: N* Headgasket Replacement

Pudsky
04-15-08, 09:49 PM
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, but I have been snooping for quite some time. I must say this is about the best forum I have ever seen in regards to people helping each other out with tech problems they are having with their Cadillac's and Northstar engines.

My 1997 Aurora has the same symptoms a lot of yours had when the headgaskets failed. It overheats after it is driven for a while. I can let it sit and idle forever and it will not overheat, but when it gets up to highway speed, it does not take long to overheat. I have completly gone through the whole cooling system and am certain it is working properly. I am fairly certain that the headgaskets are starting to fail.

I am going to be replacing my headgaskets in the next month or so and I am going to use Time-serts to repair the bolt holes in the block. I am wondering if there is anybody out there who purchased a Time-sert kit for themselves and would like to re-coop some of the cost of the tool and rent it to me. If there is anybody willing to do that, please let me know.

I am going to plan on doing the repair over a long weekend, so I should not need it for very long. Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Pudsky
1997 Oldsmobile Aurora
261,837 miles