: Battery Tray on drivers side of '08 Esky?

simplemind
04-16-08, 05:25 PM
There is a tray on the drivers side of the engine compartment. Looks like a battery tray to me!

Anyone here use this? What is required to hook up dual batteries?

DrLogan
04-16-08, 08:35 PM
When I purchased my Escalade I inquired to the dealer over it, and I was told in that order to have the extra battery installed and properly connected to the vehicle would cost upwards of $1000.

I can live without having a xbox 360 in there if it means I have to pay that much for something that shouldn't be near as complicated as they make it out to be!

simplemind
04-16-08, 08:49 PM
When I purchased my Escalade I inquired to the dealer over it, and I was told in that order to have the extra battery installed and properly connected to the vehicle would cost upwards of $1000.

I can live without having a xbox 360 in there if it means I have to pay that much for something that shouldn't be near as complicated as they make it out to be!

Zoweeeeee :eek:!

scottlma
04-17-08, 12:06 AM
i recall some other posts on this topic - they described just a particular cable that was required (i thinkl the part number was also posted) - i think a few people that post here may have done it already

Dif
04-17-08, 12:42 AM
There is a tray on the drivers side of the engine compartment. Looks like a battery tray to me!

Anyone here use this? What is required to hook up dual batteries?
Here's a link to a thread about it and the last post in the thread has a list of the part #'s needed.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/126436-space-underhood-drivers-side.html

It won't cost $1,000.00 if getting the parts and doing it yourself :yup:
If I remember the total cost of the parts.. it's a fraction of that.

There was another post with pictures of everything but the pictures are not showing anymore.

hcvone
04-17-08, 08:56 AM

I was one of the first to do this mod after seeing the dual battery setup in a 2007 Police Tahoe, this is what it costs

25825642 Cable $58.19
15888242 F-Cable $54.74
14005061 Retainer $2.09
11509853 Screw $.58
Of course you will need another battery, but the part were $115.60 total, it took use about two hours to do my first truck and 30 minutes to do my second truck. I have had this setup for well over a year on both truck, and guess what no more dead battery if I leave the doors open and the radio on while working on the truck, doesn't matter for how long. Anyone who wants a copy of the schematic e-mail me and I will send it to you. You have to go to a dealership that sells a lot of Police trucks and they would know more about this.

simplemind
04-17-08, 09:07 AM
I was one of the first to do this mod after seeing the dual battery setup in a 2007 Police Tahoe, this is what it costs

Great info! Thanks for taking the time!:2thumbs:

I probably don't have the need everyday, but this is a highway cruiser for me, taking trips to who knows where, and it's a "peace of mind" thing for me. Plus, with so many electronics on board, well, you get the picture.

BTW, too new to PM! :banghead:

DrLogan
04-17-08, 06:09 PM
Wow. I already hated my dealership. My next car will NOT be a Cadillac simply because their HORRIBLE customer service. When my transmission (reverse) was messed up, they took 2 weeks to even look at it. The only reason they didn't take a year was because they told me 3 days, then 7 days later I started showing up there everyday and bugging the hell out of them. Then they mess around for another 1.5 weeks, and finally decide to just put a whole new transmission in it. Had to ship by freight and took another week to arrive. There is tons of other stupid things but this is the main one that makes me so angry.

caddycruiser
04-17-08, 07:56 PM
Wow. I already hated my dealership. My next car will NOT be a Cadillac simply because their HORRIBLE customer service. When my transmission (reverse) was messed up, they took 2 weeks to even look at it. The only reason they didn't take a year was because they told me 3 days, then 7 days later I started showing up there everyday and bugging the hell out of them. Then they mess around for another 1.5 weeks, and finally decide to just put a whole new transmission in it. Had to ship by freight and took another week to arrive. There is tons of other stupid things but this is the main one that makes me so angry.

And you're posting this here, why? Has nothing to do with the dual battery discussion.

simplemind
04-17-08, 09:06 PM
And you're posting this here, why? Has nothing to do with the dual battery discussion.

He's venting! :shhh: And his dealer said $1000 for a $100 add on! :hmm:

hcvone
04-18-08, 09:54 AM

That is ashame doc, I can not say enough good things about my Caddy dealership.