: Corsa help?

wooderson
04-15-08, 09:15 PM
I purchased a Corsa exhaust from my local dealer last year. The resonators have practically cracked in half after 15,000 miles. My dealer ordered the replacement parts from Corsa a month ago and still have not received the parts. What are my options? My dealer blames Corsa and says there is nothing they can do. When I payed for the exhaust it arrived within a week. Now that they have to send replacement parts out for free, it takes months???!! Can I demand my money back and buy an exhaust that won't break in half after few months. I'm tired of driving around in a Caddy that sounds like P.O.S. rat rod.

StealthV
04-15-08, 09:41 PM
Speculation - Corsa may not have the V system in the pipeline at the moment and you may be waiting for the next batch of system builds. Call Corsa and kindly explain the situation.

There was a new resonator for sale here on the forum but I see that it is sold.

I've got a used resonator that I don't really want to part with but sounds like your patience is wearing thin so perhaps I can be persuaded.

Another option is to replace the resonator section with a Magnaflow x-pipe along with two pieces of 2.5" exhaust tubing. An no, I'm not parting with the x-pipe version. :)

wooderson
04-15-08, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the options. I purchased the system from the dealership and paid top dollar so it would be warrantied. I may get an X-pipe because it is a better design but I am not letting my dealership or Corsa of the hook. They took my money. They should honor their warranty in a timely fashion or give me my money back.

GMBOUND
04-16-08, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the options. I purchased the system from the dealership and paid top dollar so it would be warrantied. I may get an X-pipe because it is a better design but I am not letting my dealership or Corsa of the hook. They took my money. They should honor their warranty in a timely fashion or give me my money back.

Stand Tall:thumbsup:

Jono
04-16-08, 07:12 AM
I bought a Corsa system for my C5 and had problem with one of the mufflers. Called Corsa and received great service. A lot of the Corvette guys that have worked with them on warranty problems have all been positive. Call them direct. :yup:

rangerrob
04-16-08, 09:29 AM
i agree, call Corsa direct, explain the problem and they are more than willing to help out, i'm currently in the process right now and there are some good guys over there. you're dealer is feeding you some bs... i'd ask them to show you a printout or receipt of when they requested the part from Corsa... probably didn't

Lindsay Cadillac Parts
04-16-08, 01:04 PM
call Corsa....800-486-0999. I just got warranty replacement mufflers for a customer in our shop, it took 3 business days to get them.

trukk
04-16-08, 01:10 PM
call Corsa....800-486-0999. I just got warranty replacement mufflers for a customer in our shop, it took 3 business days to get them.

:thumbsup:

Can't wait for my car to be 'rattle' free again !

-Chris

rangerrob
04-16-08, 02:23 PM
:thumbsup:

Can't wait for my car to be 'rattle' free again !

-Chris

please post a vid... so i can show corsa before and after with a different V, so hopefully they will send me out a replacement can for the right side...

trukk
04-16-08, 02:57 PM
please post a vid... so i can show corsa before and after with a different V, so hopefully they will send me out a replacement can for the right side...

Will do.

-Chris

wooderson
04-20-08, 06:57 PM
call Corsa....800-486-0999. I just got warranty replacement mufflers for a customer in our shop, it took 3 business days to get them.Thanks for the number. Another week has gone by and still no exhaust. I will have to call them direct. Sarant Cadillac in Farmingdale NY could care less if it arrives at all. When I call them to see if the part arrived they act like I am bothering them. GM please send a customer satisfaction survey.:bighead:

ozdemir23
08-03-08, 12:33 AM
Did you ever get this resolved? I have a V that had the Corsa installed when I bought it, and it rattles like crazy - same thing you described. How do i get this resolved? I have no idea what to do with it and was planning on going to the nearest muffler shop to have someone look at it. Should I call Corsa?

Reaching out to fellow forumers for help. Thanks......

oz

rand49er
08-03-08, 04:33 PM
Did you ever get this resolved? I have a V that had the Corsa installed when I bought it, and it rattles like crazy - same thing you described. How do i get this resolved? I have no idea what to do with it and was planning on going to the nearest muffler shop to have someone look at it. Should I call Corsa?

ozProbably resting on that little cross piece which, I believe, is intended to catch the driveshaft if it ever lets go.

The "fix" is to loosen the whole system up front to back, take a floor jack, support the exhaust (both pipes) in the middle with the jack and maybe a short piece of 2x4, jack it up against the floor of the cabin, then tighten the whole system back up again. It will droop a bit after you let it back down, but will clear the cross piece and stop that infernal rattling/buzzing sound.

FWIW, I've done this several times in the past after fiddling around on something where the exhaust has to be removed or loosened ... works every time. :thumbsup:

08-04-08, 11:21 AM
This issue with the OP is likely resolved but I will put in my two cents in defense of Corsa. I had some minor issues with my V exhaust when I bought it a few years ago, and I had a new muffler at my door in just a few days. Very helpful, very knowledgeable, phone support, too.

I had a question on a boat exhaust, and I called Jim Browning; left him a message, and HE called me back the same day or within 24 hours. we had a detailed tech discussion; I felt that he and his staff would bend over backwards for me.

The runaround mentioned by the original poster is clearly a dealer issue.

wooderson
08-07-08, 06:13 PM

ozThe issue was resolved finally. The fix was to replace the defective resonator. It was badly cracked on both sides after 15,000 miles. Corsa seems like solid company and they did the right thing but that design has a glaring weak spot that should be addressed if it has not already. It's not an isolated incident.