: 90 Deville Radio Equalizer dead?

SkiPopeye36
04-16-08, 01:00 PM
Hey guys -
Noob here. I just picked up a 90 deville to use as a DD/beater and I'm noticing that the left most equalizer bar is "dead", as in it's giving me no bass regardless of where I slide it. Is there something I can do to easily fix this or am I going to need to pick up a new head-unit? Would a loose connection in the wiring harness behind the head-unit cause this, or what? Also, how do you remove the head-unit? Obviously I'm going to need to remove the front panel on the dash to get to it, but didn't know if there was a trick to it.

Thanks!

EMB1230
04-16-08, 07:23 PM
Ok, first off, is your Loudness button on? If the problem is still there, your radio might be worn out, they do as they get older. Best bet is to find a different HU. To remove the radio, first pull off the trim piece, then remove the 2 screws on the top bracket, next, there is a hidden third screw that is above the ashtray. Once all 3 are removed, the radio will slide right out.

SkiPopeye36
04-16-08, 09:12 PM
Ok, first off, is your Loudness button on? If the problem is still there, your radio might be worn out, they do as they get older. Best bet is to find a different HU. To remove the radio, first pull off the trim piece, then remove the 2 screws on the top bracket, next, there is a hidden third screw that is above the ashtray. Once all 3 are removed, the radio will slide right out.

Yeah the loudness button is on, so I'm guessing the amp in the factory head-unit just took a crap. Thanks for the removal help...

EMB1230
04-16-08, 10:25 PM
No problem, also, that bottom screw is tricky to get to, you have to pull the ashtray out, obviously.