: 05 Escalade EXT paint white diamond

mariaew
04-19-08, 12:31 PM
:crying:After 3 years I finally made a scratch on my truck. I am so upset, I have scrapped my step up on the drivers side. I know it is going to cost me a fortune to have repaired so I thought I would try to do my best to repair it myself. First problem I am running into is that no one makes touch up paint for the Cadilac White Diamond paint. Does anyone know where I can get it or have a source? Second thing is do I just sand and repair or do I fill it, sand and repair? Thanks in advance!
Maria

Rolex
04-19-08, 02:54 PM
First problem I am running into is that no one makes touch up paint for the Cadilac White Diamond paint.
Maria

Did you check Duplicolor's website? There are 3 white diamond paint codes for 2005. Find the one that matches your paint code.

https://www.duplicolor.com/duplicolor/step2.php

The 05 Lade with diamond white should be # 98/WA800J. The matching number is one up from the bottom and can be ordered online for $12.99. It takes patience to use the stuff and do a good job, but they make it. ;)

DaveH28
04-19-08, 06:01 PM
You can also get it at the dealer.. paint code 98U, as stated above..

mariaew
04-19-08, 07:06 PM
How about clear coat for it? Would it be easlier to just find the piece I scrapped and replace it? It is the back end peice of the step up, although the chrome ist scratched as well, I can live with that more than the scrapped up white.

Rolex
04-19-08, 09:55 PM
:hmm: Umm pics please.

And for the clear coat see the same link above and look one down from the top. Again, small bits of touch up on the end of a toothpick using lots of patience and time to get an even repair. A good buffing and wax afterwards on the entire panel will do you good.

hcvone
04-20-08, 05:58 AM
As said can you post a pix so we can tell you the best way to repair it.

mariaew
04-20-08, 03:45 PM
Ok going to take a picture now!~

mariaew
04-20-08, 04:06 PM
The picture is attached here. This is what I did to my baby. This is the first vehicle I bought myself for me alone. I loved it and had to have it. I am so upset that this happened and I have no one to blame but myself!:banghead:

DaveH28
04-20-08, 05:58 PM
You can probably replace that piece relatively easily.. or at least take it off the truck and get it refinished.. if you want it done right then just bite the bullet and get it painted at a body shop.. if you're that picky with the truck then you know you'll see it every time you walk by and if it isn't right, you'll always know it..

at least its not like a fender or a door or something!

Rolex
04-20-08, 10:07 PM
Accidents happen my friend. That sort of repair is beyond touch up paint.

hueterm
04-21-08, 12:00 AM
If the running boards are similar to the bumper caps (and it's just paint damage, not structural), it won't cost too much. I had both of my bumpers done (once, I backed into a brick wall) (and my front bumper started peeling) -- and they were less than $400 ea.

However, the damage you posted looks worse than either of mine, so you'll just have to see.

The Scientist
04-21-08, 12:04 PM
Try your nearest reputable salvage yard. Swap that end cap and hope that polishing the chrome strip helps.