: Your First Cadillac?

Thomas Carey
04-20-08, 10:26 AM
What was your first Cadillac? Do you have a Cadillac now and if so will you buy another? I personally don't have one now but I really like the looks of the CTS. However as I am a blue collar worker at this point in my life this is just more car than I need.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

fleetwood76
04-20-08, 01:01 PM
Hello.
I have only had the one I still have, a Fleetwood Brougham 1976. I have it as a enthusiast car and drives it only in the summer (exept for one day in march when it is a car meeting and winter cruising).
I saw a big, four door Cadillac from this era (-70's) when i was about eleven years old and decided then that i would own one, one day.

I am on the lookout for a -95 or -96 Fleetwood Brougham as a almost daily driver, (I would still have to have a work car).
The -95,-96 Fleetwoods are hard to find here in Sweden and when you find one is it expensive. Import one from USA is a option to cut some costs but I haven't gathering the guts yet to buy a car unseen from a other country, maybe in the future

Jolle.

orconn
04-20-08, 01:35 PM
First Cadillac was a mint 1962 convertible. It was white with a black top and maroon and white leather upholstery. I bought it from an uncle in 1966 after my XK 150 drophead was totalled on my way back to the University of Wisconsin-Madison for the Fall semester. We, I say we because I think my friends got as much enjoyment out of the car as I did, had a lot of great rides through the Fall woods of Wisconsin and when the snow began to fall it was great for sleigh rides with the top down and the great heater system the car had keeping us warm. The car came in especially handy to escape the Sunday restaurant crowds in Madison, i.e. the dorms didn't serve dinner on Sunday throwing the dorm dwellers onto the local restaurant scene causing long waits to be seated and served. The Cadillac made it possible to escape Madison for Milwaukee on Sunday afternoons with a group of friends and try out the more sophisticated fare of the restaurants their. but all this was short lived as I graduated in February and entered the Army shortly thereafter ......... remember kiddies there was a Draft in those days!

Didn't have another Cadillac until I bought my 1976 Seville in '77. I had that car for nine years and thoroughly enjoyed it. The next Cadillac came in the form of a new 2000 Catera for my wife and then the '90s Seville STS's (bought used because I really liked the styling and performance) and the '02 Seville SLS. In between the Cads I had a variety of Jaguars and other European cars of which the Alfa Romeo 164S was the best car of all the ones I owned. The Sevilles ran second on my enjoymnet index with a Volkswagen Scirocco coming in third (but probably most fun). I never could warm to the Mercedes I owned, and the Audi 5000 Avant was a great design but a disaster as a car (absolute worst car I ever owned). The Lamborghini 350 GT was certainly the finest car ever to be mine, but a little too precious to be enjoyed fully on a regular basis.

orconn
04-20-08, 01:41 PM
Hello.
I have only had the one I still have, a Fleetwood Brougham 1976. I have it as a enthusiast car and drives it only in the summer (exept for one day in march when it is a car meeting and winter cruising).
I saw a big, four door Cadillac from this era (-70's) when i was about eleven years old and decided then that i would own one, one day.

I am on the lookout for a -95 or -96 Fleetwood Brougham as a almost daily driver, (I would still have to have a work car).
The -95,-96 Fleetwoods are hard to find here in Sweden and when you find one is it expensive. Import one from USA is a option to cut some costs but I haven't gathering the guts yet to buy a car unseen from a other country, maybe in the future

Jolle.

You should buy one in the States and have it shipped to Sweden. The cheap dollar plus relatively cheap container ocean shipping make it well worthwhile especially for something like a Fleetwood Brougham which I am sure are rare overseas. There are still many of these cars in great condition to be had at reasonable prices here in the States. Maybe a Forum member who is expert on these cars would be willing to help you find one.

Submariner409
04-20-08, 06:34 PM
A black 1954 hearse which 3 of us bought in our senior year of high school. Casket, skeleton, the works. Greatest thing in the world for a "pig pile" drive-in movie vehicle: back it up, open the tailgate and hang the speaker. We put duals and glasspacks on it. Awesome.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-20-08, 07:14 PM
A 1992 Sedan deVille, as shown in my signature picture. Yes, I'll gladly buy another sometime.

jonnyd
04-23-08, 05:25 PM
I had a 2003 cts 5 spd. I LOVED it for the looks. Performance..i HATED it! Would I buy one again absolutely!! Because then i would throw the grand national engine in there =) like i was going to do before totalling it =( Now I drive a Lexus IS300 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it

El Don Oso
04-23-08, 06:01 PM
94 Cadillac El Dorado, My Dream Car! Had it about 16 moths mow and still cant stop starring. I am a blue collar guy too. Bought this car for 3,800. making payments but I am cruisen in style. Needed some interior parts that I found on ebay and junkyards. I enjoy making it my own. The paint is not bad be sides the scratches onthe side, there when I bought it, from hitting a post. I have a friend who will paint the whole thing for $900. after that it will be cherry! I am almost there. Well worth it would do it all again.

eyekandyboats.inc
04-27-08, 06:06 PM
i have a good story.
my first caddy was a 88 fleetwood i think. got it from grandparents. then i got a 94 Eldorado. in 94. i sold it in 1997 and bought a 97 Eldorado, The sold it in 2000, then bought a 2000 eldo, and FOUND my 94 cadillac eldorado in 2000 ( winter), Yes it mins i wrote down the Vin...... crazy.
then i used that 94 as a winter car and then got the V as well and that is my current car line up
3 cars, two daily drivers and one winter car up on jack stands in the garage for the summer

Chicano-Mexicano
04-27-08, 07:04 PM
I had a beat to shit 79 Eldorado with all the trimmings.

Thomas Carey
04-28-08, 02:21 AM
i have a good story.
my first caddy was a 88 fleetwood i think. got it from grandparents. then i got a 94 Eldorado. in 94. i sold it in 1997 and bought a 97 Eldorado, The sold it in 2000, then bought a 2000 eldo, and FOUND my 94 cadillac eldorado in 2000 ( winter), Yes it mins i wrote down the Vin...... crazy.
then i used that 94 as a winter car and then got the V as well and that is my current car line up
3 cars, two daily drivers and one winter car up on jack stands in the garage for the summer

That '94 sounds like a lost pupp finding it's way back home. =)

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

cvettr/cts-v
04-28-08, 09:37 PM
first and only cadillac so far..... 06 cts-v. and so far definately would buy another. had this one 1 year next month not daily driver though so always feels new.

korizzle
05-02-08, 08:02 PM
Now I drive a Lexus IS300 and LOVE LOVE LOVE it

i had a 2002 IS300 5speed - i loved that thing. got rid of it last aug in favor of my cts-v...only problem is that it makes me laugh that i spent so much $$$ modding my IS and it never performed anywhere near what my cts-v does stock!

i really, really, really like this car...would be love if the build quality was better - but ya take the good w/ the bad.

shaynes302
06-29-08, 04:10 PM
My first caddy and only caddy is a 1999 eldorado ETC. It may be 9 years old but it always turns heads. It drives like.. Well a cadillac and runs like a raped ape. I am total in love with it. I bought my wife a 2000 Catera after I had drove my eldo for about 2 months. That car should not have a caddy sticker on it, I truly think it was a mistake for Cadillac to put that car on the production lines. The one and only thing that I will say is that it has a much better Bose stereo in it. It seems to break down every time I turn around. It is a total disappointment. So in short I guess I would but another caddy but not a Catera. I would tell anybody that was looking at the Catera to start looking at something else like a Eldorado but not a Catera. Any other Catera owners out there?

The_Judge
07-01-08, 04:05 PM
I just bought my first Caddy, a 2008 CTS, and I love it. It's the first American car I've purchased (actually leased) in many, many years.

However, my dad had two, a Navy Blue 1951 Series 61, similar to this:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/5161sdn.jpg

And later a 1957 Coupe de Ville, like this, only Baby Blue:

http://www.car-nection.com/yann/Dbas_ima/5762cpdv.JPG

RunningOnEMT
07-01-08, 04:47 PM
05 CTS-V... first one that was MINE

grandparents have alway had caddys

joee5
07-01-08, 04:48 PM
Me current Caddy. 2000 Escalade. Love it but the gas stattions love me more.LOL. God Bless, Joe

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
07-02-08, 08:55 PM
My first Caddy is my '88 Fleetwood d'Elegance (FWD). I got it for $300 with 67,500 miles on it. It needed a new transmission and tires, but it still came out to be a great deal and an excellent first car. I still have it but will be selling it soon (within the month I hope). Yes, I would buy another Caddy because I already have. My new(er) car is a '95 DeVille that I got for $4000 with 58,000 miles. It is in perfect shape and I love it. I wish I could keep the '88 as I currently drive it almost as much as the '95. It is still a fantastic car, both mechanically and to a lesser extent physically, but it has aged well and I enjoy driving it.

mde83
07-03-08, 02:26 PM
My first Caddy was a 98 Eldo that I bought in 2000 with 24k miles and sold in 2003 with 42k miles. I loved the car, but it had 2 annoying problems...there was an air leak in the drivers door (frameless windows) that the dealer never did fix completely...and the air conditioner was weak. It would run on max hi fan and never really get the car cooled down in the Florida heat. I had the car into 2 dealers on 4 trips and they never could figure it out. During those dealer excursions, since I was under warranty, they would always give me a 99 deville as a loaner. I fell in love with the body style, ride, comfort, etc...

That's why I recently purchased a 98 Deville with 37k miles. The AC works great...and it rides better than the Eldo ever did. Of course it is much slower...

Would I buy another Caddy? Not a 2000 - 2008. I have never liked the 2000+ devilles. CTS...well maybe. Mostly I would love to have a 94-96 Fleetwood or an early 90's Deville with extremely low miles.

creeker
07-03-08, 07:57 PM
My first caddy was a base 92 eldo with the 4.9,had it for 3 years,then a 80cdv in beautiful shape for 2 years,I now have a 97 seville,I wish I still had my 92 eldo. If I would have researched the northstar before I bought my seville,I wouldnt have bought it,I havent had any problems with it (yet).

RightTurn
07-06-08, 01:19 AM
2007 CTS; nearly 2 years old now. Considering trading up for an '08 Escalade. :thumbsup:

MrDeal
07-09-08, 05:43 PM
2005 DTS had it about 2 days now. So far the car seem great. It's kind of hard to get used to being so low to the ground. This is the first car I've had for over ten years.