: Gta 4

ahahnu
04-16-08, 05:43 PM
Anyone else out there chomping at the bit for this game's release on the 29th? I've been reading about it quite a bit and it sounds sick. The grand theft auto series of games is the only reason I have a consule now.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-16-08, 09:46 PM
I'm very much looking forward to it.

gothicaleigh
04-17-08, 09:50 PM
I've always felt that Grand Theft Auto is one of the most over-rated video game series ever. So no, I'm not particularly looking forward to it.

Jesda
04-18-08, 03:22 AM
WOO! Can't wait!

I love games where you can just pick it up, play it for 15 minutes, and turn it off. I almost never follow storylines.

DopeStar 156
04-18-08, 10:00 AM
I've always felt that Grand Theft Auto is one of the most over-rated video game series ever. So no, I'm not particularly looking forward to it.

This will be my 3rd GTA game I'm passing up. So far my experiences have been that I can play it for a few days but it gets so repetetive, even when I follow the missions that I just turn it off. San Andreas was the last one I played and it fizzled out after about a week An hour goes by and you realized you've killed every kind of pedestrian that exists and driven all the cars already......

gary88
04-18-08, 11:03 AM
I, for one, am greatly looking forward to this game. This will be my fourth GTA game that I haven't passed up.

If you want repetive, play Assasin's Creed.

The Tony Show
04-18-08, 02:25 PM

This will be my 3rd GTA game I'm passing up. So far my experiences have been that I can play it for a few days but it gets so repetetive, even when I follow the missions that I just turn it off. San Andreas was the last one I played and it fizzled out after about a week An hour goes by and you realized you've killed every kind of pedestrian that exists and driven all the cars already......

:werd:

GTA is massively overrated. Perhaps if the new one has a decent story and better "out of vehicle" gameplay (which I've heard it does) it will be better. Even if those facets get improved, I still hate all the "thug" culture and the people who flock to it wearing their Scarface T-shirts.

I don't mind a good Anti-Hero, but the GTA games are just gratuitous.

DopeStar 156
04-18-08, 10:18 PM
I, for one, am greatly looking forward to this game. This will be my fourth GTA game that I haven't passed up.

If you want repetive, play Assasin's Creed.

I agree with that too. I'm sure I'll play GTA4 and I actually want to, but in this day and age with games being $60 you can't afford to pick up something you won't really play......

Jesda
04-18-08, 10:23 PM
I dont want the game to get too complicated. I look forward to my biweekly ritual of killing innocent people.

DopeStar 156
04-18-08, 10:26 PM
I dont want the game to get too complicated. I look forward to my biweekly ritual of killing innocent people.

I put down the controller and pick up a hatchet.....

Jesda
04-18-08, 10:28 PM
I put down the controller and pick up a hatchet.....

I'm trying to avoid the real world. :P :alchi:

DopeStar 156
04-18-08, 10:33 PM
:alchi:

That's a good way to do it.....

gary88
04-18-08, 11:35 PM
I agree with that too. I'm sure I'll play GTA4 and I actually want to, but in this day and age with games being $60 you can't afford to pick up something you won't really play......

'Tis true. I usually read up on a game a lot before I lay down the money for it. Lucky for me I only have to pay maybe $4 for it thanks to a $50 best buy gift card and $10 Reward Zone coupon :cool2:

DopeStar 156
04-19-08, 12:05 AM
'Tis true. I usually read up on a game a lot before I lay down the money for it. Lucky for me I only have to pay maybe $4 for it thanks to a $50 best buy gift card and $10 Reward Zone coupon :cool2:

Well then by all means I would get it if it was only costing me $4. Last game I bought for PS3 was The Darkness last summer and I loved it, beat it completely and might be playing through again.....

ahahnu
04-21-08, 07:42 PM
I agree to all that you have to really like a game to plunk down $60 or more on it. When San Andreas came out a coworker of mine asked me why do I do it (buy such expensive games)? I replied imagine the amount of hours I will spend playing it, divide that into a dollar amount spent and boom it really doesn't add up to too much. COD4 I have spent over 8 and a half days worth of real world time playing it since November. My girlfriend likes it cause I'm not out with other girls (well in GTA I will be lol and she hates it cause I spend time with that not her), I like it cause I'm not out (in the real world) getting in trouble or spending money on beverages that I will piss out in an hour anyway. So whether you are with me in liking the GTA series and look forward to it's release in a week or not... Hello Niko Belic. Yes I do agree that it can get annoying just running around blowing people or cars up. I think a whole new detailed environment to do it in will be fun. Also throw in a multiplayer game with a friend or two in a car windows down driving around terrorizing the public will be fun, even if short lived.

gary88
04-21-08, 09:37 PM
8 more days until IV day :dance:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-21-08, 09:39 PM
Gary, take the money you were gonna spend on that and come down to the Midwest meet with us!

gary88
04-21-08, 10:09 PM
Do they take best buy gift cards and coupons in Iowa? :stirpot:

You know I'd really like to go, but it doesn't work out with my school schedule right now. Plus I need to save all my money (minus the $4 I have to pay for GTA) for a little purchase this summer... heh heh heh...