: 2004 Escalade Aftermarket Audio question.

scizzle
04-14-08, 01:24 AM
I have a 2004 escalade that I want to put an aftermarket sound system in a deck, speakers, amps and subs. I wanted to know if I do this will I still be able to use the steering wheel controls, the 6 disc cd changer, and the middle seat center console (which is the heated seats/ radio audio controls in the middle row)? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

SezzY
04-14-08, 02:12 PM
I got a nice setup already but do not use anything of those except the seat heating. I believe they could wire it but I really dont think you need that...

I will post some pics later on when I get my rims so you will see how it came out...

;)

scizzle
04-14-08, 03:43 PM
I want to see your pics

slowgoer
04-27-09, 03:47 AM
i put in an aftermarket headunit and had to get a special steering wheel control adapter to retain those functions. not a big deal really. but the back seat controls and cd changer are screwed in mine. the rear seat heaters work fine, but the audio stuff is gone once you take out the factory head unit.

probably someone more knowedgable may know how to tap into those functions or wire that up with an aftermarket unit...

pcguy760
04-27-09, 03:21 PM
I know you will loose rear controls with the 03 and up but 02 and below we are still able to use the rear controls with the aftermarket adapter (PAC SWI-PS I assume?) :)