: Dyno with the maggie

Scotty7751
04-20-08, 10:37 PM
well decided to strap the cadillac to the dyno to learn to tune on it in class. and it did..............ok with the stock magnacharger tune. FIRST OF MAGNACHARGER HAD THE TUNE MARKED THAT I HAVE 60'S WHEN I DONT!!!! SO IT WAS WAY LEAN YOU CAN SEE THE SQUARED ONE the AFR was really lean for a forced induction so just a warning to all people who have the stock magnacharger tune.. But when we tuned it to richin it up we found that i am having a problem with my fuel supply. when it hits 4000 i lose my fuel so anyone else had this problem? any suggestions? see the dyno. Losing fuel losing torque.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u175/dangledorf/scan0001.jpg

StealthV
04-20-08, 10:46 PM
It is highly unlikely that the stock tune is too lean. To get more fuel, check the Magnavolt for proper operation.

Scotty7751
04-21-08, 02:08 AM
have you done that? how can you do you know?stock tune the injectors were at 53% duty cycle. after changin some stuff the are runing at like 82% now. but i lost power.....

sefa01
04-21-08, 09:29 AM
If I'm reading this right, with the Maggie you got 407 RWHP? That seems way low. I did four runs on the dyno, with a best RWHP of 456 and and torque of 432. That was before I had my StealthV tune, although there was no noticeable improvement with the tune and I haven't had it dynoed since.

CIWS
04-21-08, 09:37 AM
have you done that? how can you do you know?stock tune the injectors were at 53% duty cycle. after changin some stuff the are runing at like 82% now. but i lost power.....

Rick (Stealth) has tuned a few Vs of all flavors including those with Maggies.

Flyboy
04-21-08, 12:50 PM
Rick (Stealth) has tuned a few Vs of all flavors including those with Maggies.

Just a few....LOL Listen to THAT guy ! ! !

StealthV
04-21-08, 01:25 PM
Magnavolt - Either power/ground or boost signal.

Yep, just a few - Three or four.

CIWS
04-21-08, 04:25 PM
Magnavolt - Either power/ground or boost signal.

Yep, just a few - Three or four.

In China, just a few can be several thousand :D

heavymetals
04-21-08, 06:49 PM
Is this just unique to some people that they ask for help and then want to argue? :tisk:

Hang a meter on the fuel pump and see if the voltage goes up under major boost.

Will tell you real quick if the Magnavolt/wiring/boost signal is working.

Seattle CTS-V
04-21-08, 08:45 PM
I have had 3 bad Magnavolts before figuring out that it was always a bad ground that destroyed them. One actually caught on fire when it melted the rubber casing holding the fuse! They are VERY sensitive to bad grounds. I took a bunch of 4-gauge subwoofer grounding wire and made 4 grounding loops. I then took some sand paper and sanded the paint under several screws to make sure the grounds were touching bare metal. Overkill I know but it worked like a charm and haven't had a problem since!

Luna.
04-21-08, 10:27 PM
If I'm reading this right, with the Maggie you got 407 RWHP? That seems way low. I did four runs on the dyno, with a best RWHP of 456 and and torque of 432. That was before I had my StealthV tune, although there was no noticeable improvement with the tune and I haven't had it dynoed since.

I'd be careful cross-comparing dynos. Those numbers would be astronomical on the dyno that I run on, even with a tune.

It is highly unlikely that the stock tune is too lean. To get more fuel, check the Magnavolt for proper operation.

Agree. They are almost always rich. And Rick would most certainly have a fairly large sample to form a conclusion, based on all the tuning he does.

I have had 3 bad Magnavolts before figuring out that it was always a bad ground that destroyed them. One actually caught on fire when it melted the rubber casing holding the fuse! They are VERY sensitive to bad grounds. I took a bunch of 4-gauge subwoofer grounding wire and made 4 grounding loops. I then took some sand paper and sanded the paint under several screws to make sure the grounds were touching bare metal. Overkill I know but it worked like a charm and haven't had a problem since!

Seattle would know! :thumbsup:

I fried a magnavolt with a bad ground as well.