: Wheel corrosion & rust spots from brakes

mufflerguy
04-20-08, 08:02 PM
Hi, I am new to this forum & have a couple questions to ask.
I have a 2007 Escalade with the sport package ( which I guess was discontinued). I bought it new in August 2007 & the wheels are corroded significantly in several different spots, along with the rust stains on the wheels I have alread read about.
I was wondering if GM is covering this under their corrosion warraty?
Also, has anyone had any luck with getting the correct brake pad which will eliminate all the rust specs down the side & rear of this truck?
The color is White diamond. I had the same problem with my 2004 escalade.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Matt

jimsalone
04-20-08, 10:42 PM
I am having the same problem with my 22 inch chrome wheels. I only drive the vehicle 2 days per week as I am out of town for work from sunday evenings thru thursday evenings. I only have 3,500 miles on it and it is an 07 white diamond with the 22 inch chromies. I had significant rust like buildup on all 4 wheels and i have used the mother's mini power ball and mother's chrome polish on them and they still have spots where the corrosion still is visible. Also, I did have several coats of Zaino on the rims before winter. I am not content with a set of wheels needing that much work after only several months and very few miles. Has anyone brought there escalade with the 22 inch chrome wheels back to the dealer and complained? Did they do anything? Will they just replace them with the same crappy chrome wheels that will do the same thing? What are we to do about this? I certainly am not going to have to polish these wheels like every other time i wash the vehicle. This a 70K luxury SUV......WTF cadillac?

Jim

hcvone
04-21-08, 09:00 AM
I was looking at both sets of 22's, mine look good still, but they are taken off in the winter, and my trucks see a lot of car shows so they are cleaned often. I do have some wax customers with chrome issues on their 22's, have not heard if the dealers are replacing them or not

jaycough
04-22-08, 11:32 AM
if it looks like this, maybe you can get it covered

hcvone
04-22-08, 11:36 AM
Good info, thanks