: cleaning the leather and Suede

ctsvett
05-27-04, 02:29 AM
I am curious what people are using to clean the seats. I am considering Zymol (cleaner only, no conditioner) on the leather portion of the seats. Does zymol leave a oil sheen behind? I hate that on leather

I have no idea what to use on the suede. At this point I have only been using a vacuum to clean the dirt.

Just looking for opinions.

Reed

M STaR 013
05-27-04, 04:33 AM
for the leather on my CTS i use Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Foam. it cleans it very well, and it doesn't leave it with that greasy feel. after about 5 months, my seats still look and feel like they did when i first got my car. now, i have a regular CTS, so i can't help you on what to use for the suede, but good luck finding something!

Slick V
05-27-04, 07:55 AM
Over time I have found that the best way to do regular leather cleaning is to just wipe it down with a damp rag. That gets off all the dirt and buildup and doesnt leave anything behind at all.

benjet
05-27-04, 12:10 PM
I have no idea what to use on the suede. At this point I have only been using a vacuum to clean the dirt.
I don't think the suede is REAL suede - according to the window sticker "sueded fabric inserts" which would mean Alcantara (or something like it)to me (which will last much better than real suede). I would re-confrim this before choosing a product to use on this material (you don't want to use a leather care product on a regular fabric).

-Ben

P.S. Lexol will do in a pinch to clearn the leather but there are a number of other products I would suggest over that (never use armor-all).

me3head
05-27-04, 12:48 PM
It is UltraSuede, a micro knit fabric.

BUILDINGCTSAMG
05-28-04, 10:22 PM
Having had ultrasuede while the cts-v was still a concept i found using warm water does the trick on the suede, you can also use a tiny bit of soft soap, and a nice towel