the hormonal systems of animals. No drug has ever been banned to "save the animals".) The department’s decision was first reported in The Globe and Mail, a Toronto newspaper, on Tuesday.

Also on Tuesday, a draft report from the United States Department of Health and Human Services’ National Toxicology Program endorsed a scientific panel’s finding that there was “some concern” (right - SOME concern. What they don't tell you is that a constantly GROWING community of scientists is finding "concern" - not "some concern".) about neural and behavioral changes in humans who consume B.P.A.

Read more (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/16/business/worldbusiness/16plastic.html?ex=1224043200&en=4d20b3af50fc113a&ei=5087&excamp=GGBUplastic&WT.srch=1&WT.mc_ev=click&WT.mc_id=BI-S-E-GG-NA-CT-plastic)

Lord Cadillac
04-21-08, 01:54 PM
Having a baby? Read (http://ecochildsplay.com/2008/04/17/10-ways-to-avoid-toxic-plastic-bpa-synthetic-estrogens-and-your-child/). Or don't. I don't care.

dkozloski
04-21-08, 02:14 PM
There have also been at least three recent reports issued by medical associations in England and Europe including the British Medical Association that have declared that vitamin supplements and anti-oxidants don't do a damn thing to increase your lifespan. They are very highly touted by the people that peddle the stuff but recent research shows that they don't increase your lifespan at all. In fact, the research shows that excessive intake of common vitamins will shorten your lifespan considerably. Of course this is all ignored by the mainstream media but it keeps getting out there anyhow.
I read a report published by Merck Pharmaceuticals some years ago that said if you pay any attention at all to what you eat it's very difficult to avoid eating everything you need to stay healthy. They also stated that they'd hired people and had them on special diets for as long as seven years before they exhibited signs of deficiency of certain vitamins that are widely touted and sold in supplements.

Lord Cadillac
04-21-08, 05:18 PM
I don't believe that vitamin supplements and anti-oxidants do anything to increase your lifespan. However, I do believe they help to keep you healthy while you're alive. I don't really care about how LONG I live. I just want to be healthy while I'm alive...

dkozloski
04-21-08, 05:35 PM
I don't believe that vitamin supplements and anti-oxidants do anything to increase your lifespan. However, I do believe they help to keep you healthy while you're alive. I don't really care about how LONG I live. I just want to be healthy while I'm alive...
How do you die of natural causes if you're healthy? Are you really healthy or have you just convinced yourself you must be healthy because you ingest all that stuff and contaminate your precious bodily fluids.

Lord Cadillac
04-21-08, 07:10 PM
How do you die of natural causes if you're healthy?

:hmm:

Are you really healthy or have you just convinced yourself you must be healthy because you ingest all that stuff and contaminate your precious bodily fluids.

I'm not your typical consumer who just reads the labels and believes the claims made by the companies who sell the products. I'm not even the type of customer who believes the lab tests they use to prove their products really work (they're usually not independent and even when they are, they can be paid off).

I go by real world blood tests. For example - if I see enough lipid improvements after Red Yeast Rice usage (which I have), than I feel confident that the product works. And I'm not just talking about 10 or 20 people - as situations vary.

dkozloski
04-21-08, 09:42 PM
:hmm:

I'm not your typical consumer who just reads the labels and believes the claims made by the companies who sell the products. I'm not even the type of customer who believes the lab tests they use to prove their products really work (they're usually not independent and even when they are, they can be paid off).

I go by real world blood tests. For example - if I see enough lipid improvements after Red Yeast Rice usage (which I have), than I feel confident that the product works. And I'm not just talking about 10 or 20 people - as situations vary.
The trouble comes with the latest data on statins and similar products that lower lipids and cholesterol. They are no longer allowed to claim that they will increase your lifespan. They do eveything they are claimed to do except make you live longer. It's the 800lb gorilla in the medical world.

Brizzal
04-21-08, 10:40 PM
i had to write a paper on this for college. it seems to be a BIG problem now

The Tony Show
04-21-08, 10:58 PM
10 Tips to Reduce Your Exposure to BPA (my additions in red)

1. Only use glass baby bottles and dishes for your baby (and yourself)
(Great- now he's bleeding from broken glass)

2. Give your baby natural fabric toys instead of plastic ones
(Good luck finding those in any store outside Amish country)

3. Store your food and beverages – not plastic containers
(What?)

4. IF you choose to use a microwave, don’t microwave food in a plastic container
(Twice the dishes....super)

5. Stop buying and consuming canned foods and drinks
(Haha....again- good luck)

6. Avoid using plastic wrap (and never microwave anything covered in it)
(babies are fussy eaters, and often take two or three meals to finish a particular dish. That crap is expensive, and I'm not wasting it)

7. Get rid of your plastic dishes and cups, and replace them with glass varieties
(again with the glass- have these people ever been near a baby? I'll take Estrogen over a severed artery)

8. If you opt to use plastic kitchenware, at least get rid of the older, scratched-up varieties, avoid putting them in the dishwasher, and don’t wash them with harsh detergents, as these things can cause more chemicals to leach into your food
(chemicals vs. bacteria- this one's a toss up)

9. Avoid using bottled water; filter your own using a reverse osmosis filter instead
(already do it- the one sane suggestion here)

10. Before allowing a dental sealant to be applied to your, or your children’s, teeth, ask your dentist to verify that it does not contain BPA
(We don't have dental sealants- in my house we have these crazy things called "toothbrushes", although I'm sure the followup article will inform me that toothpaste causes your penis to shrink)

I'm not feelin' this one.