: Tell me about US Cellular.

Jesda
04-19-08, 11:04 PM
US Cellular arrived in St Louis a few years ago.

We are abandoning Sprint because of billing issues (they have yet to update our plan, despite repeated phone calls and visits to the store), which is too bad because the network is fantastic.

I no longer need EVDO phone-as-modem service since I have a DSL connection at the office, but I do find myself using LOTS of incoming airtime and text messages.

The unfortunate thing is that they don't have coverage in Tampa FL, so I would be roaming when I go down there. On the other hand, a nationwide plan should cover roaming charges so that's a non-issue.

The pricing is a bit higher than Sprint and the phone selection is sufficient.

How is their customer service, billing, and voice quality?

dkozloski
04-20-08, 12:04 AM
If you watch any of the judge shows on daytime television it becomes apparent that cell phones and cell phone plans cause more breakups and trouble between couples than any other single issue. It's also obvious that the whole system is extremely overpriced and is even worse than a loan from Household Finance. It's inconceivable to me how anybody could be persuaded to run up any kind of bill just talking to people. There isn't anybody on Earth I'd be willing to fork over the kind of money that people run up on phone bills. Everybody must be insane to put up with this nonsense. Cell phones are the most ruinous element in modern society.

Jesda
04-20-08, 12:10 AM
I sent 1500 text messages and talked for 3900 minutes last month.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-20-08, 12:32 AM
Oh ****! I send maybe 100 text messages a month. Maybe.

dkozloski
04-20-08, 01:13 AM
Oh ****! I send maybe 100 text messages a month. Maybe.
I've never sent a text message in my life and wouldn't know how to get started. I'm sure I haven't suffered as a result. I haven't had my cell phone turned on for over a month. After a lifetime of people bugging me because they want something from me I'm now looking for peace and quiet.

eldorado99
04-20-08, 02:03 AM
I've never sent a text message in my life and wouldn't know how to get started. I'm sure I haven't suffered as a result. I haven't had my cell phone turned on for over a month. After a lifetime of people bugging me because they want something from me I'm now looking for peace and quiet.

Trust me, you're not missing anything, I hate text messaging, I find it very annoying and unfortunately since I'm a young'un EVERYONE else I know uses and abuses it so sometimes I am forced to deal with it.

caddycruiser
04-20-08, 09:21 AM
SO guys, aside from the life ruining aspect of cell phones...;)...anyone actually have experience or know anything about US Cellular?

I don't think I've ever heard of them, but then again, not being in my area (maybe?), I wouldn't. Sometimes these "no name" companies really can offer the best service, compared to biggies, in general. Wonder if that's the case here?

CadillacGurl
04-20-08, 11:54 AM
The only thing good about US Cellular in the Chicago area is that those people have reception while underground on the El... everything else I've heard is bad lol

dkozloski
04-20-08, 12:30 PM
The only thing good about US Cellular in the Chicago area is that those people have reception while underground on the El... everything else I've heard is bad lol
Only in Chicago could you be underground on the elevated railroad.

DILLIGAF
04-20-08, 12:40 PM
I ditched US Cellular because they were slow to go all digital.I'm with Alltell now but just have regular service,no Blackberry or Q for e-mail and such.I am pondering going to At&t for the international service and all the phone types.I am wanting to go to a wireless card and get rid of the broad band at home,just use the phone card for all my internet service.

Wife and the daughter have sprint=sprint sucks if you get off a paved road.
Oldest son has T-Mobile=kids a text psycho so its ok
Me and the youngest son have Alltell,135 a month,he does text and e-mail on his razor,we have coverage everywhere including Mexico.My highest bill was 160 while in Cancun.

slk230mb
04-20-08, 01:48 PM
I don't talk too much on my phone, but I texted a lot. 2200 last month...

caddycruiser
04-20-08, 06:42 PM
I'm still on a plan with my parents and never (hmm...4 times in 8 years?) text, etc., so all is well for me. At least for a few more months.

We've gone from CellularOne to Cingular when it switched and then have been with that into the AT&T buyout. Never, ever an issue, an insane plan (we have so many minutes and so many free things, started from many years ago, would never give it up), great phones all the time, and service everywhere. Know the usual few friends who "ugh, no AT&T for me, only Verizon" but have never pondered the V.

As for US Cellular...doesn't look that great from a few posts here, but we'll see if there's more.

gary88
04-20-08, 07:36 PM
The bulk of my text messages go to Chad, alerting him when I see a high end luxury car or a crown victoria.

caddycruiser
04-20-08, 10:37 PM
The bulk of my text messages go to Chad, alerting him when I see a high end luxury car or a crown victoria.

Hah:histeric: