: INHALE! Best smelling cars?

Jesda
04-20-08, 04:17 AM
Best:
03+ Range Rover -- Just freaking amazing. Smells expensive.

02+ Escalade -- Rich and intense fragrances.

90-93 Q45 -- These came from the factory with an air freshening unit installed under the driver seat. If you go to a junkyard and open up a Q with the doors still shut, it still smells brand new.

95+ Lexus LS -- It smells the way the car drives. Pleasant but not exciting, and elegant. I still think about that smell once in a while and miss it. Its the car odor equivalent of a fresh piece of fruit.

Worst:
BMW 3-series -- It doesnt smell bad. It just smells like high-end rubber. I liked it for a week then grew tired of it. Fortunately, putting the top down makes it a non-issue.

Playdrv4me
04-20-08, 04:43 AM
#1 2003-06 Escalade/Denali
#2 2003-05 Range Rover
#3 2001-03 Infiniti QX4 (Black leather)
#4 98-2004 Seville, 2000-05 DTS/Deville

Submariner409
04-20-08, 09:36 AM
A brand new 1957 Mercedes Benz 300SL Gullwing. Time dulls all memories, but sitting in one of those leather-filled beasts was purely erotic, smell and feel.

Thomas Carey
04-20-08, 10:36 AM
For me it would be a brand new car one in a contest. Nothing like that new free smell you know.

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

orconn
04-20-08, 11:03 AM
No doubt about it! A 1950's Rolls Royce or Jaguar sitting on the showroom floor at Peter Satori's dealership in Pasadena, California. A totally addicting aroma and one of the reasons I owned European cars for many years. Second place would go to Italian cars of the '70's. German cars ........well they just smelled German and as they aged got worse and worse!

slk230mb
04-20-08, 01:47 PM
+1 on the Escalade, although I might be slightly biased. :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-20-08, 03:01 PM
- Any of the Cadillacs with that Nuance leather. It seems as though the newer the model, the better the aroma is. The Escalades smell the best though, for whatever reason. Also, some high end GMC's and Buicks share this aroma too, but it's not as vivid in those cars.

- Mercedes Benz. I know the M-B leather has it's own aroma, different from the Cadillac leather...not as sweet, but it's still a very nice smell. Take mine for example, it's especially evident on a hot day, if it's been sitting in the sun for an extended time. It's warm, its refreshing, it smells like a nice cologne. There's nothing quite like opening the door after a long day of work and getting a whiff of that smell...Plus, smelling it takes me back to late last summer, back when I first bought the car. That, among other reasons, made the Summer of '07 a very good summer, and everytime I smell it, it's an instant throwback to then. Now the newer Benzes use a different leather, so it smells different. I haven't spent a lot of time in newer ones, so I can't really describe them, other than that smells more sweet and "manufactured".

Other than that, I guess I don't really know. I just wish the leather used in the "pre Nuance" era Cadillacs smelled better, or at all.

Playdrv4me
04-20-08, 09:50 PM
- Any of the Cadillacs with that Nuance leather. It seems as though the newer the model, the better the aroma is. The Escalades smell the best though, for whatever reason. Also, some high end GMC's and Buicks share this aroma too, but it's not as vivid in those cars.

Unfortunately the 2007+ T900 trucks, including the Escalade, smell like nothing other than cheap asian plastic at most. No where near as good as the 02-06s.

JC316
04-20-08, 10:15 PM
93 Infinity J30. That car smells great to this day and it has damn near 200K on it.
98 SLS, it just has a certain smell that says MINE.

Cadillacboy
04-22-08, 09:30 AM
Jaguar XJ40, X300
1993-96 Cadillac Fleetwood
Rolls Royce

MauiV
04-22-08, 02:32 PM
1976 Chrysler Cordoba

You just cant beat the smell of the soft Corinthian leather.

Ricardo Montalban says so.

orconn
04-22-08, 03:02 PM
1976 Chrysler Cordoba

You just cant beat the smell of the soft Corinthian leather.

Ricardo Montalban says so.

Yeah, I had one of those and it did smell like something bovine related......but unfortunately the "Cor-een-thee-an Leathear" was only present in insets surrounded by yards of vinyl and plastic whose aroma was anything but leather-like. The interior also started to fall apart after only a years use. My next car was a 1976 Seville which was a quantum leap ahead of the Cordova and far ahead of the standard Cadillac in the quality of the interior .......... ofcourse, it cost twice as much also! But as far as leather smell, it was a far cry from the Brit and Italian cars of the day.

gdwriter
04-23-08, 12:11 AM
When I was in college in the mid 80s, I had a girlfriend whose mother had a fairly new Jaguar XJ-6. I rode in it once, and the lovely aroma of all that Connally leather was totally intoxicating.

Since I just gave Cruella Sandy's famous Dove soap treatment, she smells awfully nice, too.

EcSTSatic
04-23-08, 01:09 PM
On the lighter side, here's a car with a smell you won't forget!

Up in Smoke (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8XRax8gnno&feature=related)