: Expedia sucks

Koooop
04-18-08, 07:46 PM
I booked a vacation through Expedia.

Among other things, the Rental Car included CDW (insurance).

When I got to Mexico, the Rental company told me I had to pay CDW again.

Now Expedia says they never included CDW (even though it's in my contract). So it's not their problem.

Everything else went off without a hitch, awesome hotel, Delta Airlines was seamless.

Don't use Expedia, they suck.

c5 rv
04-18-08, 08:50 PM
You should be able to fax them your receipt for the CDW you paid for in Mexico and your printed Expedia receipt with CDW included and get them to issue a refund.

Jesda
04-18-08, 10:57 PM
I dont understand why Expedia costs so much more than other sites.

Koooop
04-19-08, 12:33 AM
You should be able to fax them your receipt for the CDW you paid for in Mexico and your printed Expedia receipt with CDW included and get them to issue a refund.

They told me not to send them the receipt claiming they can't get emails with attachments and cannot receive a Fax. :bonkers:

What lying bastards.

I will send it and Fax it next week though.

Koooop
04-19-08, 12:36 AM
I dont understand why Expedia costs so much more than other sites.

None of the other sites were even close to the deal they had on Expedia.

Now I understand why! They're lying bastards!

Bottom line is even with the extra $196.35 I had to pay the trip was still a smoking good deal.

c5 rv
04-19-08, 10:51 AM
They told me not to send them the receipt claiming they can't get emails with attachments and cannot receive a Fax. :bonkers:

What lying bastards.

I will send it and Fax it next week though.

There's always snail mail. I think companies prefer to handle refunds and complaints this way because:

- The process is in place and it meets whatever regulations are in place
- They can easily outsource it
- They get to keep your money longer.

dkozloski
04-19-08, 12:35 PM
They'll answer a summons to small claims court. If not, you get a default judgement.

eyekandyboats.inc
04-19-08, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeHG-8rfqKM

Koooop
04-19-08, 10:53 PM
They'll answer a summons to small claims court. If not, you get a default judgement.

They'll have to send a lawyer to court, I'll postpone at the last minute, I'll keep their lawyer on the phone talking about the weather, sports and cars and run up their legal bills...

I'm a nightmare, my wife is a JD paralegal so she's no party either.

Their customer service dept on the phone tells me I have to do this by email, the email people tell me I have to call. The people on the phone put me on hold for 30 -45 minutes then hang up (I just put them on speaker when I'm in my office working). Total run around dirtbags.

Expedia is a scam. I think it's time to call the local news on this, they'd have fun with morons like these.

Sinister Angel
04-21-08, 06:55 PM
I don't know about where you're at, but here at least, you can't have an attorney represent you in small claims.

dkozloski
04-21-08, 07:11 PM
Take'em to visit Judge Judy. She'll tell'em how the cow ate the cabbage.

Koooop
04-22-08, 10:34 AM
I don't know about where you're at, but here at least, you can't have an attorney represent you in small claims.

Since they are a corporation they will have a lawyer, that's gonna cost them a lot more that the $196.35 they stole from me!

LOL