: GM clings to market share.

Jesda
04-20-08, 03:52 AM
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080418/BUSINESS01/804180399/1002/BUSINESS

"Despite the tough American economy, General Motors Corp. has started the year off right -- holding its share of the retail market in the first three months with a stable of strong new products such as the Chevy Malibu, Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS.

GM captured 21.6% of retail sales in the U.S. market during the January-March period, according to the latest estimates provided exclusively to the Free Press by the Power Information Network, a subsidiary of J.D. Power and Associates."

Summary: Thanks to good new products, GM is able to retain its market share in a down market overall, despite collapsing truck sales. Also, Chrysler is farked. Click the article for details.

CadillacSTS42005
04-20-08, 11:44 AM
The Viper (which is going the way of the Do-Do) and the Challenger are the only two nice Dodges....

CadillacGurl
04-20-08, 11:52 AM
What about the Chargers, SRT8 in general?? That's not a nice Dodge???

AMGoff
04-20-08, 03:06 PM
The LX cars (300, Charger, Magnum) are still nice cars... they're only suffering from a couple different things. First off... they're well into their life cycle after experiencing phenomenal sales out of the gate. Secondly... gas is killing them... they are at their best when they've got the Hemi under the hood. While the 3.5 is a fine motor - it's a little anemic when such bulk is wrapped around them... and the 2.7 is just pathetic! I actually I'm not sure they're even putting the 2.7 in them anymore - then again, they should have never been put in them in the first place.

Chrysler was last to the "resurrection party," so they still have some catching up to do. Once especially their Phoenix V6s come into production, they be in a little better shape. I still don't think they're in as bad of shape as Ford (yet)... I mean, how long has Ford been working on their "turnaround" plan?