: Michigan Weather

70eldo
04-14-08, 11:25 AM
Can anybody tell me what the weather is like in the Bay City area in August/September?

I will visit a friend there (he will move there in June) and want to relax, preferably with sun. Cuz that's what I promised my girl...

Please, provide me some tips on where to go for some outdoor relaxing.

(Of course, Lancing is planned!)

Thanks all!

Sinister Angel
04-14-08, 11:29 AM
Heh, well... erm.. it's really a craps shoot (Bay City is about an hour from where I go to school, and so is Lansing). But, eh, usually runs 70s-80s. It can get warmer though. September is the real craps shoot though, it can be warm all month, or it can snow early.

c5 rv
04-14-08, 12:31 PM
Assuming you mean late August - early September, the weather should be as Sinister Angel said - highs in the 70s with some days in the 80s. You can still have some 90 degree days, but not likely. With autumn approaching, there may be some days with highs in the 60s. Overnight lows are usually in the 60s with some nights in the 50s. It's usually not very rainy then and you won't get any snow. Trees won't be turning yet.

What kind of outdoor relaxing do you like? Once schools start (usually right after Labor Day which is Sep 1 this year) the beaches and parks are very empty during the week. Bay City is on Saginaw Bay which connects to Lake Huron. Aside from the lake & bay, you can go north and find some great rivers to canoe. Here is the state tourism site:

http://www.michigan.org/

Other places to visit:

- Frankenmuth is a kitchy Bavarian-style town, but has Bronner's which is the world's largest Christmas shop.

- Detroit has some excellent museums and concerts. They also have Tigers baseball and Lions football. Those don't look to be too excellent this year.

- Dearborn (near Detroit) has the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village which are great day-long destinations.

- Dundee (on US-23 heading toward Ohio) has Cabela's which is huge hunting, fishing, and camping equipment store. It's supposedly the top tourist destination in the state.

Sinister Angel
04-14-08, 12:49 PM
Detroit also has a corrupt ass mayor who's getting hit up on perjury charges.

70eldo
04-14-08, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the weather info Sinister Angel and C5! And thanks for the links and tips C5!
I will be hoping for some good weather. 70-80 will do. That is nice. Anything worse and I will be in trouble with my girl :D

We will fly to New York first for a few days and then fly to City Bay to visit my friend. We will go on trips from there.

Ehm, canoeing... yeah, I took my girl on a trip with a catamaran once on the Mediteranian Sea in Spain. She all suited up in bikini with a towel. Thought she could sunbathe during sailing. Turned out she was holding on for her life as soon as we got further off shore... hehehe

Sinister Angel
04-14-08, 02:26 PM
You'll have to let me know when you're gonna be in town. We'll have to link up

70eldo
04-14-08, 04:25 PM
You'll have to let me know when you're gonna be in town. We'll have to link up

Cool! It will be the very first week of September for 1o days.
Whish I could bring any of my 2 Cadillacs... :highfive:

Sinister Angel
04-14-08, 09:16 PM
Excellent, I'll be in school by then so I'll be back down here.

bcourson
04-16-08, 02:51 PM
I've lived in MI all my life, currently in GR, and 70-80 sounds about right for the temp. If you're going mid to late August to early September you should have decent weather.

70eldo
04-16-08, 05:03 PM
I've lived in MI all my life, currently in GR, and 70-80 sounds about right for the temp. If you're going mid to late August to early September you should have decent weather.

I am relieved. Thanks for the confirmation bcourson!

Brett
04-16-08, 09:06 PM
(Of course, Lancing is planned!)

Make sure you wear sufficient armor

70eldo
04-17-08, 11:29 AM

and a strong horse :thumbsup:

Sinister Angel
04-18-08, 12:39 AM

No, that's Flint or Saginaw.

70eldo
04-18-08, 09:01 AM

I know he meant, that it is LanSing and not LanCing.
Though Lancing is a place name, too for many places like for example in Great Brittain.
I guess he is referring to lancing as in storming eachother on a horse with lances (jousting)? http://medievalhistory.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_knight_and_medieval_jousting

So, sorry for the mistake:
"Lansing is planned"

Brett
04-18-08, 10:30 AM

then you need different armor, that old stuff wont stop much these days:p

70eldo
04-21-08, 07:12 AM
"ROGER"

will drive low key