: Small Businesses and Credit Cards...

thebigjimsho
04-16-08, 12:25 PM
Since I work as an independent contactor for a limo company, I let them do all the dirty work. They get the business, send receipts and process payments. And while I'm certainly not looking to break away right now, I am taking on a little extra where I can.

So, for any businesses out there, how do you process CC payments? What machines and/or services do you use?

CadillacGurl
04-16-08, 10:08 PM
I pay my credit cards online.

dkozloski
04-16-08, 10:32 PM
Since I work as an independent contactor for a limo company, I let them do all the dirty work. They get the business, send receipts and process payments. And while I'm certainly not looking to break away right now, I am taking on a little extra where I can.

So, for any businesses out there, how do you process CC payments? What machines and/or services do you use?
Do a Google on credit card processing services.

You'll probably wind up going through a middleman and they'll want you to put up recourse money and a sizable percentage to handle it for you; especially if you have no track record.

Lord Cadillac
04-17-08, 01:44 PM
I'm not sure if this will help - but you should be able to get setup with your bank. I had a credit card machine for a business years ago. I received it through the bank I had the business account with.

Albertan
04-17-08, 04:11 PM
US might be different, we originally set up through our bank. They charged 3% I think. Then I had a Chamber of Commerce membership and through them it was 2.5%. We were using a hand held machine and run a roller over the card to do a bill. Now we have an electronic device hooked to phone line and all we do is swipe the card and it does authorization etc. I think it is through Monaris.
Check out www.monerisusa.com to get more info. It allows us to do Mastercard, visa and Amex.

thebigjimsho
04-17-08, 05:39 PM
Thanks guys...

nikon
04-17-08, 09:56 PM
we do ours online....no swiping, can't remember the name of the place now...anyways, if you don't need a machine to charge things instantly paypal is fairly competitive but again can only be done online...if you've got a pda/laptop with internet access this may not be a problem...otherwise the swipe machines can get kinda pricey with lease fees and all....only other thing I can think of is nextel sells a swiper add on for some of their phones.

thebigjimsho
04-18-08, 10:10 PM
we do ours online....no swiping, can't remember the name of the place now...anyways, if you don't need a machine to charge things instantly paypal is fairly competitive but again can only be done online...if you've got a pda/laptop with internet access this may not be a problem...otherwise the swipe machines can get kinda pricey with lease fees and all....only other thing I can think of is nextel sells a swiper add on for some of their phones.Yeah, I've seen the CC swiper for phones. I'll have to check that out too...