LUVMY04V
04-14-08, 09:08 AM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=901911

:yup::D:)

http://www.ohioforcedinductions.com/ProductImages/PBox_0405ctsv.gif

http://www.ohioforcedinductions.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=26

CIWS
04-14-08, 09:59 AM
"I have a turbo kit for you" No numbers, no pics on install in the V ?

I doubt it's going to outperform a supercharger and it's 7K, same price range.

rand49er
04-14-08, 10:45 AM
"I have a turbo kit for you" No numbers, no pics on install in the V ?

I doubt it's going to outperform a supercharger and it's 7K, same price range.:yeah:

Need more info, e.g. boost vs RPM, recommended injector upgrade (included?), install overview (minimum), reversibility (maggie is reversible :D), tune included (?), ...

Advantage: basically passive 'cause no belt <-- I like that part.

StealthV
04-14-08, 01:21 PM
Pass for me, already have twin turbos. :highfive:

CT-CTSV
04-22-08, 05:14 PM
Stealth, what kind of turbo kit do you have? I have not yet found a turbo kit, single or twin available...

nikon
04-22-08, 05:39 PM
^^^ He's got a 535.....its a TT 6.....

Black Sunshine
04-22-08, 07:15 PM
The most recent turbo thread:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/137745-turbo-help-05-cts-v.html

The REAL "Turboed My V" thread (lots of info):
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2004/105252-twin-turbos.html

shadybx7
04-22-08, 08:25 PM
i want a Turbo V but i don't want my car to be the guinea pig and void my warranty just yet...

Luna.
04-22-08, 11:47 PM
Not worth it to me unless someone changes the internals to handle additional boost

bjohnso0
04-23-08, 01:54 PM
Why change the internals, it's no different than a Maggie or Procharger, just don't go nuts with the boost. The only serious weak points of these motors is the rod bolts and the push rods, other than that they can handle pretty serious horsepower. A turbo is actually a little nicer on a motor than a supercharger at the same flywheel horsepower because you don't have the additional power to turn the supercharger and the turbo is more of a linear power that ramps in a little smoother.

onebadcad
04-23-08, 02:25 PM
Why change the internals, it's no different than a Maggie or Procharger, just don't go nuts with the boost. The only serious weak points of these motors is the rod bolts and the push rods, other than that they can handle pretty serious horsepower. A turbo is actually a little nicer on a motor than a supercharger at the same flywheel horsepower because you don't have the additional power to turn the supercharger and the turbo is more of a linear power that ramps in a little smoother.

I am with you, just keep it around 10-12psi with a good tune and no worries about detonation or breaking something. I run a ProCharger on my stock LS2 C6 with a 4.10" pulley, about 10psi, and no problems; many C6 owners run a 3.90" at about 12psi on stock blocks. Have yet to own a TT or a single yet (my 2002 Passat 1.8T does not count), but looking forward to it one day.

Luna.
04-23-08, 04:04 PM

If you're going to run the same ~boost as a maggie, why not just go with the maggie? Less parasitic loss just doesn't seem worth it to me...

Crawler
04-24-08, 12:50 AM
If you're going to run the same ~boost as a maggie, why not just go with the maggie? Less parasitic loss just doesn't seem worth it to me...

Keep in mind boost is not a measure of air FLOW, just a measure of restriction.

Also, the air density of two 60mm chargers is a bit different than a 112Magnacharger.

~W~

Luna.
04-24-08, 01:47 PM
Keep in mind boost is not a measure of air FLOW, just a measure of restriction.

Also, the air density of two 60mm chargers is a bit different than a 112Magnacharger.

~W~

Boost, in my mind, represents the increase in manifold pressure that is generated by a turbo/supercharger, but your definition is very reasonable.

I agree that manifold pressure should not be confused with the amount of air that a turbo can flow, but I fail to rationalize that logically (save for your comment about air density, which I do understand, but your reply leads me to believe those are not related...)

In any case, let me put it another way:

A 112 Magnacharger, especially if you "overboost" it, can easily flirt with the limits of a stock LS6/2. As such, that drives my comments about turbos on Vs (and modifying the motor). The 112 is a fairly proven product that can be installed rather easily (especially by Rick). As such, the headache of a turbo system, considering the fact that a maggie can get you to the ~limits of the motor, to say nothing about the fact that there is like no room in the engine bay, doesn't seem worth it...unless, of course, one changes some of the internals on the motor to make the headache worth it.

bjohnso0
04-24-08, 01:55 PM
I could have bought a maggie, but anyone who knows me would say I usually don't go the easy route. The set up I built was for a goal of 650HP @ 10 psi. I'm only running 6 psi now, but with a fairly cheap boost controller I can crank up the boost. I went directly to Turbonetics and gave them my goal & the set up I was building and the maximum boost level I would be seeing. After several weeks of research and calculations and 'will it fit?' I built it. Now I have a one of a kind V that can outperform just about any car out there and I can say that I did it myself. I don't want to sound cocky, but I'm fairly proud of my car. When talking about price, I only spet about $3200 on parts and, to me, my labor was free.

Luna.
04-24-08, 02:16 PM
I think you are illustrating my point: 650 rwhp is an excellent goal and would, at least in my mind, make a turbo well worth it.

If, however, you were/are shooting for 650 rwhp in a "stock" LS6/2, good luck to you on having it last any significant amount of time.

Personally, I'd be worried about...:bighead: