: My towing experience

dciliberti
04-21-08, 09:29 AM
I towed my 4000 lb. boat from upstate NY to south jersey this weekend. I have to say the Escalade is the best tow vehicle I have had. Pulled like there was barely a boat behind it, set the cruise at 75 and got 11MPG!!!!!! Trans temp never got over 190 even with all the downshifting as I went thru the catskills and Poconos. Very pleased, but have one question. As soon as I plugged the trailer harness in my auto headlights and park assist were turned of and I couldn't turn them back on until I unpluged. Is this normal?

hcvone
04-21-08, 09:54 AM
I think they do that because it was always be going off because of the trailer when you put it in reverse, both of my 07's do the same thing. :) They do tow well.

vietnam20
04-21-08, 03:31 PM
i have a ?
what is the difference between the adapter that plugs in the SUV with the 4 connectors annd 5 connectors
I have been using the 4 but after looking at the trailer connector i found an extra wire with a silver tip
how wouold i find out if my trialer has brakes and how would i find out if it works

lots of ? but new to this

thanks

dstinson
04-24-08, 01:55 AM
you will see a black box on the tongue of the trailer if is has brakes (the one with the wires and the break away plug). I too tow a trailer with my Escalade and the 5 round is for trailers with brakes, you can get an adapter if your trailer is 4 pin or you can switch your trailer over.

teutonictrio
05-13-08, 12:16 PM
Wow, my tranny temp gets to/over 190 almost immediately once I start on inclines, but then again, I'm towing about 6500lbs

hcvone
05-14-08, 09:08 AM
Had mine over 260 degrees in the mountains in Montana. :)