: GT-R V Spec to have 683 bhp

Blackout
04-15-08, 06:58 PM
http://img.drive.com.au/drive_images/Editorial/2008/04/15/Nissan1_m_m.jpg

If the new Nissan GT-Rís 353kW isnít enough for you, wait until the debut of the GT-R V-spec, which promises 510kW of power courtesy of an increase in boost for the twin-turbo V6 engine.

Caught here at the Nurburgring test track in Germany, the GT-R V-spec has been set a target lap goal of under seven minutes and 25 seconds for the tricky, demanding circuit. That's 18 seconds faster than the cooking GT-R that is already quicker than a Porsche 911 Turbo.

The GT-R V-spec is also rumoured to have shaved 150 kilos off its (admittedly hefty) 1740kg kerb weight by the use of carbonfibre body panels and lighter, more effective carbon-ceramic brakes.

Those stoppers are fed cool air via a revised front splitter that boasts several new air intakes.

Itís not clear when the GT-R V-spec will be unleashed on the public. The standard GT-R comes to Australia in early 2009.

http://www.autospies.com/news/Nissan-GT-R-V-Spec-to-have-close-to-510kW-that-s-693bhp-28661/

The Tony Show
04-15-08, 07:26 PM
Those crazy Aussies spell "fibre" funny.

urbanski
04-15-08, 07:27 PM
kerb

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-15-08, 07:29 PM
Metric measurements.

gary88
04-15-08, 07:35 PM
I wonder how many kilometres per hour she goes?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-15-08, 08:01 PM
Fast enough to go back in time.

CIWS
04-15-08, 08:39 PM
I wonder how many kilometres per hour she goes?

If it's like the other import version it goes 180kph (112mph) then the speed limiter kicks in.

gary88
04-15-08, 10:34 PM
So my SLS is just as fast as a Skyline, nice!!

parexa
04-16-08, 05:45 AM
683hp thats ridiculous! I wonder how many track hours an average driver needs, to be able to drive one without crashing it in the first curve

CIWS
04-16-08, 07:58 AM
So my SLS is just as fast as a Skyline, nice!!

You would hope if they are going to purchase a GT-R, they would find the nearest place to get tuned and have that speed limiter upped or removed.

683hp thats ridiculous! I wonder how many track hours an average driver needs, to be able to drive one without crashing it in the first curve

:yeah:

Even with the 09 CTS-V I'm waiting to see how many go out of control with 550 lbs of torque under their butt.

It's April 16th and Gran Turismo Prologue is out today, for those that have a Playstation. So I'll be driving my GT-R this afternoon :D

Blackout
04-16-08, 09:08 AM
You would hope if they are going to purchase a GT-R, they would find the nearest place to get tuned and have that speed limiter upped or removed.For real. There is a rumor (but there is no verification online) that on the straight away on the 'ring that the V Spec model passed the ZR-1 and the ZR-1 gave chase but blew its engine and its hood came off as well. I smell BS on this one just due to the fact that I don't see the V Spec out running a ZR-1 on a straight away. But just the fact that Nissan has tweaked the engine a little bit to get that much extra power out of the engine is a sign that this engine is going to respond great to mods

It's April 16th and Gran Turismo Prologue is out today, for those that have a Playstation. So I'll be driving my GT-R this afternoon :DI will have lost all respectfor you if you actually dump $40 for a DEMO

The Tony Show
04-16-08, 09:12 AM
For real. There is a rumor (but there is no verification online) ......

:lol: :histeric:

Brett
04-16-08, 09:21 AM
the rumor would have been better if the ZR-1's doors would have come off....that way the nismo geeks could all add "blew the doors off a zr-1" to their sig line.

The Tony Show
04-16-08, 09:51 AM
I heard a rumor that the ZR-1 was blown to shattered pieces of fiberglass by the force of the GT-R's shockwave of pure awesomeness when it passed it. When the driver of the ZR-1 was recovered from the wreckage, he was speaking Japanese.

Of course, this hasn't been verified on the Internet yet, but that's what I heard.

Sinister Angel
04-16-08, 09:57 AM
But just the fact that Nissan has tweaked the engine a little bit to get that much extra power out of the engine is a sign that this engine is going to respond great to mods

Well, actually something like that makes me wonder how much money you are gonna have to put into it to really see any noticeable increase, because it makes me think that they have that engine pretty well stretched at it's current point. See what I'm sayin?

CIWS
04-16-08, 10:35 AM
I will have lost all respectfor you if you actually dump $40 for a DEMO

You can call it a demo if you want. But there are full programs that don't have the features, number of cars and tracks as Prologue, including a fully modeled GT-R :D

"SCEA announced today the North American release of Gran Turismoô 5 Prologue, exclusively for PLAYSTATIONģ3, delivering the ultimate racing experience. The game features 70 realistic cars, an all-new interior dash view, online racing with up to 16 players, and Gran Turismo TV, an online video channel featuring worldwide automotive and motorsport programming."

Yeah that's worth 40 bucks.

Lord Cadillac
04-16-08, 10:37 AM
No one should take it personally that I'm locking this thread. There are likely other threads that I should also be locking, but I don't see all the threads. I leave it to my team to lock the ones that they see fit to do so with. I just have to hope we're all on the same page.

At any cost, I don't like the direction this discussion is taking, so it's locked. I may be locking a lot of threads around here very soon. I know there are various, bitchy little reasons why there's such animosity around here, but it needs to stop.