: Virtual / Simulation Dyno Tuning??

CTSV_510
04-18-08, 04:43 PM
Has anyone heard or had any experience with "virtual" or "simulated" dyno tuning? I was asking a client of mine that owns a corvette shop about engine work and tuning and he said that they don't have a dyno but use virtual dyno tuning software.

What is he talking about? I found this from google: http://www.virtualengine2000.com/ but I don't know if that's what he's talking about. Looks pretty cool though.

Thoughts?

NormV
04-18-08, 04:59 PM
Still would have to have tuning software. Just purchase HPtuners, find a straight on ramp, and use 3rd gear. That setup will get more info and any dyno session sitting on rollers. :)

Not unless your assembling engines.

Norm

heavymetals
04-18-08, 05:08 PM
I thought I was pretty lucky to know someone with EFI live who could give me the file(s) to send to STEALTH for the tune.

Still had to ship the PCM but no big deal.

StealthV
04-18-08, 07:15 PM
use 3rd gear. That setup will get more info and any dyno session sitting on rollers. :)

Aye, 3rd is good and 4th gear works really good as well. Just watch out for highway patrol when doing 150 mph with a computer sitting on the passenger seat. Sudden application of Brembos does a number on unsecured laptops and their displays. Or so I've heard.

NormV
04-18-08, 07:33 PM
HPtuners has a hand held recording device.
Still have to load it up to the notebook or pc. Don't do many changes while driving. :)

Norm

Aye, 3rd is good and 4th gear works really good as well. Just watch out for highway patrol when doing 150 mph with a computer sitting on the passenger seat. Sudden application of Brembos does a number on unsecured laptops and their displays. Or so I've heard.

StealthV
04-18-08, 11:20 PM
EFILive had a handheld before HPT.

This was back before HPT could even tune a V. Really.

NormV
04-19-08, 07:46 AM
How things have changed! :)

Norm

Jayrcr3
04-19-08, 05:10 PM
How hard is it to learn the ins and outs of those tuning programs? I was thinking about buying EFI Live together with a friend of mine who has a corvette.

NormV
04-19-08, 08:45 PM
Probably spent 40 hours on the forums for HPTuners this past winter. They have a bunch of tutorials that help allot and the knowledge base on forums is quite noticeably indepth compared to efilive's forum. Jump on each forum and see if it is something you want to spend time learning. :)

Norm

How hard is it to learn the ins and outs of those tuning programs? I was thinking about buying EFI Live together with a friend of mine who has a corvette.

Jayrcr3
04-19-08, 09:10 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the info. I will check it out.